Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#256   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 19:40
Registered Member

Plan: veggie low carb
Stats: 131/131/105 Female 4'11''
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Thanks!

Thanks guys, I needed to hear that! As a result I've hit the bottle (water bottle, that is) and hope that the extra water will help!

Danielle, were you on it for a sinus infection? I usually don't have a problem with medicine but this one was killing me. Even taking it with food my stomach felt like it had an alien growing inside it!...my doc switched me to augmentin and hopefully that will do the trick

Good night!
Suzy

PS Im going try to make those protein bars this weekend. I like the idea of homemade much more than the store bought stuff
Sponsored Links
  #257   ^
Old Wed, Mar-13-02, 08:26

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 225/196/160 Female 5' 1"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Feeling sick..

Hi Suzy,

When I had the flu a couple of weeks ago, I just felt yucky and wanted to eat...that old comfort food thing....don't be so tough on yourself, keep drinking the water and you'll get there....I had gained 3 lbs recently, and have been drinking water like crazy and now I'm down 2 again, one more to go and I'll be back in the losing bracket!

It is so frustrating though and I understand that....try to remember that the weight came on over time, so it will take a little time to get rid of it...

Keep smiling!
Carol
  #258   ^
Old Wed, Mar-13-02, 20:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/145/115
BF:
Exclamation

Hello everyone!

I am still new to this low carb WOE, and I was wondering when you get sick or have the flu. What do you guys do to treat that without drinking cough syrup which I know has sugar in it??
  #259   ^
Old Wed, Mar-13-02, 20:38

BF:
Default Cough medicine

Hi Lil MomMa,

There are various brands of sugar free cough syrup...my husband bought some for me when I had the flu a few weeks back...he couldn't find it on the shelf, but the pharmacist directed him to cough syrup for diabetics, which is sugar free....it worked fine for me...I also found sugar free cough drops, I had a menthol-eucalyptus flavored one, that I think was a CVS pharmacy brand and also a Halls brand that was cherry flavored.

I did resort to taking Nyquil, just so I could sleep and that had sugar and alcohol in it, but it was worth it for me, just to feel better! I found that I didn't gain while taking it. (Although, I did cheat and had some cookies and cereal while I was sick....good old quick comfort food....oh well we are not perfect!)

Hope you are not sick, and just need this for future reference!
Carol
  #260   ^
Old Wed, Mar-13-02, 22:07
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 167/125/115
BF:
Progress: 81%
Default Hi suzy

Hi suzy

I hope your feeling beter. Yes, I was on it for a sinus infection and the doctor just prescribed it to me again for a sore throat. I'm a teacher, I'm always getting sick. This time he told me to take 2 once daily instead of 1 twice a day. I'm hoping it won't affect my stomach.

Feel better
Danielle
  #261   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-02, 08:02
Pending Member

Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Good morning

Susy, I hope you are feeling better. I too have had a sinus infection and a very sore throart. I get this every spring. I have found beef broth and chicken broth helps my throat.

Well ladies, I have decided to go back on induction again. I have been gaining weight. So, I am starting over and this time I will keep my journal everyday and using fitday. I found myself not eating forbidden food but more carbs then I should. So today, is my first day and for breakfast: 2 sausage and 1 egg with a tbsp. of butter. 2 cups of coffee and now I will start drinking my water. I now know that my water is very important for me to loss. Well I hope everyone have a great low carb day.

Donna
  #262   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-02, 09:34
Registered Member

BF:
Default sounds good to me!

Hi guys, how is everyone doing? I'm feeling much better today

Hey, I got something in the mail yesterday that sounds pretty good! I thought you guys might be interested in it too...I dont know if anybody does the ExtraCare program at CVS (I think you get a dollar back for every 25 you spend, or something like that...). Well, I do it and I think its a good program. They just sent me something in the mail that I must have signed up for because of my dad....
It's an ExtraBucks program for diabetes...for every 50 bucks (on qualifying merchandise) that you spend you get 5 bucks back. The booklet lists all of the products that qualify and the list is long! Lots of stuff that Atkins and low carb people would probably also buy...Ketone strips, Sugar-free medicines, Sugar substitutes like Splenda, Fiber, Vitamins, plus a whole list of foot care, skin care, and dental care products that anyone could use...I think maybe you can sign up through there website...anyway, just thought I would share

Hope everyone has a good day...I think it is warming up outside

Suzy
  #263   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-02, 18:41
Pending Member

BF:
Default Good evening

Suzy, I am glad you are better. I will look into the program. It sound like some thing my husband could use.

