Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 20:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/186/170 Female 5 foot
BF:
Progress: 52%
Talking New member

I have been on Atkin's since Jan.1/02 and have lost 24 lbs. I weighed 192 when I started. I have been staying on the induction and feel great. Nothing has kept me so interested in losing weight before like the Atkin's Diet has. My brother started the same time as I did and he has lost 25 lbs. I have 26 lbs. to go. I hope that these forums will give me the incentive to keep going.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 20:21

Plan: Somersize/Atkins
Stats: 176/168/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Keep up the good work!

Good job!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 20:50

Plan: PPLP (Intervention) Dilettante
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking Welcome!

Welcome to the best low carb resource in town! Keep up the good work, you are doing great!

See ya around the boards!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 23:18
Registered Member

Plan: carb-depletion (Bodybuilding)
Stats: 180/192/190
BF:
Progress: 120%
Default I hope to illucidate

Did you ever check your bodyfat? Do it in water both before and after, tell me if it went down. I wan't you to know that losing more than 2 pounds per week is not healthy. In fact, staying on this diet is not healthy. When you're ready to quit, you need to make sure to slowly add back in carbs, but not the sugary ones. Make sure you exercise to increase your LBM, and eat a more rounded diet of approximately 60% carbs, 20% proteins and fats. I have ten references proving that this is better for you for every one these moderators claim to have.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 07:15

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Well done Tinkerbell

Atkins is great to be on and your're in the right place for encouragement. Your weight loss so far is great and you must be really pleased. It is good that you can turn to your brother for encouragement also.

Keep up the good work!!

Little Anne
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 10:17
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

It seems our "friend" Iknowall is back to give more fuel to our fire. Please disregard anything they say, after all, they have only made 2 posts, but I certainly remember the first one and the trouble it caused.

A real recommendation for percentages is 70 % fat, 25 % protein, and 5% carbs.

No one here has had any proof of the information Iknowall claims, and we will never get it it seems.

As far as wanting to leave this way of life? You have got to be kidding. You won't feel sleepy after lunch anymore, and you'll have more energy. As you go up levels in your OWL you'll eat more green vegetables than you ever did in your life before and you'll be healthy.

If you want to test your body fat percentage, you can get Protein Power from the library and use their calculations based on your measurements.

The first weight you loose the first week or so is mostly water, and if you've been losing 2 pounds a week after that, it is fine. Some weeks may be more, but other weeks will be less to make up for it. Also, the weeks that you don't lose but are following the program you are losing inches.

I would like to see the references Iknowall claims to have. I wonder if one of them is that computer generated one where they programmed the computer with the results they wanted to see?

Elihnig
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 11:42

Plan: Atkins/PP
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Let's see 'em

Funny how IKnowAll claims to have references and yet never produces them. S/he also runs and hides when presented with facts.

Here's a link to the last thread from IKnowAll:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=33250

Allison

Last edited by allisonm : Tue, Feb-26-02 at 11:53.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 14:08

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

What exactly is carb-depletion (Bodybuilding). If low carb diets are so bad for us, why has "iknowall" been on a LC diet for 5 years now according to s/he profile?

You can walk the walk and talk the talk, but unless you come up with some scientific data and REAL medical research to back up your claims, then it's all just bullsh*t.

I think iknowall is some person that is trying scare tactics on newbies in order to get their jollies, by upsetting people.

Just an FYI....

It's elucidate. If you are going to use 25 dollar words at least look them up first

Last edited by agonycat : Tue, Feb-26-02 at 14:46.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 19:47

Plan: PPLP (Intervention) Dilettante
BF:
Progress: 0%
Red face Sheesh!

I'm embarrassed for "iknowall" and I honestly can't be bothered to respond to a thread that s/he has been too. I just had to pop in here and tell Agonycat that I love the barb at the end of your post! Beee-yoo-tiful!!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 20:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

The Chief Cardiologist at the local hospital uses Atkins as his personal diet. His wife told me that it is the only one that ever worked for him and his "numbers" all came way down when he went on it. The ironic thing is, when I ask her if he prescibes it for his patients, she said, "No, he has to give them the Heart Healthy diet". And then she smiled.

Isn't it sad that doctors are required to use the American Heart Assoc diet even though they know what really works. It's all because our society is so quick to sue if anything would go wrong even it it due to a pre-existing condition. I don't always use the "do as I say, not what I do" theory. In this case, I will follow his lead and do what he does.