Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 20:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/151/120
BF:
Progress: 58%
Smile Sugar free chocolate in Toronto

It's funny. Before I started LC'ing, I wasn't a real chocaholic, but now that my "treats" are limited to nuts and pork rinds I find that a nibble of chocolate goes a long way towards satisfying cravings and holding off binges. (I'm aware though that for some it's the other way.)

However, I have had a tough time finding sugar free chocolatee in Canada and have paid US$ and shipping in the past so I thought I'd share my recent findings:

Walmart now carries Sorbee's Dark, Milk and Milk Chocolate with Peanuts, as well as pouches of individually wrapped Russell Stover chocolates. They also have a chocolate syrup sweetened with Splenda at only 5 g for 2 tbsp. The Sorbee's and syrup are in the Pharmacy section.

The General Store at Promenade Mall (Thornhill) has a wide variety of chocolates (Ross, yum!, Woody's and others) and hard candy. Other locations may carry them as well. They were pricer than ordering from Torontodirect.com but when you don't want to wait...

And when you're at the airport, being tempted since no airline serves food anymore, the variety/news store (at terminal 2 at least) carries Woody's and a few other sugar free chocolate. Personally I love the Orange Hazelnut variety.

Anyone else have any luck or tasty treats to report in Ontario?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-22-02, 19:19

Stats: 182/180/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default low carb chocolate

Check out health food stores for PURE DELIGHT CHOCOLATE BARS
the dark chocolate has 1.1 carb in a bar and is excellent. Picked it up at The Horn of Plenty in Dundas, Ontario near Hamilton.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-05, 17:52

Plan: South Beach/Atkins diet
Stats: 235/228/160 Female 5"9
BF:
Progress:

Hey also is pork rinds good for cravings???
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-05, 18:09
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

I find that a couple of PharmaPlus stores I have been to carry a pretty good selection. They are not with the other chocolates though so you have to go looking for them.

Also, St Lawrence market has a store where they carry SF Asher's chocolates in bulk. THey are good!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-05, 18:31

Stats: 140/125/125 Female 5 2
BF:33/25/20
Progress: 100%

I love Ross chocolate brand. Belgian chocolate and tastes terrific (and cheaper than Pure Delight and best of all, made in Canada (Ross used to manufacturer Pure Delight, years ago).