Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-05, 22:25

Plan: Low carb/healthy
Stats: 154.4/119.0/125 Female 5ft4 and 3/4ths
BF:don't ask...
Progress: 120%
Default Cheat Free Challenge...be Good To Yourself

I know..I know..there are tons of challenges going on right now... But, I am doing this mainly for myself and would be just tickled pink if I could get more people to do this challenge with me. I have been low-carbing since November of 2004..I started out great and even didn't do to bad for the holidays..But for some reason I have been cheating more all the time and I am just TIRED of doing this to my hard work. You know the old saying.."I will start again tommorrow"...I have upped my exercising..extended my running time..increased my weightlifting..But just can't seem to get my "cheating" under control..Now, I dont cheat for days on end..It might just be SUGAR..or cookies/choco-chips..But I do get back on the plan..The weekends seem to be the hardest..I have for some reason picked pretzels as my choice of snack and any low-carber knows specially sbd people that they are the worst..Then once I eat them, I have started my cheating..I haven't gone back to drinking caffine but have been doing the RT 44 diet cherry limeades that Sonic is noted for..I have noticed a change that I am going back to my old habits.. Not getting to bed early enough..snacking at night/etc..This has to stop..I have been able to get into my skinny jeans and have felt good..I dont want to gain back the weight that I have tried and worked so hard to loose..

So..I am taking one day at a time/going back to phase one starting tommorrow and counting each day I dont cheat as an accomplishment. I am experimenting on what causes my sugar surges/high-carb cravings..Comming in here to vent or keeping myself from going off the deep end will be a lesson for me. Kind of like a built in counselor..lol..I am doing good for breakfast/lunch and dinner...But then I want to snack at night. I know I shouldn't..but just dont seem to have the willpower to stop myself..I need motivation..Summer is just around the corner and I want to be able to wear my skinny short in confidence..head held high.

This is just the starting of my getting back on this WOE and feeling good about myself..We all need a push every now and then..

Come to the challenge and make your March a cheat Free one..Drink my water..Exercise...eat low carb..I know I can..No more diet drinks as of Sunday Feb 27th..Lets support each other and help each other to reach our goals..
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-05, 22:50

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 198/175/158 Female 5'10"
BF:I am 5'10" tall
Progress: 57%
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allergymom
I know..I know..there are tons of challenges going on right now... But, I am doing this mainly for myself and would be just tickled pink if I could get more people to do this challenge with me. I have been low-carbing since November of 2004..I started out great and even didn't do to bad for the holidays..But for some reason I have been cheating more all the time and I am just TIRED of doing this to my hard work. You know the old saying.."I will start again tommorrow"...I have upped my exercising..extended my running time..increased my weightlifting..But just can't seem to get my "cheating" under control..Now, I dont cheat for days on end..It might just be SUGAR..or cookies/choco-chips..But I do get back on the plan..The weekends seem to be the hardest..I have for some reason picked pretzels as my choice of snack and any low-carber knows specially sbd people that they are the worst..Then once I eat them, I have started my cheating..I haven't gone back to drinking caffine but have been doing the RT 44 diet cherry limeades that Sonic is noted for..I have noticed a change that I am going back to my old habits.. Not getting to bed early enough..snacking at night/etc..This has to stop..I have been able to get into my skinny jeans and have felt good..I dont want to gain back the weight that I have tried and worked so hard to loose..

So..I am taking one day at a time/going back to phase one starting tommorrow and counting each day I dont cheat as an accomplishment. I am experimenting on what causes my sugar surges/high-carb cravings..Comming in here to vent or keeping myself from going off the deep end will be a lesson for me. Kind of like a built in counselor..lol..I am doing good for breakfast/lunch and dinner...But then I want to snack at night. I know I shouldn't..but just dont seem to have the willpower to stop myself..I need motivation..Summer is just around the corner and I want to be able to wear my skinny short in confidence..head held high.

This is just the starting of my getting back on this WOE and feeling good about myself..We all need a push every now and then..

