Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-05, 08:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/150/130 Female 5-0
BF:?
Progress: 73%
Unhappy I just started yesterday

I was feeling kind of yuke before the afternoon wore off .I did follow my plan of eating only protien I was wondering if I felt this way because of sugar withdrawl ??Excuse my terrible spelling
BREAKFAST was a cauliflower /fritta w/2 eggs /coffee
Lunch was 3 thick slices of a roasted turkey breast about 5 ounces ,I bought it was seasoned with crushed black pepper .Small salad ,1 cup tea
Dinner was just chicken baked and with hot sauce 1 cup tea
and maybe 3 bottles water Im having trouble drinking more
Well anyway this morning I was 3 pounds lighter and I know it was from water loss as I ran many times to the john .Im started and hopefully I stay focused .
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-05, 08:57

Plan: Atkins/keto
Stats: 246/237.6/118 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 7%
Smile

A lot of people refer to the feeling of carb withdrawel the first week as induction flu, that is what it can feel like. You can be tired, have joints that hurt, headaches, and so on. Make sure you take your suppliments, drink plenty of water and get plenty of rest as well. You will feel better soon and start to enjoy the energy enjoyed by low carbers. Welcome to low carb and the board !!! Stephie
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-05, 09:07

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

Hi Verna - welcome - a couple of comments - where is your salad and green veggies - they are very important. Try to drink more water as well, I know its tough for some, but water is very important.

Vikki
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-05, 09:20
Registered Member

Hello Vicki
Yesterday I was vey lacked on green salad and vegetables today Im more focused on eating more greens and of course water .I am making chicken soup today I love the broth and plain boiled chicken Im going to add some fresh spinach
to it as well as chopped chicken tomorow I will add fresh sliced mushrooms to the broth

Last edited by vernalisa : Wed, Feb-02-05 at 14:58.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-05, 09:51
Registered Member

Talking Below is my goal image

I always wanted to be a Vegas Showgirl and this is my last chance A little humor here I hope its ok

#6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-05, 09:54

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

Glad you're eating your greens -- humour is essential, for everything in life! Let us all know how you're doing

Vikki
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-05, 10:18

Stats: 178/170.6/126 Female 5'5'' inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hang in there you! I had some terrible headaches the 1st week. Be sure to read all your labels. For example, make sure your hot sauce doesn't have any sugar in it & that sort of thing. I don't know if youhave all the detailed info on Induction but here is a link to the Atkins website you might find helpful.
http://atkins.com/Archive/2001/12/15-464579.html

I'm only 2 weeks in now. I definately had some withdrawals. It will pass. Probably in the 2nd week. Hang in there & try drinking a glass of water before & after each meal. Don't sip it, just chug-a-lug til it's gone. Can't underestimate the importance of drinking that water, your goal is 8 in a day. I know it's hard, I can't seem to make it past 7 lol! Good luck & hang in there, you can do it!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-05, 15:02
Registered Member

Loveme thank you for the link
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-05, 20:24

Plan: atkins
Stats: 258.5/219/199 Female 64 inches?
BF:
Progress: 66%

im going throgh MAJOR caffeine withdrawls and my head is killing me. im 3 days off of caffeine and it sucks. im sure it will get better soon though
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-05, 21:20

Stats: 225/162/149 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 83%

I did a clean induction TOO good (like 900 calories and 14 carbs). Was gettting too little of everthing.. . Only lost when I started adding good fats and calories. You still need enough calories and nutriets that your body doesn't revolt and stand still. For a goal of 130 you need 1,300 calories a day with them coming from 70% fat, 25% protien, and 5% carbs. Fitday.com will help, it is free and you set up an account and enter all foods for the day, it will help you keep track...
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-05, 22:18

Stats: 233/201/190 Female 5 feet 11 inches
BF:waytoomuch
Progress: 74%
Default caffeine

Just my 2 cents to AmandaLynn:

How come you quit caffeine?
I have been very succesfull over the past 3 months without giving up my morning 2 cups of coffee and my one cup in the afternoon. I have read many a posts on here that others say this has not stalled them either. Just a heads up in case you are REALLY missing it.........moderation is the key. This WOL should never be painful.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-05, 22:55
Dog is my copilot

Plan: paleo/lowcarb
Stats: 210/162/145 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaLynn
im going throgh MAJOR caffeine withdrawls and my head is killing me. im 3 days off of caffeine and it sucks. im sure it will get better soon though

I used to drink coffee and went off it without headaches by switching to green tea for a few weeks before quitting caffeine completely. I don't know why the caffiene in green tea works differently than the stuff in coffee but it seems to. I started drinking green tea again a couple months ago though, because I believe its benefits outweigh any drawbacks.

Wyv
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-05, 12:02

BF:

it stalls me bad. so i figure that its not a good idea. plus i am dedicating myself to a clean induction like dr atkins says to. i figure that im worth it.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-05, 12:06

BF:

plus i cant drink coffe without lots of cream and sweatner. i meant giving up my diet dr pepper
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-05, 12:14

Stats: 220/198/185 Male 73 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%

Caffine makes me crave sweets!!!!! This is my fourth day of induction and I feel a little bit better today. The past 3 days I have have been VERY lethargic, had a TERIBLE headache, and seem to have a quilt thrown over my brain. I gave up EVERYTHING bad for me but salt. That includes artificial sweeteners. This severly sucks but dammit I am going to get through it if it kills me.