Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-02, 09:25

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/186/140 Female 52 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I really enjoy this way of life...... I have had alot of people come to me going your gonna eat to much red meat.. Im like well I eat the same meats I have eaten before but if anything I eat more fish now.. So to me my red meat has gone down.. Then the old you have to eat to much fat thing... I eat actualy less fat nowl...I tell them to go check the fat content in a couple of candybars...lol they are like Oh I guess you are right... I have always eaten the fat with my meats and stuff and always cooked with butter and seseemee oil....That usualy stops them their tracks.. I get my carbs threw my vegies and a few berries I eat.. I tell them that carbs arnt bad for you, you just need to feed your body the right kind of carbs .... And far as the sugar goes.. I was always tetertoddering on the border line of becoming a diabetic.. Now I know that my sugar level is stable... And as far as the kindeys I use to always get bladder and kidney infections.. But now with all the water I keep them flushed out with water instead of with juices and cokes....

Have your mom read the book and see what she thinks after wards.. I love eating ths way .....

I had a partylite party lastnight here at my house and I fixed everything that I could with the exception I had some crackers out that they could put the cheese and peperonie on... They loved it....

I hope that You continue with your new wol... For me I am loving the benifits that come with the Atkins.....

Your can do it....

Your friend
Tammy