Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 19:27

Plan: beklow 60 carbs/day
Stats: 138/138/118
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default hello

Hi
I'm new here
have 5 kids (oldest is 29 youngest is 11)
lost baby fat on low carb diet after each delivery
now quit smoking at girl scout cookie time 2 weeks ago & shoving everything in my mouth so gained about 6-8 punds real quick
also 5 yrs ago when one of my boys was in a real bad accident, I quit working & was less physical cuz I stayed home to take care of him
(he's great now) so over the last 5 years I have gained at least 20 pounds
so here I am
just used the little dell carb counter book I found 39 years ago - called the air force diet then - stay under 60 carbs/day
so until i learn more current stuff will do that - like low carb diet cause too many carbs drag me down & besides I love butter
Take care you all
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 19:30

BF:

daaa
I found the air force low carb book 29 yrs ago not 39!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 20:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/184.25/140
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Best Wishes

I wish you the best in your new beginning. It's nice that you are familiar with the LC lifestyle.

Have a great week.

Cougar
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 22:35

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi, cpr. Sounds like you know the drill I'm a butter fan, too. I could more easily imagine life without bread than life without butter.

If carbs drag you down, you have more than a bit of weight as a motivator. Good luck to you -- please post and keep us up to date on how things are going for you.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 03:21

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Hi Cpr

Welcome to the forum.

I was interested to hear about your earlier experiences of low carbing - so you know the benefits.

This time with all the information on the internet it should make life even easier to find out the current information.

All the best for returning to this way of life.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 17:15

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Greetings and welcome aboard!

I would love to find out more about that old Air Force diet. I remember that about 30 years ago they had a real good aerobics training program in place as well. Then then they started buying into the high-carb mantra and backing off their aerobics training. Now, at least, they seem to be going back to a meaningful aerobics program. It will probably be a long time before they wake up to the low carb approach again.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-13-02, 09:17

BF:
Question old air force diet

I really don't know much about it except that I remember you had to stay under 60 carbs/day to loose
I would sometimes hit pateaus & stay below 25 for a day or so to get the basll rolling again
If I remember the exercise 'fad' at the time had lost to do with isometrics- having the st 4 kids in 6 years, there was no way I could go running etc to do aerobics & in the Living room was a joke as they'd just crawl all over me

I haven't had time to go through this site much yet but is the 60 carb thing still applicable/advisable?