Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-02, 02:40
Registered Member

Plan: None right now
Stats: 150/144/130 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 30%
Unhappy I HAVE A CONFESSION TO MAKE...

Well, Ferdinand, I broke the diet too. I actually got off it for two days, rather on purpose though.

I suffer from insomnia and last Wednesday was a very BAD day for me, after taking a tranquilizer I went to sleep at a time when most people are taking their morning break. As a result, I woke up when the sun was going down, which made me feel very depressed, instead of making progress I was having a setback. I haven't been able to work for almost 2 years thanks in part to that. Wednesday is my weigh-in day, and last week I avoided it as I could tell I had not lost anything, not even a fraction of an inch. I've been on a stall for several weeks. The ironic thing is that I really didn't start out on Induction (I was so busy just trying to stay sugar free) yet lost 5 lbs. the first week. The minute cut back to follow Induction, my loss slowed down and I lost 2lb. in the next to weeks and then nothing. I'm hypothyroid and I read that eating too LC slows the metabolism even more, so I decided to add a few more carbs but then found I'd gained back 2 lbs.! I was so I went and had a light beer and orange flavored dark chocolate that night.

I justified myself with the thought that I had to boost my brain's level of serotonin so I could snap out of the funk long enough to do some rational thinking. It worked, I decided to come to the forums and read about other people like me, and felt better after a while and determined not to quit, just to take the next day "off". Yesterday I went back to LC without any trouble. I even resisted rice and beans which a friend I was visiting offered to me very insistently, I politely yet very firmly declined and said I'd be glad to eat the salad; later I had an Atkins shake I'd brought with me.

Maybe it's true I have "little" to lose but I've been trying to get back to a more normal weight for me for 6 years without any success. Back in '97 i got down to 127 for a short while, since then the lowest I've been was 131 last year, couldn't stay on LC and gained it all back. I began feeling just like you that I would never be thin again. For a person who used to be UNDERWEIGHT as a teenager and actually had to struggle to KEEP a weight gain as a young adult, it just doesn't feel natural to be "chunky". And everytime I read stories of people losing 100 lbs. or more I felt like a complete failure because I couldn't even lose 20. I began to understand how the really heavy feel and greatly admire anyone who's had the courage to stick to a long-term weightloss plan in order to reach goal.

This year I know I will eventually reach goal because I'm doing this to be healthier too (my b/p, tryglycerides, cholesterol, and glucose were climbing) not just to look better and all I ask is that I get there by my next birthday in Sept.

Now, about you burping the tomato and grain bread, that is because grains and tomatoes are not a really good combination, especially for the sensitive. I've had that problem on an off, in fact grains were giving me quite a bit of trouble.

Make sure you eat enough protein, did you have any with your salad? You should do fine with most kinds of fish and chicken I think, and if you don't get indigestion when eating red meat, go ahead and eat it a couple of times a week.

Well, let's try to be really good this weekend, OK? Bye now!
Sponsored Links