Come to the challenge and make your March a cheat Free one..Drink my water..Exercise...eat low carb..I know I can..No more diet drinks as of Sunday Feb 27th..Lets support each other and help each other to reach our goals..
I just try not to buy any good food like that, except now I have some low carb hershey kisses, and you know how easy it is to say oh just one more, they are two carbs each...and you know how easy that is............Gina
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 11:49

After submitting my post last night in despair, I woke up this morning with a total different attitude. I am gonna do this and I will succeed. Just admitting to my cheats and realizing that I am going downhill, I have started the first step..Yahoo..I will come in here on a daily basis with good news and hopefully hardly bad news..This will be for the Month of March and if it goes good, then I will go for the month of April. I really dont have that much more to loose, but if this is gonna be a wol then I need to be honest with myself. right? Happy Monday everyone..So far doing well..Will probably post at the end of the day after the meals/snacks are over with and of course the cheats..(there better not be none)...
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 12:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/182/150 Female 5'2"
BF:yes/it/is
Progress: 16%

I would love to join your challenge. Weekends and evenings are also my weakness. One slip and I'm off on a binge! I do not have a lot to lose but the goal seems elusive. A whole month without cheating- I think, with some one to do it with me, that I can do it.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 13:10

Plan: My Own Mix
Stats: 185/185/150 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default me too!

I am in it with you for March!

Your story sounds identical to mine - one chocolate chip and it's reason enough for the whole day to be ruined ...so I'll start again tomorrow and binge binge binge I go... BUT NO MORE!! DONE!!!

Amen!

I'm also part of the Mother's Day challenge - this will truly help me focus for each day of it in March, thanks!

Been dedicated enough now for actually three days worth - Here we go...
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 13:57

Welcome Aboard Ladies..this Is Exciting..i Am So Ready To Get On Track Again..having Buddies Sure Makes It Alot Easier..we Are In This Together..yahoo
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 14:39

Stats: 146/128/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 113%

Hi Y'All,

I'd like to join in with y'all for the month of March.

I'm also in the Mother's Day Challenge with Finngal.

I don't know why I get so hungry in the evenings, I think a lot of it is habit, you get your day's work done then you sit down to relax and have to keep feeding your face, I have tried several things to stop the evening cravings but they keep on coming back. I drink my gallon of water each day and by evening I go over the gallon trying to kill the desire to eat. Weekends I get into the alcohol, because of lc I very seldom get into the beer and only drink Scotch and water, but weekends I get into it more than I should and everything comes to a standstill as well as there are times that some of the pounds start to go back on.

I think we can all help one another through the cheating periods, if y'all are like me the cheating desire comes and goes.

I am determined to be at goal by the beginning of summer, if I put my mind to it, I could be there in no time at all.

Got to go now, maybe I can pop back on later this afternoon.

Carol
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 22:17

I forgot that today was just Feb 28th..oh well..I considered today being day one..It is the end of the day and I didn't CHEAT!!!!!!!!!..After picking up daughter wanted to head to Sonic for a RT..44 Diet Cherry Limeade..oh man..i wanted one..I didn't tho..One of the stipulations is getting off the carbonation..Then had dinner about 7:00 wanted them dern pretzels..I really think most of the snacking is out of habit. I am taking one day at a time..

1 day cheat free..welcome all of you ladies..and yes we have to be honest when we snack on bad foods or cheat..I am not gonna kid you or myself.

Best of luck for everyone..Tommorrow is March 1st..Lets get the ball rollin ladies..
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 23:49

Plan: Drs Bernskins
Stats: 260/232.4/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:lots
Progress: 28%

Count me in please! I also do so well for so long...have lost quite a bit of weight but have not budged out of the 190s since before Christmas...and I mean the low 190's.
I don't know what I weigh today but am coming off a 3 day carb fling and decided not to punish myself with the scale yesterday as I am writing this at about 1 AM (can't sleep) so happy March 1st all.
I had been doing very well and losing slowly (which is OK) by doing 20-25 carbs and about 30 carbs on the weekends.
I am an emotional eater. BUT Friday noc my DH and I decided to have a treat. I marinaded a steak and used balsamic vinegar and stir fried a lot of low carb, low glycemic veggies and had fresh strawberries for dessert (I do have a bit of fruit on the weekend without trouble).
I think what got me into trouble is I did not do fit day and probably went way over 30 carbs as I did not pay attention to portions or the fact that balsamic vinegar is higher in sugar.
All I know is I was off and running and after consuming a huge meal was craving and hungry and hour later...so I ate...had a arguement with DH and found another excuse to eat.
Woke up from a carb coma on Feb 28th and felt like crap.
Had more carbs than I should on the 28th but at least they were all low carb and low glycemic.
I think I need to do the 20-25 carbs a day for at least 2 weeks and leave the fruit out until I get some kind of control back.
I know I need to track my food for carbs and cals no matter what!!!!
So, here I am...hoping to be accountable to this thread and get back on track. I learned that even low carb needs to be measured...for me anyway.
Looking forward to a cheat free March and if I do fall the inspiration to pick myself up immediately again.
LC hugs to all,
Nancy
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 00:38

Plan: 999
Stats: 999/999/999 Female 999
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi Allergymom,

i'd like to join the Challenge as well. I lost some weight before Christmas but gained it all back. Now I'm starting over and I think this will make it a bit easier.

