Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 08:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/108/110 Female 64 inches
BF:33%/25%/22%
Progress: 104%

Hey Krissi

I think Andrea meant well, absolutely, but I think that you probably know yourself better than anyone else does...I have a tiny frame too and so my goal weight is lighter than a lot of other people who are as tall as I am.

We just know when weight gain isn't right on us...and it is good you are not aiming for 87 lbs again (some things we just have to accept about growing older! I used to be ~105 in my younger years; not trying for that nowadays).

About the alcohol: it just switches off fat-burning temporarily, so it does slow weight loss. Technically, your DH should start induction again, but if he doesn't, it's no biggie. The alcohol was an indulgence, right? Not an everyday thing. Better that he LC even imperfectly than go back to eating willy-nilly, right?

I am a fan of the make-ahead, freeze-in-portions way of doing things. That way you would only have to make breakfast "fresh." Although plenty of folks on this board make mini-"quiches" with eggs in muffin tins and freeze them...easy to heat up in the AM. A mini-quiche or two, some bacon in the microwave...breakfast! And then the other two meals can be made ahead.

You are very nice to take on the burden of cooking for your family...don't let their slip-ups burden you further. Hang in there...

Lucy
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 09:59

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

There isn't a chance in *** that I'd do all that cooking. I know everyone has different schedules, but can't they help out a bit - this is benefiting the whole family. Why don't you batch cook, have chicken, patties, roast, etc. all cooked, bagged and in the fridge for easy access. Breakfast doesn't have to be "freshly made" - hard boiled eggs, some cheese - how about making a frittata, you can freeze it in pieces, ready to "nuke" in the morning = that's what I do. This plan is extremely easy, it should not be a hassle in the least, you don't have to weigh and measure like other plans, you have to enjoy and reap the benefits - have some avocados on hand, some cheese and a tupperware of freshly washed lettuce to make a salad any time - I hope this helps you out - others have made the same suggestions too - you can do it, just relax and enjoy.

Vikki
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 10:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

i am sorry your life is so hard. i mean, after all, having a husband and children to cook for is just about the worst that could happen to someone. how do you do it?

sometimes you have to look at things from a different perspective to realize how blessed you truly are.
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 10:40
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Also, men have metabolisms that are so much more forgiving than women's. They can get away with stuff we can only dream of! I'd hate them if they weren't so darned cute.
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 15:07
LC Bridezilla

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 122/99/105 Female 62 inches
BF:Who/Cares
Progress: 135%

To Sjkling:

ACTUALLY my life is very hard and the worst thing that could happen to a mother has already happened to me. My oldest daughter was killed in a car crash 1 1/2 years ago. She was 17.

That's three negative posts towards me and I've only been here for about 4 days. When I tried to defend myself the actual offenders had the nerve to get upset. Hypocrites. I AM TOTALLY DONE HERE! Thought I'd give it one more chance since so many of you have been so nice. But no more...the bad's outweighing the good here and I can't deal with this.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 15:28
The Spandex Killer

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 206.2/206.2/145 Female 5'9.5
BF:

You really ought to stick around and give the site more of a try. Three posts can't outweigh all the great things here. Seriously.

Lots of great people here, lots of great info.
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 15:48

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2

I agree, there is a lot of help and support here -- people are just trying to help, that's all. You talked about how hectic things are for you and folks were trying to give you ideas on how to calm things down, nothing negative was meant at all I'm sure.

VIkki
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 16:05

Plan: Animal-based/IF
Stats: 252/215.6/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 30%

I find low-carb cooking is a lot easier than I thought it would be. I work full-time and commute to work by bus so I'm gone from 7 am to 5 pm every day. I make breakfast once for everyone and place on their own individual plates so they can warm in microwave when they are ready to eat. I prepare everyone's lunches the night before either from scratch or leftovers. Supper is usually some meat, sausages or fish which I throw into the oven, season, add onion, garlic or whatever and it bakes by itself. A green salad and/or cooked veggies takes almost no time at all. Elaborate meals I leave for weekends. Hang in there and in no time it will all come naturally as breathing. It just seems overwhelming at first. And don't sweat the small stuff as in your hubby taking a drink. He's an adult and responsible for his own choices.
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 16:51
library diva

Stats: 242/156.5/130 Female 5'4"
BF:way/too/high
Progress: 76%

I also usually have 1 or 2 "fend for yourself" evenings. My husband and I will each just eat whatever we feel like (obviously for me in plan!) that we have at home. Takes some of the pressure off.
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 17:07
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryssiMc
That's three negative posts towards me and I've only been here for about 4 days. When I tried to defend myself the actual offenders had the nerve to get upset. Hypocrites. I AM TOTALLY DONE HERE! Thought I'd give it one more chance since so many of you have been so nice. But no more...the bad's outweighing the good here and I can't deal with this.

Hi Kryssi,

First of all, I'd like to point out to you that when people on this site mention a goal weight that they think looks a bit too low, it is usually out of concern for the member, because unfortunately people with eating disorders tend to seek out weight loss forums such as these. And as eating disorders can be deadly, we do our best to try to keep members from setting unrealistic goal weights.
Please note I am not accusing you of having an eating disorder, I am simply explaining why (I assume) people are concerned for you.
I am sorry you feel you are not receiving support in this matter.

At this point, I'd like to also point everyone here to the forum rules. Remember we are here to support each other. No personal insults please!

Rosebud
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 21:33
LC Bridezilla

Rosebud,

In looking back, I still sense some hostility in those posts. Maybe it's the fact that it's typed and there's no expression to go with it. Either way, my doctor and I set my goal together as I am hypoglycemic and was afraid to start ANY diet or lifestyle change.

I apologize to anyone I might have offended with my remarks and have decided to continue on with Atkins and using these boards to find and offer support.

Thanks for your words of wisdom. I am listening.

Kryssi
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 21:41

Plan: low Carb..sim to atkins
Stats: 200/155/145 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 82%

Kryssi, if you are hypoglycemic this wol will be wonderful for you. You won't believe how much easier it is to control and how much better you are gonna feel. My bf is hypoglycemic and he feels so much better now.

Last edited by mickster : Mon, Jan-17-05 at 22:44.
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 21:47

Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

you are not alone in your sadness and i was not trying to contribute any more pain. i was simply suggesting a redirection of your thoughts. instead of thinking of how rough it is, think of how wonderful it is to have someone to take care of. that is a reminder i must make to myself many times. we often get caught up with our gripes, worries, and complaints. step back and take another look at what we're complaining about. maybe my reminder wasn't gentle enough, but it's intent was sincere. maybe it seemed harsh and and for that i would say that i am sorry. sometimes i get angry with people close to me when they try to remind me of the many blessings that i often overlook, but that kind of reminder is often just what i need.
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 21:48
LC Bridezilla

Mickster,

I gotta tell you, after only 5 days I'm feeling a difference already. I usually have trouble sleeping and last night was my 2nd night in a row falling asleep easily and staying asleep all night! If it gets better than this, I'm way ahead of the game.

Kryssi
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 22:34
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

One thing to keep in mind is that we do get people coming to these boards that do have distorted body images. They're perfectly thin trying to get even skinnier, after awhile you can kind of tell what's going on, but it takes awhile.

We can't really tell from your stats. We aren't hostile to them, but we do try to discourage them from trying to diet.

Good luck to you. Sounds like the diet is agreeing with you!