Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-02, 06:16

Plan: Atkins (89)
Stats: 221/159/150 Female 66
BF:sizes:18W/ 8 /6-4
Progress: 87%
Thumbs down Cheated for no reason

Ok, I'll fess up. I made a bad choice. My husband and I worked through some issues last night and just being too tired (or lazy) we decided to get McDonalds for dinner. UG!!! I ate about 1/4 my fries and was soooo full, but continued and ended up eating all of them and my nasty sandwich. (Processed food tastes SOOOO BAD!!!!! (I don't know if he's going to be feeling as crappy as I do today, as we both LC) So now, after only 4 hours sleep, I'm groggly off to work. I hope that the withdrawl is quick and only painfully when I get home (Yeah, RIGHT!!!!)

<sigh>

Melissa
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-02, 06:52

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

It happens sometimes. Lesson learned. Dont' beat yourself up over it.

Now for your punishment phase....10 situps and 10 pushups for the infraction (they increase the more you cheat )

Feel better?

#3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-02, 16:19

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

definitely forgive yourself and move on...

but you didn't cheat for "no reason." Figuring out our own situational/people/emotional triggers for carb cravings is part of the learning process that can make this way of eating work permanently. It's a great thing to record in a journal, too, so that you can see patterns emerging and develop strategies for dealing with similar situations in a better way.

HTH!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-02, 19:54

Agonycat, you sound like my husband. Everytime over once a day that I weigh I have to do 50 pushups. So I guess today I can add 10 more. (I'm going to have REALLY strong arms!!!!!)

Razzle, you're right. I think all the deep discussions pushed me back into emotional eating.
I'm feeling pretty good this evening, just exhausted. :-( I don't think that I'll be doing that for a LOOOOOOONG while.

Melissa
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-13-02, 15:34

Plan: Low Carb - No Sugar
Stats: 238/230/195
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Did it really hurt that much?

One thing that I've really noticed is that when I cheat, I generally get an attitude of, "Oh well, what's the point!".

But if you've been pretty good most of the time, your body will take that bad food in stride. The other night I was so tired after my workout, I decided to get a smoothie. That smoothie made the keytone strips reflect that I wasn't burning much fat, but ya know what? The very next day I was back at a high level of weight loss.

You're only human.

Good Luck!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-13-02, 16:36

Exclamation I never thought about it like that.......

Hey Rick,
I know that "what's the point" mindset. I was kind of there that weekend.
Thanks for the input! I never really thought about the fact that all my good wasn't lost just because I eat a meal that's not OP. That's something I need to keep in mind....... That's why I love this board, there are so many different people with different points of view that I'd never have thought about.

Thanks again!!!

Melissa