Good luck everyone,
kristina
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 07:52

Plan: Atkins/Oprah/Phil
Stats: 228.4/187.6/175 Female 71 nches
BF:32%//26.4 BMI
Progress: 76%
Default Let's Go!

I'm with you....my weakness is the Pizza Hut commercial. I am one of the odd ones that don't really crave the sweets, but boy do I miss the hot bread, pasta, mac and cheese, potatoes and pizza. That's my list of weaknesses....well, I'm also missing my glasses of wine, but for that I am doing the "Dr.Phil" thing....no fail environment...there is no wine in the house. The other stuff...well, I have a family to feed and it's here,but so far so good. Good Luck to Everyone!!
Anita
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 11:24

Stats: 146/128/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 113%

Good Morning Y'All,

Well, I've been cheat free for over 24 hours now.

Allergymom - I agree with you 100% on the Sonic Diet Cherry Limeade, I had one last summer while visiting my brother and his family in Leander, Texas (near Austin). I fell in love with it, will be going to Vermont in August for a family reunion, not sure if they have Sonic's there. Oh well, I really don't need one.

I also got in my gallon of water yesterday, as a matter of fact I think it was more like 1.5 gallons

I did 1 mile on my treadmill at a rate of about 3.8 miles/hour. I knew I was only going to do a mile so I really got going. Will try for two miles tonight, I usually walk at a 3.5 mile per hour pace, good cardio. I really haven't had much energy lately but hope the flu bug will stay and not really hit.

Need to get back to work, will try to get back on later.

Y'all have a wonderful day.

Carol
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 13:40

Welcome to all the new ladies that joined..The more people the merrier. It seems to be so much easier when you join a challenge..It gives you a reason to loose the weight and not to "Cheat"..woke up this morning with a good feeling..I haven't weighed myself either moondanzr due to the over carbing over the wknd. Guess we should be truthful to ourselves and weigh no matter what we ate..But I have in the past been a scaleaholic and it sure made me insane. Will weigh myself on Saturday and then on every Saturday after that. I really am not concerned what the scales say..Its the point of feeling healthy/eating good and my clothes fitting good. I just got off that TOM so will prolly be up some as well..

Goals for this challenge..

1. Drink the most water possible..At least 1/2 gallon
2. Exercise at least 4 times a week and up my running..
3. No stops to Sonic..(arrrrrrrgh)...
4. No eating after 7:00 pm or at least 3 hrs before bed..
5. Main goal is getting to bed no later then 10-10:30..getting your sleep at least 8 hours is so important..

Everyone have a good day..
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 14:02

Plan: Atkins/Oprah/Phil
Stats: 228.4/187.6/175 Female 71 nches
BF:32%//26.4 BMI
Progress: 76%

Allergymom,
I agree with your goals! I think some of ours are similar.

1) No eating after seven.
2) No alcohol.
3) No excuses.
4) Ride exercise bike at least four times a week and build up to longer duration...only doing 30 minutes right now.
5) Stick to plan for at least 12 weeks...and then hopefully more, but committing to 12 weeks minimum. ( I started Feb 21.) just starting week two.
6.) No cheating.
7.) Tuck in shirt, tuck in shirt..
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Mar-01-05, 14:10

Stats: 164/153/138 Female 5'8
BF:size:12/8/6
Progress: 42%

Hi girls!
I would like to join this post too. I had a goal to lose before my new year's cruise and succeeded, but I haven't been able to drop much since (I am stuck between 147-150). I have cheating issues on the weekends and late at night as well. Sundays are an absolute disaster b/c i am usually low on groceries and sometimes a bit tired and hungover from the night before!! Since yesterday (24 hours) I have started back on keeping my carbs under 25. My other goals are the following..
1) Gym 4/week...aerobics, weights, pilates, and jogging
2) No more than 25 carbs
3) Only 1 Diet Soda/Day
4) Eat Breakfast (always have to force it down)
5) No more take-out on Sunday afternoons (always crave Pizza or sushi)
6) No coffee drinks (they are the hardest thing for me to give up)
Good luck everyone and hopefully I will be in my size 4 by July 1st.