Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 10:43
Registered Member

Plan: Mainly the Metabolic Diet
Stats: 330/219/170
BF:
Progress: 69%
Default If you had your d'ruthers????

Hi Y'all!!!
This is Julee, formerly of LowCarb Success, Inc and creator of the FlaxOmeal cereal. I am no longer with that food manufacturing company and will be striking out on my own as soon as our dispute is settled. I am wanting to know what you guys want to see in lowcarb foods. Some ideas I have are frozen pizza's, frozen entree's, soups and casserole mixes, shake mixes with flax and other assorted goodies that I can't yet mention here. My question.....what is your heart's desire in lowcarb convenience foods? We all know that the basis of this diet is high quality protein, fat, and vegetable carbs. But when you DO want a convenience food, what would it be? And would you like to be a taste tester for upcoming products?
Thanks and
Happy Lowcarbing!!!
Julee
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 21:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Exclamation here's the 2-part challenge from MY perspective...

I'll go first

I've been thinking about these two items for a long time. Talk about a wish-list...

(1) A lowcarb sweet meal-replacement or snack bar that (of course) doesn't use sugar alcohols OR glycerol/glycerine ... as long as it sticks together, I don't CARE if it's a little bit dry.

(2) A lowcarb not-sweet (savoury, eh?) meal-replacement or snack bar, ditto on the glycerol. This is a 2-parter, really:
(2a) A pemmican (berries and meats and fats) "bar" and also
(2b) A nut-bar, vegan (no animal products).
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 15:12

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I think low carb soup mixes or casserole mixes would be awesome and I'd LOVE to be a taste tester for the new products! I think some low carb crackers that don't taste nasty would also be nice. Thanks for asking!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 09:26
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks, you guys!!!! (or shall I say GALS? :-)
I REALLY will be needing input in the upcoming months and taste testers, fo sho!!! I have tons of ideas but without running them past those in the know they will just stay ideas. Help me launch my new food company (when I can that is) and have a say in which products come out first! Thanks for all your support and well-wishes. These have been stressful times for me, but as my Mom once told me "When God closes one door HE opens another. However, it's HELL in the hallway." LOL
Happy Lowcarbing,
Julee
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 09:32

Plan: low salt
Stats: 207/236/160 Female 5'10"
BF:44.1%/33.86%/?
Progress: -62%
Exclamation

PIZZA! PIZZA! PIZZA!

I will gladly try any low-carb pizza you come up with.

Good luck with the new biz!

Julie
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 12:09

Plan: PP
Stats: 130/128/120
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Muffins!

I have to say that the Flax O Meal cereal has saved my low-carb "life". I am not a sweets lover, but I need my oatmeal, bread, and muffins. Thankfully, I found the cereal in time before I gave up.

Now if only I could have a fantastic muffin to go with my coffee!! Not sweet, but something like bran or oatmeal-tasting. Like the cereal but in a muffin!!

And I'd be glad to taste test anything you come up with!!

Suz
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 15:04
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks so much for replying, y'all. Suz...may I ask where you heard about the FlaxOmeal Cereal? And thanks for your support as well. I know LowCarb Success has come out with a pizza crust mix, and it's really good. I wish that company well, I really do. I can't wait until I am free to do my own company and run with so many of the ideas I have gotten from lowcarb sites like this one. On a personal note, my boyfriend and I are both strictly lowcarbing right now....he's lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks, and I've lost 6 for a total of 106 pounds for me. :-) So far, so good!!!! Happy Lowcarbing,
Julee
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 15:18
Registered Member

Plan: atkins, carb addicts
Stats: 190/176/148
BF:
Progress: 33%
Wink more food ideas

I would also be willing to buy a lc pizza crust mix. I hope your businnes is a success. I hope more and more people get into this wol so we can have more choices and variety in the convenience of our local grocery stores. It would definately help low carbers survive this wol in a carb obsessed world.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 15:26
Registered Member

BF:

