Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#286   ^
Old Tue, Dec-21-04, 08:07

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/236/110 Female 63"
BF:way too much!
Progress: 21%

Gosh, there are sooo many! But here's some good ones, lol!

Clothes: So ugly, and then realizing that I'm almost too big on the bottom for Walmart's plus size section! Oh man, where do I go from here?! The specialty shops are so expensive!

I really hate wondering if those fold-up and plastic chairs at friends' houses are going to break under me...plus regular chairs that squeak under my weight. For some reason this really irks me!

The physical pains of every day life - GERD being the most serious one right now, torn ligaments in left knee and Achilles tendon, having to sleep almost sitting up because of snoring and acid reflux, ugh...too many more ills to mention.

Emotional pain: I recently ended a six year relationship that was destroying every part of me. I'm 39, never been married, and very determined to never make the same mistakes again. I've finally learned from too many failed relationships. It's a shame because I'm always being told, "but you have such a beautiful face and a wonderful personality, you can find someone new!" As far as sex goes, no way. I want to make some progress and then I'll like the way I look again.

I used to weigh about 102lbs before I got pregnant (at age 21) with my now almost 17 year old daughter. Her weight is around 100lbs, and hopefully she will never have a weight problem. From quitting smoking a long time ago and just stress eating and indulgence I got this way. It's hard for me because I feel so bad when I'm hating myself for letting this happen to me. Guilt is one thing I really hate about being fat.
Sponsored Links
  #287   ^
Old Wed, Dec-22-04, 21:47

Plan: My own low-carb rules
Stats: 190/180/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

I hate the cellulite, rolls here and there, and constant fatigue.
  #288   ^
Old Thu, Dec-23-04, 07:46

Plan: Carnivoire
Stats: 373.6/373.6/150.0 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Just started back on atkins monday after a 8 month break where i gained back most of what I had lost. Looking for some motivatin and I found it. You guys are great! I agree with everyhing said on here but my absolute BIGGEST reason I hate being fat....

I force my DH to overcompensate for my lack of self confidence. I expect him to understand what i'm going through even though him being 6' weighing 180 pounds he can't possibly understand. Never believing him when he tells me i'm pretty. Picking fights with him when he says some ordinary comment and I take it wrong (Like when I ask him why he loves me and he says cos you have nice eyes and a nice smile instead of just saying i'm pretty). Not wanting to have sex with him because I dont want him to be nasiated even though he swears he enjoys sex with me and loves me for who i am. Wanting him to think I'm sexy and him always saying "i love you for who you are" (in otherwords i love you but you're not "HOT") and most of all expecting HIM to give me the self confidence I need to make it through each day. I love my DH and I KNOW he loves me, and i'm afraid my lack of self confidence will drive him away, and losing the most important thing in my life (him) would literally kill me.
  #289   ^
Old Thu, Dec-23-04, 07:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/146/130 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 77%

Firstly, do we have to call ourselves fat? Fat is such an ugly word...well its not ugly, but its ugly in the sense of how we use it. I dont think anyone is truly "fat" i just think its just a word that is used to stereotypically define someone or something. SO THERE

Now...i hate being "overweight" for a multitude of reasons, and almost every single one has been said by a member in this post. But the most important reason i hate being overweight is because i know i am not happy because of it. I cant do somethings that i want to do, nor wear somethings i wish to wear. I hate the way people stereotype me and im sure all of you feel similar thoughts. But in someways i like being fat (not 100% sure why tho), it allows me to have a factor to isolate myself or hide away from society. Oh well....once i have reached my goal i dont plan on hiding anymore, i plan on being LOUD! CONFIDENT! HEALTHY! and most importantly HAPPY! Anyone wish to join me in a victory dance when this is all over?
  #290   ^
Old Thu, Dec-23-04, 08:09

Stats: 282/209/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 45%

I wish I saw a victory dance in sight, but I know better than to expect one soon. Even if/when I get rid of all the excess fat, I will always have a hair trigger to put it back. I'm so sensitive to carbs I'll never be able to eat without thinking about it more than once.

