Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-02, 06:22
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I know what you mean about obsession. My husband calls me a fanatic, in a joking manner. Now, I haven't been living the life of a low carb fanatic lately, but find that my beliefs are still so. I just handed out this web address to someone I met yesterday who was complaining about back pain from the weight she's added. I didn't go into details but said I was a mentor on a site that helps people make low carb food choices, the site was free and very supportive. I try to not push but when I hear someone I speak up I make my experience known. (And I used to be very shy and not talk to someone I don't know very much.)

I have been inspired by the changes I've experienced and need to share with others upon occasion. Perhaps the fanatical part is when I mention someone (like my sister, whose weight has crept up, is having constant fatigue and other health problems) and say that the problem with them is too many carbs!

Low carbing, to me, has become a truth---almost philisophical in nature that needs to be declaimed (is that the right word?) to the world against the media and modern medicine as a viable option for many people.

I don't feel it's my personal responsibility to convert the world, but my family, friends, and even strangers who I think I can help if they ask for it.

Maybe I am a fanatic...so be it.

Beth