Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#196   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 07:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/224/150 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 0%
Arrow re: bfl

Hey Lisa..
Just popping in to see how you are doing.
I officially started body for life yesterday..really looking forward to my 12 week journey..stuck mostly with the myoplex lite shakes for the first day..i'm still a bit nervous about the whole portion thing..freaks me out a bit that i will have too much of something.
I have to get a little notebook or something so i can keep track of exactly how much i am lifting etc. i am doing all my exercises but by the time i get home, its hard to keep track of exactly what i did.
talk to you soon.
take care.
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 18:52

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Jennifer - I can't wait to read about your progress! I did pop into your journal briefly this morning and just wanted to give you a quick heads-up warning onthe carb content of the myoplex bars and shakes - generally nasty for those hidden carbs. With more workouts and weight training you may be able to handle them though. Its always an interesting experiment to see what works and what doesn't!

As for keeping track of your workouts...I'm going to PM my work email to you, if you reply, I'll send you the Excel spreadsheets that I used to track my workouts (exactly the same as the ones inthe book and downloadable somewhere onthe Web - I'm just too wiped to go looking).

Today's workout got derailed by my husband's trip to the chiropractor this a.m. Tomorrow will be a joint cardio, weights day.

I'm definitely loving the new weight routine - its so much faster!!! And man, do my pecs hurt today!

Lisa
  #198   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 22:20

BF:
Arrow re: bfl

Hey Lisa!
Thanks for taking a look at my journal. Any advice coming from someone who's has acheived such great success is certainly the kind of feed back I am looking for.
I have been tracking my food on fitday as well. My calories seem a bit low to me although each day it has been the recommended 40/40/20 split.
Like I mentioned, I just feel safer using the myoplex products. I know I've been going a bit heavy on them and am certainly going to try and incorporate more "real foods" as I get the hang of this.
(they are just so darned convenient! ).

Anyhoo...about to begin day 4. cardio today.

That would be great if you could send me the gym logs..I really appreciate it! I'll be looking for them!

Thanks again for your help and your support Lisa. It really is a great help.

Talk to you soon!
  #199   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 06:50

BF:

Jenn - I'll send you the files when I get your email address (check your private messages -- I sent you one yesterday).

Today -

5:15 - ran 30 minutes (approx. 4 kms)
7:30 - Back/Bicep day

Lat pulldowns
6 reps, 30 lbs
2 x 6 reps, 40 lbs
Seated row
3 x 6 reps, Level 9
One arm rows
3 x 6 reps, 25 lbs
Hammer curls
3 x 6 reps, 15x2 lbs
Concentration curls
3 x 8 reps, 12 lbs

Lisa
  #200   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 19:21

BF:
Arrow re: gym logs

Hey Lisa!
I dont know much about this private messenger thing. my email address is shawj11~msn.com

I'll be looking for it!

Thanks again!
  #201   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 19:22

BF:
Exclamation oops

Oops..thats shawj11~msn.com
  #202   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 19:24

BF:
Arrow what the ???????

it wont let me do the "at" symbol!
  #203   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 06:23

BF:

Hi Jenn - no, the site automatically removes it so spammers can't come in and steal your email address and start sending you all kinds of junk mail.

As for private messages - you can go read them by scrolling down to the bottom of the Active Low-Carber Forums screen -- you 'll be able to see if you have any private messages!

Alternatively, if you look right above this message you'll see the note you left me. Right below it are a bunch of icons...click on the PM one and it will take you to your private messages.

Lisa
  #204   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 11:22

BF:

Jenn - I can't seem to email you?! I've been trying all morning.

Lisa
  #205   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-02, 07:57

BF:

I'm never sure how to describe a bad run. On the one hand, at least I got out there right? And I did run most of it! On the other hand, walked a LOT (especially at the end) and had a lot of negative self-talk going on which generally tends to make me slow right down to a walk. Oh well... like I said, at least I got out there.