#1 reason to lose it: I want a man's arms to fit all the way around me!
  #291   ^
Old Thu, Dec-23-04, 20:43

Stats: 286/286/150 Female 5'5"
BF:

I didn't get divorced to turn into a slob. My son's friends used to say "your mom is hot", now it's my friends saying "your son is hot".lol.
But I just want to be able to buy normal clothes and wear shorts outside!
I don't want to end up with diabetes, high blood pressure or any of the other things that come from being fat. I take pride in the fact that I take no medication, and don't want to have to cause I can't stop eating.
I found that getting up out of the bathtub was a struggle and that scared me.
My back doesn't hurt so bad now, I'm in the smallest "plus size" now and I haven't blown it yet over this holiday carb frenzy I am seeing all around me.
New years is coming and my new kick is going to be pilates nearly every day and a 20-30 minute walk after work.
I've read through numerous replies in this thread dating back to 2001 and am so inspired.
I also believe that this body is a temple from God and it's a sin if I abuse it.
Love, Maureen
  #292   ^
Old Sun, Jan-02-05, 23:18

Plan: PSMF 1/1/5
Stats: 268/228/155 Male 66"
BF:48/39/12
Progress: 35%

I am still reading the entire thread but I have a few...

1. I hate feeling that I need to sport a goutee.

2. I hate seeing that my oldest daughter (9 years old) has many of the bad habits I had as an overweight child. OTOH, I don't whip my daughter with a belt when she makes a bad decision as was the case when I was a child.

3. I hate passing people in the office who look straight ahead as if I am not there. I greet these jackasses a split second after they pass, hopefully it makes them feel like the jackass they are.

4. I travel frequently and I hate eating in the car. Hey jackass, quit looking at what I'm eating and pay attention to the road!

5. I hate mowing the yard, which for the most part is not a big deal with a riding mower. But the blasted machine has no shocks and my fat is jiggling all over the place.

6. I hate driving my wife's Honda Accord, it is so uncomfortable but gets much better mileage than my huge, 3/4 ton 4x4 diesel truck. Just makes sense to drive the car during family outings but I hate it.

7. I hate not being able (not wanting to) ride a motorcycle because I will look like a jelly bowling ball riding a banana. To put the importance of this in perspective, I was riding a lawn mower powered mini-bike when I was 5 years old, and racing moto-x by the time I was 7 years old. It is in my blood.

8. I was laid off after 6 years with the company, I was with the previous company 7 years. The layoff happened when I was at my highest weight. I am re-employed, at firm that includes people that I have worked with in the past; however, I am not happy with the firm. So I hate not having the confidence to start job hunting again. If I was at my normal weight, I would be making cold-calls in a dead market.

I will probably think of more but a lot was covered before me...Dave

Last edited by RDW : Sun, Jan-02-05 at 23:30.
  #293   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-05, 00:17
Registered Member

Plan: Personal plan
Stats: 328/309/160 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%

I hate asking for the extra seatbelt when you get on an airplane.

I hate worrying about breaking a chair when I sit down.

I hate being so tired.

I hate not being able to buy clothes in a store.
  #294   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-05, 08:11

Stats: 257/248.5/125 Female 62 inches
BF:Way too much
Progress: 6%
Default Who is that strange lady in the mirror?

There are a lot of reasons why I want and need to lose 125 lbs. Some are:

I would love to be able to walk easier and be able to up and down the stairs without having to hold on to the bannister for dear life. Problems with arthritis and torn cartilage have me limping for months now.

Lower the high blood pressure without medication.

I would love to look in the mirror and actually recognize the person I see looking back.

I want to be able to wear shoes without looking for double wides.

Well, I have a new digital scale, a new slow cooker for low carb recipes that will be ready to eat when I get home from work, and I just downloaded Fitday program to keep track of everything I put in my mouth. Today I will look for my hand weights so I can tone up my upper body muscles. Weigh in today was 257. YIKES! I should weigh 1/2 of that!.
  #295   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-05, 17:31

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 211/198/135 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldypgmr
1. Fat people are generally isoloated from the mainstream of society.

2. Everything I want to do, I am over the weight limit for the equipment.

3. My butt is ugly. My whole goal is to have a cute little one!

Dee

No. 1 is so true. I live in Towanda. Not too far east of you.
Vandi
  #296   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-05, 18:27
Registered Member

Stats: 200/191/170 Male 67
BF:
Progress: 30%

1)I hate being 'chubby' because i'm at that age (24) when you are very social, and friends offer me all these sugar filled foods and drinks at their social events. Everyone partakes with no problem and I have to say no and they ask why and I tell them what i'm doing and they say, "man its been around a year, your not finished with that diet yet."
2) To combat problem number one, I tell some that i'm border line diabetic and must watch my sugar intake. This is not true.
3)I'm a young guy, is this what I have to look forward for the rest of my life?
  #297   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-05, 19:16
Its5o'clockSOMEWHERE

Plan: Atkins Inductuction
Stats: 292/229.6/175 Female 5'8
BF:I'll Never Tell
Progress: 53%

Wow this is such a motivating thread !

