Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 10:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 22/22/8
BF:
Progress: 23%
Question Anybody feel tired of eating?????

Is anyone feel like they are tired of eating??? I eat so much now I am so tired of it. I am atired of the cooking and eating. That is what I feel like I am eating all the time! I need a break. I am not even hungry! I am eating cause I am told if I dont eat 10 times my weight I will not lose. I must be doing something wrong cause I am stuffing myself. I just dont want to eat anymore. I want to feel hungry sometimes. But I am just plain tired of eating. Isnt that weird?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 10:42

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 248/219.5/150 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 29%

I totally understand what you are saying.

I'm sick of thinking about food. I know the average person doesn't focus so much on what they are going to eat, when, how much!!! This is the worst part about this WOE. Way to much emphasis on when, what and how much. I enjoy this WOE for the fact that I'm losing the weight and that I'm never really hungry. But, I'm so sick of thinking of food.

Again, since I'm not ever hungry, I don't want to eat. That certainly is a first for me. I would never forget about eating. I use to have an I.V. hooked up to the potato chip bag, now I don't even care what a chip looks like (honestly). This WOE is amazing.

Hopefully, this is a phase and I should certainly be getting use to this by now. Well, this is my 7th week and 20 lbs down. So, I guess I shouldn't complain, but the fact remains if I don't forget about food pretty soon I'm going to throwup!!

Have a good day!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 12:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Post Tired of thinking about food...

There are times that I don't want to think about food...
...and usually it's because I haven't stayed well enough prepared in advance. I really have to stay on top of things.

And I totally understand that you are not feeling hunger and find yourself not wanting to eat. I had to force myself to eat several times over the weekend.

But thinking (planning) menus and keeping myself on plan beats the heck out of thinking about what do I have to wear, will I fit in that chair, how can I hide this flab, do people think I'm lazy and stupid because I'm fat.....

Things could be WAY worse...

Good luck!

Donald
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 12:34

Stats: 225/182/170 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 78%

YES!! I am so sick of eating! I know I'm eating enough because I've lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks, but I sit down to eat my lunch or dinner and I just wish I didn't have to eat it! It's not that I don't like the food, I resolved to not eat any more food I didn't like, it's just that I feel if I stuff my face with any more food, I'll be sick!

I am definitely glad I don't have any more cravings and I haven't been this weight in years, I just want to eat less. My meals keep getting a little further apart.

Well, I don't have a remedy, just know that feeling full and weighing less is better than feeling hungry and weighing more!

Amber
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 12:42
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Yep! I think it happens to everyone. I think there is a turning point where food does not become your major focus in life and it becomes more of a survival thing. This does not mean that it is not pleasurable or something you can't plan around, but your focus becomes different. I was at a point about 8 months into this WOE where all I ate was canned fish because I couldn't be bothered with anything else. I had no interest at all. Eventually, that turned around and my interest returned.

Even with ketosis, if you listen carefully you can hear a tiny little voice in your stomach sayin "feed me!" It's not the screaming and demanding hunger that came from insulin spikes and your brain telling you to eat more carbs. It's subtle and dignified.

You don't need to eat a huge volume of food to keep your calories up. Just make sure you're eating enough fat.

Karen
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 13:27

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

All I can offer is hang in there.

I barely think about food anymore. I go grocery shopping once a week or sometimes every other week...fill the pantry and freezer with allowed foods and not worry about it.

I never know in the morning what I am having for dinner, I just know that somewhere in the kitchen there are ingredients needing to be thrown together to make something. I do not plan meals in advance like I use to when I first started this plan. It's now a reflex like it was before I started dieting. It's more like hrm...what do I feel like having today?

It does get easier, once you get use to the allowable foods. Even going out to eat has gotten to be a no brainer for me, I don't even second think about asking no potato or rice please.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 13:36

Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

I can relate to this too.

I went through a phase of just not wanting to eat...but now I've moved on. Food is just fuel to me now. I seldom crave anything, and I know what combination of fuel makes my engine the most efficient.

When DH asks "what do I feel like for tea?"...the answer is always ...I don't care you choose.........becasue I truly don't care

thankfully he has LC prep down pat

Lesley
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 14:30

Plan: Rich's New Diet
Stats: 532/395/300 Male 6"6"
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default A Question For Karen?

HI Karen. First off I would like to say I think your doing a Great Job on your weight loss. I just wanted to see if you could help me. Today was the 19th day on the Low Carb Diet. After the first 9 days I weighed myself and lost 20 pounds. I went today to weigh myself again after 19 days and I didn't lose anything. I 've been staying under 20 grams a day, but I hit a Plato. Does that sound right that someone would have a Stall in thier Weight Loss that early in the Program? Any Info you can give me will really be Appreciated. Thanks.

Richard
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-13-02, 10:52

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Richard, normally a stall is going 4 or more weeks without a change in weight or measurements. Your body is probably just taking a breather.

Hang in there, and be patient with your body. It was patient with you while you added the weight, at least give it a chance to help you burn it back off.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-13-02, 11:10
Registered Member

Stats: 238/190/155 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 58%
Default Always tired But never of eating

Hi Happy,
Judging from the look of your post, I would guess that you are a "visual" person. If so it would make sense that the taste of food would matter less than a beautiful arrangement on your plate. You might start looking at food as a pallette and create your own masterpieces. Ever seen those Kraft salad dressing commercials? Just a thought...

As far as appetite goes. Dr Atkins says that there are times when you are just not hungry. His advice is to just pop a few macadamia nuts to go with your vitamins and wait for the hunger to return.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Mar-13-02, 12:07

Stats: 223/209/200 Male 73 in
BF:
Progress: 61%
Default tread carefully with caution

If you really want to feel hungry, pop a few raging lunatic pills (better known as jelly beans) and call me in the morning.

Actually, I do think there may be a place for fast sugars, and definitely chocolate, to start a roaring fire every once in a while. But, this is the path many have taken and lost their way. Finding yourself back in tip-top weight plus a few pounds is not what you want. For the adventurer, though, a challenge. Can you use the chocolate (which is known to speed metabolism) or sugar to make yourself feel hungry, yet not allow it to send you into a spiral shaped binge?

I know there have been folks that report stall breaking results by the induction of carbs (mostly I've seen it in relation to chocolate containing carbs).

Back to the point, though, this disinterest in food is just a phase, but a good indicator that you could use a change in level or variety. Even Doc Atkins says you may want to take a break for a short period, and increase carbs modestly (say 25 to 30 rather than 20) to give you more variety of vegie and other carbs. Hey, and nobody says you gotta eat the whole apple, banana, bunch of grapes. During this period, I went through about 5 days where I ate 6 to 8 grapes (6 to 8 carbs) a day. This was extremely pleasing. I would split a banana 70-30 with my daughter once in a while. With my 30, I sliced a 1/8 inch sliver off every 2 or 3 minutes. I viewed it as a feast. Other days I ate a whole pigful of macadamias and almonds.

For the purist, just go ahead and skip the meal, as colinjn says.