Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 02:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 128/122/112
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Stalling (any tips?)

Hi

After last weekend's dietary disaster, I have been on Induction for what is now my third week. However, I have failed to get into ketosis almost entirely. I was in ketosis for a few hours yesterday and then came back out again. I have kept very strictly to the Induction rules and am at a loss as to why this is happening.

Can anyone shed any light...?

I seem to have regained what I had initially lost and dont understand why.

Daschnook
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 05:38

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 143/131/121
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Me too!

Hi, Daschnook,

Join the club! I've stalled for a month now and gained the wieght back.

But from Tuesday I started following a strict diet (went back to basics) and already lost 1.5lbs. You can see the group journal started by Misselly. The idea is to watch calories as well as carbs and completely cut out dairy (cheese, cream, milk). For me to watch calories would be cutting on nuts, cause I eat way too much of them. Interesting thing is that my cravings for legal stuff have gone. I'll see how it goes.

I was picking in other people's journal, and personally think that Demi's is worth checking out. Her menus are superb and she's doing really well. For example instead of double/whipping cream she's using creme fraiche which is much lower in calories. I think at the beginning after having read that you don't need to count calories at all, I went slightly overboard and was indulging in cream, nuts, cheeses a lot. If we try to keep things in balance it will work. I've discorvered fat could be addictive too. Saying that I don't mean that you should go low-fat either. Balanced approach is a better way of putting it.

And try to avoid any processed and artificial food just for a week and see how it goes.

Atkins Centre website has been revamped, there are useful tips there on how to get out of stalls
http://atkinscenter.com/dev/helpatk...qs/faqslow.html

Good luck! Please don't give up it's definitely working!

I just remembered, someone posted this link on this forum, which you might find interesting
http://www.eporkchop.com/blubber/plateau.htm

Last edited by Ella : Fri, Mar-01-02 at 06:34.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 16:50
Registered Member

BF:

Hiya

Thanks for the response.

Thankfully, I am back in ketosis again now which makes me feel psychologically better.

I am definitely going to cut down on the fats for a while and see how that goes and whether that helps - thanks for that tip. There is a tendency to read the book as if it is a free pass to eat as much as you like as long as it is the right foods.
I must admit however, that my appetite has decreased tremendously due to the fact that I dont much like what I am eating...however, I am totally at war with my body and completely determined to get the shape and size I want and so I will do what I have to do to get there.

Thanks for the support

Gratefully yours

Daschnook
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 05:47

Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Thumbs up Great Tips on Stalling

Doreen put a lot of thought in this. Very informative.
What to do when you stall . Check it out.

Take care.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 06:17
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Fiona

Yup - I read the tips on stalling, etc and am considering it all very carefully.

My scales are at the same place as they were when I first started Induction but I have been doing different things at the gym (not necessarily more)...

Ketosis is back too

I guess I just want to see that dial go backwards...forwards is a NO-NO for me.

Hugs

Debi

Ill be giving it a little while longer to see what happens and then I will have to consider the Fat Fast Diet for a while.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 06:24

Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%