Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-02, 12:58
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
One shot, no history of yo-yo dieting, took her 20 months to lose a moderate amount of weight, she's still staying with maintenance.

This makes me laugh ruefully to myself.

I don't have a history of yo-yo dieting, but I have a long history of trying to find the optimum way to eat for balance - physical, mental and spiritual. All of those ways included vast amount of carbs, whether it was big bowls of brown rice, or low fat chocolate sorbet.

The only time I ever lost any weight with one of these endeavors was a flirtation with food combining about 15 years ago. In retrospect, I was starving myself because I had chosen the vegan version! Thank God the addictive pull of carbs made me gain weight again!

So, through low-carbing I've come to see that for all those years I was feeding my addiction, and that's why I never got anywhere with finding the balance. Now I am.

Karen