Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 04:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 146/135/132
BF:
Progress: 79%
Talking So who cheated over Easter??

I have to confess it was hard to resist the Easter eggs. We have 4 children so there is plenty of chocolate in the house.I didn't buy any for myself or Rog, but I did have some of my daughter's chocolate rabbit. It was the most disgusting sweet thing I have ever tasted !! and it gave me indigestion!! Amazing really - I was a complete chocoholic before!!

I was tempted to buy a load of eggs after they had been reduced for quick sale yesterday - but resisted - knowing that I would not like the chocolate!!

It wasn't hard to resist Hot cross buns when I found out that they all contain at least 40 g of carbs!!

Happy LC'ing!!

Lucy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 06:51

Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Lucy,

I wish I had your willpower. I couldn't resist having a few peeps and some chocolate. And I can also say that it didn't tast disgusting to me. I seem to love that creamy taste. I don't think I will ever get to the point where chocolate is too sweet.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 07:38

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 236/207/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 38%

I can honestly say that I surprised myself by staying away from all the goodies. I wasn't tempted once and I can not believe it because I used to love chocolate... now it seems a thing of the past. If ever I get a craving I remind myself how horrible I will feel after I eat it and then I feel good about it. Slipping up once in a while is just human nature. You can just pick yourself up and continue where you left off. Happy weight loss
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 08:44

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Talking Cheatless in Chicago...

I was an Atkins angel for Easter...
...no cheating by me. Not even tempted.

Donald
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 08:56

Plan: low salt
Stats: 207/236/160 Female 5'10"
BF:44.1%/33.86%/?
Progress: -62%
Arrow Who me?

Nope. No cheating here! I ate 3 hard boiled dyed eggs instead. Boy, I was tempted on Monday though when my boss' daughter offered me some of her jelly beans. Thank goodness they were 'Jolly Rancher' and not 'Jelly Bellys.' I probably would have caved in.

Best wishes,
Julie
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 09:12

Plan: My own: clean eating
Stats: 290/139/125 Female 5'5"
BF:no clue!
Progress: 92%
Default Bad, bad Joanie

Did I cheat?! OOOOOOHHHHHH YYYYEEEESSSSS!!!!!

And I'd love to say that it all just tasted terrible, but it didn't. It tasted great. So there you have it. It probably didn't help that my kids are sick (gory details in my journal) but really, I could have resisted if I'd tried. Am I sorry I did it? Yes, but not because I lapsed. I'm sorry because it's hard to get back on track once you slip. I'll do it, but it will be hard. When I left WW after losing 60+ pounds, I gained about 10 pounds back before I got serious about losing again. I hope that I can avoid that now, especially before bathing suit season!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 09:23
TerrieP

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default Jelly Bellys

They were the undoing for me. Well my daughter and I had fun driving home from NJ (took 2 hours longer than usual) to MD and guessing what Jelly Belly we would eat next. Probably ate about 20 or so. Needless to say, I went into sugar exhaustion and fell fast asleep an hour later.

Back on the LC wagon again and went right back to Ketosis by Monday night. (Really shocked about that one!)
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 11:25
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Did I cheat? Theoretically, I could eat anything I want to. Did I overdo the sugar? That would be a yes. Chocolate seems to have no limits. Though, 4 purple peeps were disgusting after I finished them. What do they make those eyes out of? Brown wax? We did take some of the eggs that cracked on Saturday, before we were coloring them and made devilled eggs though. I told my daughter she could buy anything she wanted with her easter money she got in cards from her two grammies. She bought a game and a bag of miniatures. The game got more use.

Elihnig
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 11:34

Plan: No more
Stats: 168/177/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -39%
Thumbs up Back on the wagon!

Don't any of you who caved in over Easter give up! Get right back on the wagon! I rarely cheat, but when I do, I plan ahead and have myself already focused to be right back on track!

It doesn't take me long at all to go right back into ketosis and I don't even have to feel bad for having that treat... So, you guys can do it, too...

Focus... focus... focus.... Where do you want to be 6 months from now??? And what are you going to do TODAY to help you get closer to that goal???

cindi
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 11:47

Plan: Atkins induction AGAIN...
Stats: 242/197/199 Female 5'8.5"
BF:ALOT
Progress: 105%

I don't consider planning to eat the holiday food cheating. I plan to eat it and I don't over eat. Yet, I am not a TRUE TRUE carb addict, so it does not trigger any cravings for me. I allow myself the food I love when it comes around basically 3 times a year. If I never allow it, then it will be a DIET again, and I will not allow that. Sunday was a special family day and my mom makes the best Turkey stuffing, so dang right I ate it, and loved every bite of it. Not craving it and won't have it again until Thanksgiving.
Cindy
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 13:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 205/205/175 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy A hot dog???

A week before I came home I told my parents NO Easter basket! But, my grandmother of course gave me a Fanny May basket that she's been giving to me for the last 20 years. Left it at home and didn't even open it. Here's where I cheated, I reasoned that since it was Easter weekend I could have 2 hot dogs from a famous hot dog joint in my city. I haven't had one for a year and crave them. Also on Easter I had corn on the cob...once again, justified by Easter. Will I be doing this for Flag Day and Friendship day too? Am I just looking for an excuse to cheat?
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 13:49
Registered Member

Plan: Semi low carb
Stats: 70/68/58 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 17%
Wink Cheating isn't the right word....

I ate one spoon tip of pumpkin pie filling. I cooked turkey, potatoes, gravy, stuffing, jello salad, cabbage salad....the works. I made apple and pumpkin pie and homemade dinner rolls......and had nothing I knew wasn't low carb, so what did me in? The 'mmmmm' everyone gave me when they had the pumpkin pie. Monday afternoon I was sending pieces of pie home with the kids, and allowed myself a taste. It was good, it was enough, it was probably not something I will repeat.
I am learning to be responsible for my food decisions.
Cheating has such negative connotations attached to it...I prefer the term "relapse".
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 14:23

Stats: 257/224/130
BF:
Progress: 26%

I can say that I did not cheat on Easter. I gave my husband a choc. race car (no bunnies) and one to my daughter and son in law, and my mother, and I did not touch one! I am so proud of me! All that I had was some beef (no gravy) and LC veggies and I am proud to say I broke my stall and lost 4 lb. this past week.
Debbie
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 14:52

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default I was a good girl.

Nope...no cheating here, either. I can't even say I was all that tempted except perhaps by the homemade rolls that my step mom asked me to make (homemade bread has always been a weakness for me). I know how good they are, but I resisted and had the ham, broccoli and a few devilled eggs instead. I even lost a pound last week and am now officially halfway to my goal.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 15:08

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 168/168/155 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I cheated on Saturday. I went on a long run with only lo carb snacks, an experiment if you will. Well I bonked (ran out of steam) after two hours so my friend gave me three packets of Power Gel ~ 26 carbs a piece. I used them to make it back the last eight miles which were uphill!
On SUnday I ate one sugar cookie with icing. It was awful so I didn't feel too bad. Induction is tough but I love the support from everyone. Bye Bye, MM