Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  Mike's Story

View Article Article tools
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 20:31
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 321.5/205.5/175
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default After Pics for my post

Hopefully my after pic will follow : )

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg after.jpg (57.0 KB, 2039 views)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 20:33
Registered Member

BF:
Default Here is before pic again if it didn't hit above

Before Pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before.jpg (51.3 KB, 1654 views)
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 15:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/182/161
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default great going mate, well done!

You don't need to be a super star to inspire people. Great story!
Cheers Kev
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 15:55
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Way to go Mike!

I like your 10 rules, my favourite is #8 which I repeat quite often in different words.

I'd like to add your story and pics to our Stories web page. Is that o.k. with you?

Wa'il
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 17:22

Stats: 200/160/150
BF:
Progress: 80%

I am so impressed by your determination and your HARD work. I am so happy that you have learned to love and respect yourself. Thank you so much for your story, I don't think I will forget it anytime soon.

Jess
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 01:12
Registered Member

Stats: 195/195/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile

What a story Mike...You have given so much encouragement with your story. Keep on going you sound like you have it down pat. The only thing with me is get enough energy to want to excercise. I do not have anyone pushing me into that direction but I will for sure push myself now, starting tomorrow when I have to get up with my little boy for school instead of going back to sleep for an hour I will excercise. Thank you and I will definately use your ten rules

Pearl
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 05:10
Pending Member

Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Smile Thank you

Mike , your story was very inspiring and I love your 10 rules. I am copying them for my brother and sister.
Donna
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-02, 15:04

Stats: 322/315/210
BF:
Progress: 6%
Thumbs up Thank you!!!!!!

Today I found this site. I posted a message asking for help on my introduction.

I think I've found it.

I am so inspired after reading your story that I started to cry. (This is not good since I'm at work ).

I think we all know what it takes to be healthier and happier, but for anyone who's ever lost weight, you know that it takes something from inside yourself to give you that push to get started.

I've been overweight my entire life. I've successfully lost weight and have regained so many times, I can't remember them all.

I'm at an all time high and have had a recent weight gain of about 20lbs due to holidays/quiting smoking, etc. I am supposed to get married in 3 months, but I'm affraid I wont fit in my dress.

I've been waiting for the motivation to just come to me, but today after reading your sucess story, I feel that motivation creeping up on me.

It's so great to hear that you have suceeded!! I hope I can enjoy that sucess someday!

Good luck in the future, it looks like it's going to be a great one!

-Shannon
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-02, 20:20
Pending Member

Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Welcome and congratulation

Welcome Shannonlee to the forumn and congratulation on your forth coming wedding. You have come to the right place to find encouragement and support. I started in Jan. and these have been here for me all the way. I look forward to each day knowing that I am not alone in this battle for weight control.. I know you will find them as helpful to you. Have you started your journel? It really does help because you can record your food and other can help.
Well welcome again and I look forward in reading about your success in the near future.
Donna
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 11:48

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

wow, Mike--great story and well-told. And you look marvelous! I like your attitude, from top to bottom. Your rules are excellent as well (yea to real food!)

How's your friend, the one from the beginning of the story? Has he tried LC now that he's seen your success with it? I'm sure you've inspired others who you don't even know you've affected.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-02, 12:20

Plan: Low Carb Whatever?
Stats: 263/230/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 24%

I just wanted to say that; YOU LOOK GREAT! I was really touched and impressed by your determination. Something I am dealing with as well.. so your story meant a lot to me, as I am sure it has to many others.. thanks for posting it. I am also curious about your friend, and can't wait to hear the continuation..... Sandi
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 23:19
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 155/155/150
BF:
Progress:
Default wow

very well articulated, mike. ever think of taking up some sort of writing because that was quite poignant. I don't think I've ever used that word in real life. lol. anyhow, looks like a great life change and I wish all of you here, success. Also, dont measure yourself so harshly on your looks, as its obvious your hearts will always 'outweigh' any other so-called flaw. Seems like a great group of ppl here. Hang in there guys, you can do it.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 07:50
Registered Member

Stats: -/-/- Female 5ft.2in.
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default mike's story

Wow!!!!!i am totally inspired, i started the same diet yesterday and i really needed encouragment, you seeem like a wonderful person, i am thrilled for your success, weigh to go!!!!!!!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 17:02

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 278/270/220
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default Off the charts man

Your story and inspiration message are off the charts buddy. WAY TO GO!!! The house next door to me is for sale, and I hope someone like you moves in.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-02, 10:35

Stats: 150/148/140
BF:
Progress: 20%

Wow, Mike! Thanks for your story. You look great!! I have printed out your rules to keep on my frig. You are such an inspiration. I too am curious about your friend.
  #16   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 19:44
Registered Member

BF:
Smile Replies to all and Thanks

tracys - Thanks so much for your kind words. My friend Lee is still grossy obese, and grows more so everyday regardless of my good-natured attempts to get him to cross the low carb chasm. I hope he will do something (anything) before it's too late.

AlanRhoads - Thanks, I appreciate it. Just because I manage a diet well doesn't mean I make house values rise

hj'smom -I have no doubt you an do it if you stick to it. Good Luck! Remember the bes way to get encouragement is to give it, and you have!

marcus - Thank you for the bit about the writing. I am an amateur fiction writer and am currently finishing up my second audio book for TimeFare productions (I read them so you can listen). All of my hobbies besides Tae Kwon Do are sit downs. . .so if I can do this, anyone can. Good Fortunes.

Sadai - Thank you for buffing up my ego with your compliments. I think we all deal with issues (some being more niche-like than others) as more info becomes available on Lee I will post it.

razzle - Thank you for the rules comments. The rules were just something I wanted to put together for people to use as a guide if they were just starting out. I tried protein dieting for several years before this last attempt finally paid off. Just a helpful hint or two. As for Lee. . .only time will tell but he is bitter about my success more than overjoyed. It's an unfortunate thing to have a frien envy you.

shannonlee - With determination and hope you can do anything. It's not the dress that is going to matter, but whether or not you can fit into yourself. I can tell by your writing that you are especially nice. . .but when you face the weight monster it is better t be a raging beast : ). I've been overweight all my life as well, it' a tough battle and there will be times when everything seems lost. . .don't ever give in. Find your hope and run with it.

donnaj - tell your brother and sister that its funner to make rules than to follow them, and wish them my luck. Adventure are better when shared.

Pearl - Do not use me as motivation...use yourself. You have the strength to do whatever you wish to do. Regardless of what it is you feel you need to do, do it. Exercise hard but don't be too hard on yourself. Remember this as well - just when you think you have it down pat, the world will try to show you that you don't. : )

Crazy Curly - Thanks. It was a lot of harwork, and the future is harder and more uncertain to face. I've spent so much of my life trying to reduce back to a normal weight, that now that I'm so close I don't knowwhat to do (and no, I won't become the dread pirate roberts : ) ) Thanks again.

Tamarian - You have always been my inspiration on this board. Thanks for everything.

Kev wain - I don't need to inspire others as much as I need to inspire myself. Inspiring others on the short term is easy, making it last is much more difficult. If losing all the weight again would help people even more, I'd do it again. NEVERMIND. I lied. It's a tough road.
Sponsored Links