Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 22:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 343/336/170
BF:
Progress: 4%
Question I'm New and Don't Have a Plan"HELP"

Hello eveyone, my name is Tanaka and I live in Louisiana. My doctor recently took me off of breads, rice, pasta, cereal,etc. I did it for about two and a half weeks and I lost almost 8lbs! I gave in to temptation one day and I have'nt started back. I plan to start fresh tomorrow, but I was wondering do I really need to follow a certain plan or should I just take her advice since it was working so well!!!

By the way I am very large for my frame but it did'nt come until I started taking medicine for my Bipolar Disoder(Manic-Depression) and plus to add to this I have also been told that I have pcos and that makes the weight even harder to control. I want to make this a life long change this time around and I need all the support I can get. At the present time I'm weighing in at 336lbs and I am only 5'4, that is a major concern because of other health risks that involve obesity. Please Help!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 23:52

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi there.....

First I'd like to say...Welcome to the Forum!

I'd like to suggest you do some reading around the site. There is a forum for each of several different LC plans as well as one that compares them. They can be found here:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdis...p?s=&forumid=97

I think actually following one of the plans will help you to begin to be disciplined with your eating patterns. It's a great way to start to teach yourself a new way to eat. This is after all a WOL (Way of Life), not just a diet.

I can only speak for myself and from what I have seen around the forum, but one of the things I like about Atkins is that by following his Induction for two weeks, my body was cleared of the cravings I had for the nasty carbohydrates that caused the weight gain in the first place. I actually lost my taste for them. I think that has made doing LC a lot easier for me.

Hope that helps.

Marlaine
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 00:05
Registered Member

Stats: 343/336/170
BF:
Progress: 4%
Thumbs up Thank You

Thanks for giving me something to look forward to and I will make sure I check out the Atkins diet because I do have a problem with craving for carbs. Carbs are my biggest problem I love bread, I love rice with gravies and cereal to name a few.You have really made me feel welcome! Thank you so much I hope to here from you again soon.

I CAN DO ALL THINGS TROUGH CHRIST!!!!!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 03:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 22/22/8
BF:
Progress: 23%
Smile

My vote is also for Atkins. I had little voices from the candy bar section calling my name all the time. Atkins silenced their voices within me. I love breads, cereals, etc. It is the only way of life that has curbed my eating. I ate all day long then. Now I eat three meals a day and it is hard for me to do that and I feel satisfied. I was never satisfied before. So give Atkins a try.

Welcome to the board and YOU CAN DO THIS!!!WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 06:35

Stats: 315/283/170 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 22%
Cool

I too, have been on the Atkins plan since Jan 2, 2002, although I am devouring any low-carb book I can get my hands on!

And, like the others, I loved my carbs and was a major chocoholic. I even bought 8 Ross low carb chocolates (4-work/4-home) just in case I had a major chocolate fit. Well, about a month ago I got as far as taking off the outer paper of the chocolate bar and decided that it wasn't worth it - haven't touched the bars since!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 10:56

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Greetings and welcome to the forum.

Definitely explore the various plans and learn as much as you can. Pick one that you think you can stick with for at least a couple of months REGARDLESS of whether you lose, stay the same or gain in order to fairly evaluate it.

Once you have chosen a plan - follow it to the letter. The various plans have a lot in common but they also have a lot of differences. As a whole, each plan is know to work for most people. But they were developed to be used as a whole. Not half of this plan and half of that plan. Do not mix and match - at least not yet. Once you have adjusted to an LC WOL and have learned a lot about how you body responds to different things, you can begin customizing your plan to suit your body and your lifestyle.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 11:03

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally posted by tanaka39
Thank you so much I hope to here from you again soon.

Hi there.....

Me again!! I have another suggestion for you. How about starting a journal? There are so many benefits to having one here. Among other things it gives the rest of us a place to come visit you and offer information and inspiration.

How's the reading going? Getting any closer to choosing a plan? Please feel free to ask any questions that occur to you!

Marlaine