Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 17:36

Plan: Eat Food
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Hi!! Been Lurkin'. Decided to join in the fun!

I've been reading posts for a couple of weeks now and decided to be part of the fun! I was on 15 grams/day for 1 year about 3 years ago (Dr. supervised) and lost 100 lbs. I was starting to have pains, which felt like gall stones. Plus, I was just plain tired of this whole thing, and gave up. Gained all the weight back and now I'm back on it again. However, not necessarily 15 grams/day.

When I was on it the first time around, and after I lost most of my poundage, I was very grumpy and extremely hungry ALL the time. I ate whatever I wanted of Meat, Eggs and ate a LOT of Cheese. Didn't count anything but carbs. But, I was still very hungry. I thing I was grumpy because I thought losing weight would change my life (typical trap). But, of course, it did not.

I did not exercise at all, and still the weight came off. I was a long time yo-yo dieter, and experienced stalls, but nothing more than 2 weeks at a time. I was just patient, didn't change a thing, and it came off. It was mostly in 5 pound increments.

This time I'm exercising regularly and making better choices. The last time I ate sausages (Hillshire Farms Hot Links) for lunch nearly every day. This time I'm eating more chicken and fish.

I just came off my first stall, yesterday. My Doctor always told me not to weigh myself, but to use my clothes as the best way to determine if the diet is successful. I can't help myself, though. I'm on the scale every day! Is there a support group for scale addiction????????

Well, I started on 1/1/2 this time. I ate fruit for breakfast and drank milk twice a day for the first two weeks. I've stopped doing that. But when I reach my goal, I will bring those two things back into my diet. But, not go overboard. The last time I quit, I went vegeterian for 6 months, totally convinced that I was suffering from too much meat. Talk about ballooning quickly!!!!!!!!! That will do it!

I'm not counting carbs, because I know what I can and can't eat. But, if I get stalled again, food log will be the first thing I try. I know that works.

Well, that's my ramblings for now. I'm happy to be here. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 18:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 22/22/8
BF:
Progress: 23%
Question

What does vlc stand for?? Is it like atkins? I would like you to write down what you eat just to compare if you dont mind.
Thanks!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 20:22
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
BF:
Progress:

Welcome, and thanks for telling us your story. Very interesting... sounds like you are on track for success. Best wishes
Cheers
H2
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 10:19

Plan: Eat Food
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Thanks for the Welcome!!

Thank you for the welcome!

I'm going to the boot camp/journal area and will put in what I normally eat. VLC is short for Very Low Carbohydrate. The only thing I count is carbs and don't follow a book, so I can't tell you if it's like Atkins. From what I've read on this website it sounds similar.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 14:44
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 145/116/115
BF:
Progress: 97%
Post Welcome!

Hi Heather!
I too am new here and I too hung around reading this forum before joining. It appeared to me that I too could benifit from joining.
I too am a Scale Addict. And the bad thing is, I'm the type who can gain 3 lbs overnight and also loss 3 lbs overnight!!! Scary, huh? So I try to only weigh myself a couple of times a week.
Welcome!! Looking forward to hearing about you.
Angelfish
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 16:33

Plan: Heller(CALP)
Stats: 230/222/140
BF:
Progress: 9%

Welcome Heather and angelfish! It is fun here, and all the support you'll ever need. The posts here are enlightening, fun, sad, encouraging...runs the gamut. Good luck to you both and hope to see around the forums!!!