So, ran (mostly) walked (some) of 5k - 38 mins total (ran about 30-32)

Lisa ... who's is going to re-read her signature line a few times today!
  #206   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-02, 09:11

BF:
Arrow Re:email

Hey Lisa..
Sorry about that. I signed up for a bfl support thing and didnt realize how busy it was going to be so i was getting like 150 updates everytime someone posted so my email was full. Needless to say, i had to readjust my settings!
Anyway, its ok now..thanks for trying

In other news..tommorrow starts week two! yeeha! I have to admit..i really took advantage of my free day..and then some

but, back on track today and looking forward to the new week on the program..really starting to see some results in my arms. I have to keep telling myself that this will take some time and that i need to be patient!

Sorry your run didnt go so well. Like you said, at least you got out there and as always...something is better than nothing. You have come a LONG WAY! Just remind yourself of that whenever u r feeling down.

Chin up girl!

Talk to you soon.

#207   ^
Old Thu, Apr-25-02, 08:46

BF:

Yay! I'm back! Don't wanna be here...but here I am nonetheless.

Must admit that workouts in BC were few and far between. The gym in the hotel was under renovation and right next to the pool. It took a whole 30 seconds to break out into a completely sweaty mess it was so humid. Not to mention that the weights were all just thrown into a small room and there was hardly room to maneuver in there.

So, for now, I'm counting on my LBM to keep me from ballooning to larger than life again. Once things have settled down with moving house and the co-parenting plan, I'll be better able to manage some workouts. May have to rely on some yoga tapes for a while in the meantime.

Lisa
  #208   ^
Old Thu, Apr-25-02, 16:22

BF:
Arrow re: journal

Ok..i feel totally out of the loop. Based on your latest post, i take it you have moved to a warm location!?!
Well..if that's the case... 1..i am jealous 2..i wish you the best of luck in your new surroundings...3..i am jealous!

I am on day 18 of bfl. I havent been posting here as bfl is not really a "low carb plan" so i figured i shouldn't.

I have been following the diet to a tee and working out like a madwoman. I managed to stay off the scale until two days ago and much to my dismay, when i stepped on, i was up 6 pounds from my last weigh in. I know that i am gaining muscle so i am trying not to be freaked out by this. the thing is...i went to get into a pair of my jeans this morning and i literally had to lay down to button them. i dont understand what is going on. i am logging my food intakes each day...i am staying at a range of calories where i SHOULD be losing..i am keeping w/ the proper ratios as far as fat/carbs/calories for bfl. I just don't get it. PLEASE Lisa..give me some feedback. I don't understand whats going on..i see others results..dropping inches, etc. I have completely changed my work out routine (intervals) and yet this is happening. I really would appreciate any help you could give me. I feel like i am at a weight loss stand still (was on atkins for six weeks and not a pound lost) and that i should be going to drastic measures now, but i dont want to lose muscle.
HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!

On the flip side...i was glad to get the email saying there was a new post on your board (it's been a while) and i really hope all is well with you.
Sorry for rambling on..but I don't know what to do!

Thanks again.

Jennifer
  #209   ^
Old Thu, Apr-25-02, 18:11

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by lisaf
Once things have settled down with moving house and the co-parenting plan, I'll be better able to manage some workouts. May have to rely on some yoga tapes for a while in the meantime.

Think of it as your Week or two of rest After my own forced time off I can totally relate to how you felt back at Christmas. But, wow, Lisa, it was worth it. I feel better, I lost fat and I'm psyched about the next few weeks.

Take the time you need to get organized and I'm sure you'll be back in the gym before you know it. If you need an 'ear' or a coffee I'm just a few doors down. Say 'Hi' to Chelsea for me

Nat
  #210   ^
Old Fri, Apr-26-02, 09:27

BF:

Jen - If only it were warm!!! I could use some of that! Nope - the weather here has been insane. It was as hot as July or August on my moving day...then apparently snowing two days later (I was far away on a business trip). Odd odd odd.

Nat - I sure will!

I am worried that I won't get back at all. I feel like I've already taken time off since mid-March...not many workouts to report it seems. Plenty of available excuses too. I'm going to work out a schedule for myself for next week and play around in the gym for a few days to figure out what works. Definitely want to get back to my UBWOs -- I want those swimsuit shoulders!!!

Lisa

Last edited by lisaf : Fri, Apr-26-02 at 09:37.