Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 11:07

Plan: atkins/No Dairy
Stats: 194/148/134
BF:
Progress: 77%
Default 8 POUNDS in 20 DAYS!!!

8 pounds gone in 20 days!!!!

I am so excited and want to share.... Started my 6 week blitz on Feb. 19th.... My goal was to move out of the range I had been in for forever..... I cut out all dairy and stuck to low carb, mainly lower fat choice foods. I drink alot of protein shakes (low carb and low fat choices) and continue to work out with weights. I am excitied about the results and will continue to post. This is great for people who are discouraged with the lack of results.... I never gave up on the low carb lifestyle.. But I was not able to reach my goal. I now know I will reach my goal....Which is 22% body fat. I am currently at 34%. So I have a ways to go....But I am so encouraged. Mel and I post in group journals under 6 week BLITZ and you are welcome to join us anytime. Don't ever give up hope on this program. It is the best. I know how to maintain and I can hardly wait to get to where I want to be so I can get on to maintenance. Stay faithful to yourselves.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 10:18

Plan: Atkins --> South Beach
Stats: 219/214.5/165 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

You go girl! I could never cut out dairy (I’m a vegetarian) but good for you that you listened to your body, and are giving it just what it needs!

And thanks for the encouragement … I’ve been making some major adjustments to my basic LC way of doing things. It’s great to hear about your success doing the same.

Keep it up!

--Rhu
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 10:29

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

good to hear that you're losing! Yes, some people really don't do well with dairy (some with eggs, some with red meat, some with pork--it's interesting how different we all are!)

Keep working at that BF% Hope you're having fun with the weights!

And all that exercise should help keep your blood sugars in line, too. WTG!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 10:33

BF:

thanks rhubarb and razzle....

I feel great.... just keep hitting new lows every 3 days.... I am over the moon....

Thanks for the encouragement as well...\
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 11:49
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile Hi

Not meaning to rain on your celebration but I wanted to share some past experience with you. I lost alot of weight in a short time and then I stalled, its a period of time when your body adjust to the large weight loss. Don't view it as a failure if it happens and stick to what you are doing. It will pass.

I wish you great success!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 12:53

BF:

thanks lessara.... i recognize the symptom. i lost weight slowly in the last year.... stalled for months.... i am now rolling again.... so if a stall happens.....it's not something i haven't seen before.