Hi VMoore,
Even though I am disentangling myself from LowCarb Success, Inc I can assure you the pizza crust mix is the best on the marketplace. You can find it at www.lowcarbmall.com. It's called FlaxOmeal Pizza Crust Mix. Always happy to steer a lowcarber in the right direction, even if it's not in MY direction. :-)
All the Best,
Julee
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 18:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239.5/179.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi--I've been lurking for a while, but this is my first post here. This subject greatly interests me. I'm not much of a cook, and would be VERY interested in frozen meals with the proper ratios of protein, fat and carbs. Lo carb ice cream would be high on my list, too. Gelatin mix with splenda instead of aspertame.

I also would LOVE to be a taste tester---please count me in!!

By the way, I started Atkins 2/14, and after almost 2 months, I've lost 15 pounds. It's definitely NOT falling off the way Dr. A promised, but I will not quit. I haven't cheated even once--and I really don't have many legal treats. So I'll just keep plugging along...
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 07:12

Plan: PP
Stats: 130/128/120
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Julee

I heard about the FlaxOmeal cereal on this site. I was browsing the LowCarb Products forum and saw it. Many LC'ers had talked about using ground flax seed to make your own cereal, and I had tried it, but it wasn't very good. Then I read the reviews of the FlaxOmeal cereal and had to try it!!

I am a nutrition professional, so I know the benefits of flax as an n-3 fatty acid. I have used flax seeds a lot in the past myself and for patients. Just never tasted as great as this product!

Suz
  #12   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 12:31

Plan: Low Carb/14-1/2 inches lost!
Stats: 186/161/155
BF:
Progress: 81%
Default Re: If you had your d'ruthers????

Quote:
Originally posted by Flaxie
Hi Y'all!!!
This is Julee, formerly of LowCarb Success, Inc and creator of the FlaxOmeal cereal. I am no longer with that food manufacturing company and will be striking out on my own as soon as our dispute is settled. I am wanting to know what you guys want to see in lowcarb foods. Some ideas I have are frozen pizza's, frozen entree's, soups and casserole mixes, shake mixes with flax and other assorted goodies that I can't yet mention here. My question.....what is your heart's desire in lowcarb convenience foods? We all know that the basis of this diet is high quality protein, fat, and vegetable carbs. But when you DO want a convenience food, what would it be? And would you like to be a taste tester for upcoming products?
Thanks and
Happy Lowcarbing!!!
Julee

Definately a LC soup for those cold winter days....yummmm...and what about a real LC bread, that does not taste like air!

Guinea pig here!! I will test anything!!LOL
  #13   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 12:50
Registered Member

BF:

Ok...anyone who wants to be a taste tester for my new company, please email me!!! I hope to be able to start manufacturing lowcarb foods in the very near future and I need you guys to give me feedback. Thanks!!! Julee
  #14   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 13:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Love to, but how do we reach you?

Hi there! I'd love to be a taster for you. Always good to get the opinions of as many serious LCers as possible, right?

But how do we email you? I didn't see your email in your profile...

thanks!

Donald
  #15   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 14:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Hey, DWRolfe, Products Moderator here!

We really shouldn't be posting email addresses out here in the public Forums, as there are nasty little spam-generator bots out there in the world that do nothing but collect email addys for firing spam too...

But there IS an easy answer, just PM Flaxie, see the PM button at the bottom of everybody's posts? On hers, if you click on the PM button, it brings up the Private Messaging function here (and I hope she's ready to housekeep that there mailbox so it doesn't get too full!).

PS: as soon as FLAXIE (a.k.a. Julee) posts one more time, PM will become active for her. Please don't try to PM until her posts count (see over on the left under her nickname) reaches 25 .... until then, posting here where all the stuff stays together should be just fine.

PPS: Julee, drop me a line by the usual alternate methods (you know my email) if I can be of further technical help here!

Last edited by IslandGirl : Fri, May-03-02 at 14:23.