Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-02, 20:13

Plan: atkins plan
Stats: 221/221/145
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool new kid

Hello,

I'm punky, this is my 3rd day and I must say this stage is rough. But I'm here to stay. And I welcome all comments.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-02, 20:38

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hey Punky, welcome aboard!

Yep, the first few days can be extremely rough - but in another week (or even sooner) you will probably agree that the misery was well worth the reward you will already be noticing in how you eat and feel.

I would recommend you browse around the forums quite a bit to get a good feel for what the first few weeks are like - the ups and the downs - so that you know what you can expect.

Also, I highly recommend starting a journal here - they are an amazing resource, especially during the rough times (and there WILL be rough times).

Hang in there and Keep the Faith!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-31-02, 13:30

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there Punky Welcome to the board and to LC. Those first few days of detox can be tough - but stick with it, you'll soon be feeling the rewards of your new lifestyle.

Have a good long look through the "newbies' questions" subform - specifically the thread stuck at the top of the forum by Karen called "Hot Links!". It contains many links to past discussion on topics that will be of some interest to you during your first few weeks of LCing. Knowledge is power!

Happy reading and Happy Easter
Nat
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-31-02, 19:58

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi Punky and welcome!

Yup...those first few days can be rough. I was feeling so bad to start with that I never noticed the carb withdrawals (that should give you an idea of how bad I was feeling before I started), but when my DH decided to join me on this WOL after New Year, the third day was the worst. He was snapping and growling at everyone so much that morning, I finally looked at him and said "honey, would you like to find you a tire to gnaw on?" LOL He got the point and later apologized for being so ornery.