The reasons I hate being FAT

I always have to shop in plus size stores.

Double-chins, double rolls, heck there's alot doubles going on around my body.

Never feeling sexy and never buying anything remotely sexy.

Going to a fast food drive thru ordering for my family, and being looked at like I'm a junkie getting ready to get a good greasy fix in the nearest alley.

Always feeling out of breath whenever I'm playing with the kids.

Worried that I wont live long enough for my precious kids.

Tired of people thinking FAT people are nasty and stinky, because I just so happen to be sweet smelling

K thats just the tip of the iceberg but my kiddos are getting sleepy so I shall return
  #298   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-05, 20:11

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 237/236/165 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%

I have many similar reasons as the rest of the posters here, we are all in the same boat!

Why I hate being Overweight:

-I want to be able to shop for clothes wherever I want and dress however I want. I hate being limited to the "plus" section where the clothing is generally horrid looking! And I want to be able to wear tank tops and skirts and shorts!

-Being fat has put a real damper on my sex life. My boyfriend says he loves me the way I am but I think our sex life would be better if I were more secure about the way I look.

-I want to be able to be able to wear a bathing suit!! I haven't even owned a bathing suit in years. And I live in Rhode Island, the beach is everywhere and I love to swim. But at my current weight I'm just too ashamed.

-I want my feet and knees to stop hurting, the 100 xtra pounds I'm carrying around are doing a real number on my lower body and I feel sore often.

-I used to be an avid horseman. I've ridden horses all my life but now my weight is getting in the way. I can't sit properly on the horse any longer because my legs are too big to wrap around it's barrel like they're supposed to and the extra weight affects my balance. Plus I can only ride horses big enough to be able to carry my weight comfortably and safely.

-And the #1 reason I hate being fat - I'm ashamed of myself. I want to feel proud and strong. I want to be one of those success stories I'm always reading about!!

Last edited by Tally : Mon, Jan-03-05 at 20:18.
  #299   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-05, 21:47
Registered Member

Plan: Personal plan
Stats: 328/309/160 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%
Unhappy I understand that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifly4food
1)I hate being 'chubby' because i'm at that age (24) when you are very social, and friends offer me all these sugar filled foods and drinks at their social events. Everyone partakes with no problem and I have to say no and they ask why and I tell them what i'm doing and they say, "man its been around a year, your not finished with that diet yet."
2) To combat problem number one, I tell some that i'm border line diabetic and must watch my sugar intake. This is not true.
3)I'm a young guy, is this what I have to look forward for the rest of my life?

I understand what you are saying about being offered sugar filled foods. The other night at work, I was offered a sweet dessert from Europe. The Dr. I worked for that night was from Europe. I told him, no thank you when I used to eat whatever he had for us to eat. He asked me what diet was I on and I said, "It's too late in the evening for that sugar. It will keep me up all night." I hate being fat. I had started my diet but couldn't be honest about myself and I felt bad. Sometimes, I feel like telling people...."Hey..I've lost 8 pounds," but I am scared that I may FAIL and in a few months someone may remember that I didn't lose any weight. I guess I will be strong and when I look like I have loss some weight.......maybe someone will notice.
  #300   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-05, 22:07

Stats: 344/344/160 Female 5ft 7in
BF:50.9/50.9/25

1. Always feeling tired
2. Not enjoying time with my husband... WELL....I ENJOY IT... but... you all know where I'm coming from.. LOL
3. Not being able to find cute clothes. All my skinny friends can find all the latest styles at walmart or target...and I'm stuck in grandma clothes... No offense to the older ladies.. I'm 32 and want to dress cute.. LOL
4. The way people look at you when you're at a buffet restaurant... LIKE I COULD EAT ALL OF THE FOOD! LOL
5. Not being able to cuddle up in one of hubby's old sweatshirts...but I will before long! LOL

I should quit here.. LOL That way everyone else will have room to list theirs I may add this on my weight loss website