Well, girl it was beautiful today here in Huntington WV. It reached 78 degrees so I worked almost all day out in the yard and took a mile walk with neighbor. I am bushed and I think I will go to bed early and read. I hope everyone had a great day and well talk with everyone tomorrow.
Donna
  #264   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-02, 22:05
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 167/125/115
BF:
Progress: 81%

Finally- the Whoosh fairy has arrived. It's been a while since I was able to change my profile. I'm just about half way there and I'm hoping the second half will not be a struggle.

I have five weeks until my nephew's christening and hoping to my a size 12 dress. If I get into a 10 I'll be estatic. I wore a skirt today that I haven't been able to wear in a will and it was even a little loose. That helped me keep motivated.

Well, enjoy your weekend ladies!

Danielle
  #265   ^
Old Fri, Mar-15-02, 07:05

Plan: protein power
Stats: 265/134/120
BF:
Progress: 90%

Good morning everyone!!!
Gees there sure seems to be a lot of you feeling under the weather lately. I really hope you all feel better soon. I haven't been sick since I started PP or maybe it's just too cold here for germs to live LOL!!!
Donna going back to induction should get things zapping along again, I've done this many times after I have stalls and it seems to get things moving again.
Danielle great to hear the fairy is visiting you...can you leave her a message to find her way over here!!!
I have my pictures up on another website, if you guys would like to take a look they're at www.pppics.com I'm under 1227d Louise,
I hope you all have a great day!!!
I hope the whoosh fairy comes to visit us all!!!!
for now
Louise
  #266   ^
Old Fri, Mar-15-02, 09:24

BF:
Default WoW!!

Hi LouiseV,

My goodness, I just looked up your photos, you look terrific!! Way to go!

You must be so excited.....I am just hoping that I myself will have such a dramatic change when I get near my goal....very impressive!

I hope everyone takes a look, by doing so, will inspire all of us petites I think!

Thank you for sharing with us Louise!

Danielle, congrats on the woosh fairy visit! I too was able to finally change my profile after about a week or two....I lost the 3 lbs I had gained and now lost one more!

2 more lbs and I will weigh what I was at my wedding 9 years ago....time to drag out the wedding dress and try it on!!!!!

Hope that woosh fairy keeps stopping by!

Well folks, I am making a batch of feta cheese and also some fresh goat cheese, so I better get down to the kitchen and do some stirring!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Carol
  #267   ^
Old Fri, Mar-15-02, 10:42
Registered Member

BF:
Default that's amazing!

Louise, you look amazing! I'm really excited for you. In the "now" pic, you look as if you've been that fit your whole life! It shows that you lost the weight in a really healthy way...congrats, congrats, congrats!

Is there an area of this site (lowcarber.org) that is dedicated to before and after (or on the way) pics? That would be a nice thing for motivation. Carol is right, looking at those pictures really helps to keep me on track!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. Hopefully it is sunny where you all are!

Suzy
  #268   ^
Old Fri, Mar-15-02, 14:26
Pending Member

BF:
Thumbs up Way to go

Wow!!!!!! Louise, I could believe the change in you. Thank you so much for sharing your pictures. I need to do the same thing. If I can find one of me at my biggest. I hardly let any one take a picture but I will talk with my husband and see if he can help me so by Monday I will try to get them on line. Thanks again for sharing and congratulation.

I hope everyone will have a wonderful weekend.
Donna
  #269   ^
Old Fri, Mar-15-02, 19:11

Plan: protein power
Stats: 265/134/120
BF:
Progress: 90%
Cool

Thank you!!!!!
Thank you all so much my petite friends for all the great compliments...Talk about an ego trip, I hate to weigh myself tomorrow I think my head is 10lbs heavier LOL!!!
I just think that life being overweight is hard physically and emotionally. Choosing to lose weight,get fit and healthy is a road to recovery, it is also a difficult process which is slow going,and sometimes painful...but it is worth it, there are so many rewards at the end , you not only regain health you gain confidence and self satisfaction. I feel like after so many years I've become a whole person again....
I posted my pictures to encourage others and to show them that it is possible to become who you want to be!!!
In the process you guy's have encouraged me to go for it and to reach my goal...I will soon be able to post my after pics....
Thank you again my dear friends
Louise
  #270   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-02, 08:29

BF:
Default You are so right!

Hi Louise,

You hit the nail right on the head! I think that when you are overweight, no matter how smart, intelligent or clever you are...people view you as just fat, or out of control somehow, by not being able to be thin... I can't tell you how many job promotions I lost out on to the less skilled, but slim and usually blonde women....(Hope I didn't offend anyone who is blonde, or slim for that matter!LOL)

It is very painful, and emotionally draining....but like yourself, I feel by losing this weight I am becoming a whole person again...and I am getting more confident everyday...your pictures are an inspiration to me, and I hope in a year's time, I will be able to post some pictures too.....(of course I have to figure out how!LOL)

Thanks again Louise, and all my petite friends who help keep me on track and mindful of my goal!
Carol