Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-22-04, 18:38
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%
Default Lose 30-40-50 pounds in 2005

We had such fun (and support) in the lose 50 pounds in 2004 challenge. I thought we'd do it again. This time everyone can pick the amount of weight they want to lose in the year. I hope everyone picks a reasonable goal. I am choosing to shoot for 40 pounds this year.

Everyone is welcome, some of the friends from the 2004 challenge who have met their goals have promised to come back and support us.

I will state my start weigh as soon as Jan 1, 2005 rolls around.

Cheryl
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-22-04, 18:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/146/130 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 77%

Count me in for this challenge However i am only about 20 - 25 pounds away from goal....Is it still okay? I've been really quite naughty this time of year....just too many temptations! But im keen to shed these extra pounds and will state my weight on the 1st of January!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-22-04, 23:41
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Gosh, do I ever need this challenge. I figure I should reach my goal weight within 2005. Hmm, let's see, that is: Between 45-40 pounds I'll need to lose. I hope I can do it!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-23-04, 08:02
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!
Progress: 0%

Of course I am in Cheryl! I will post my weight on January 1 and my goal. I can't wait to be with you guys again for another year of fun and being losers!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-23-04, 10:39

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 225/185/160 Female 5'3
BF:Too/Dayum/Much
Progress: 62%

Hey ya'll.. You didnt think you would be able to get rid of me did you? I am so proud of how well we all did on the 04 challenge. I cant wait to get started on this one. You guys have been my rock!! I also only have about 25 lbs to reach goal, but I have started thinking that maybe I set my goal a little too high. It could be my mental weight, but I feel like I still have A LOT to lose. We'll see. I will also post starting weight on Jan 01, 05.

-Dahlia
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Dec-26-04, 12:09
Living LaVita LoCarb

Yeah.. some of the old group back.

So far it looks like I have the most to lose, so those of you who hit your goals will stay around to support the rest of us throughout the year right?

My main goal this year will be to get below 225 since I haven't weighed that since back in 1991 when I was going to weight watchers. I really want to be close to the 200 mark, but under 225 will be a big event for me.

I'm healthier at the start of this year then I was last year, so that should be on my side. It wouldn't seem like 30 pounds would be that big of a deal to someone my size, but I really do fill physically better than I did at the same time last year whick was about 37 pounds ago. Man... just think if I do it again how I will be feeling this time next year.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Dec-26-04, 13:09

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hey Cheryl, count me in, too.
I plan on hitting my goal weight this comming year of 145lbs. So I will have to lose around 40-45lbs. I will be posting start weight on January 1st. These past few weeks I have done nothing (exercise or diet). I hope I will not be up too high. Got to get back into the groove. Alcohol will be gone forever (or until a major function like B-day or Graduation of DH and stuff). NO more Alcohol, even the littlest bid is able to stall people so I know I will have to cut it out completely.
Cannot wait till 2005!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Dec-26-04, 14:01

Stats: 194/171.8/140 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 41%

I'm in too! I'll weigh myself on Jan 1. I am going to stay away from the scale until then, or at least try my very best too. My goal will be to lose 30 lbs.

All the best to everyone!!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Dec-26-04, 16:16

Stats: 210/155/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 92%

I'd like to join! I have about 30 pounds to my goal but I might like to lose more after that... but I will still make my goal as 30 pounds in 2005.

#10   ^
Old Sun, Dec-26-04, 17:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/178/150 Male 5'9
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default count me in

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this site and lost 50 pnds last year but fell off the loosing streak and gained 25 of it back so my goal is to be back at 140 just like the old daysI have 35-pnds to loose
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Dec-26-04, 17:31
Living LaVita LoCarb

Wow so many takers so far.

Since this year starts on a Saturday, I will start using Saturday morning weigh ins as mine for this year. So here we go...
6 days and counting.

We are getting rid of all the bad stuff in our house today and I am already planning my New Years eve low carb snacks....since we are scrapbooking all night long!!!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Dec-26-04, 20:28

Stats: 252/155/120 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hello

I would like to join your challenge.I'm in the Lose 5 challenge but I think I'm ready to set a long term challenge with a set goal.Lately the weight has been moving so slow.I would like to make it to my 120 goal but the way its been going I don't want to let myself down so I'll try for 30 lbs and if I lose more, than that would be great.

I went to my Moms for Christmas and my little sis who I knew was doing Atkins was there OMG she is so thin.She has lost over 70 lbs she is almost to thin.My Mom says she looks sick.It is the thinnest she has ever been.But she has inspired me to keep
going if she can do it so can I.

I'll post my weight on New Years day

Monica
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Dec-26-04, 21:15
Living LaVita LoCarb

I think this year I will keep the running total for the group. I'll start a little spread sheet, with everyone's name on it. I'll post it here once a month. I've started writting everyone's names down and I will keep track of individual's weight losses and post them.
Golflady did it last year, and I'm sure she will help me again. I'm hoping for our group as a whole to lose 500 pounds so we need at least 20 members... Let's make it fun and we can all benifit from it this time next year.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Dec-26-04, 21:52
Registered Member

Stats: 149/136/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default I'm in!

Please count me in! I have 25 to lose and would love the support! Thanks!
-Nan
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Dec-26-04, 23:21
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

Cheryl (and everyone else)--

I'm in! I'll post my start weight next Saturday, and I plan to lose a minimum of 30 pounds. Okay, really I'd like to lose the entire 100+ I still have, but, being realistic I'll say 30. Plus, I PLAN to meet Cheryl this year!

Jude