Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sat, Nov-20-04, 11:34
Going down....

Plan: LC
Stats: 213/192/155 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default Saturday

Ok, I am so happy. I just did my first "real" work out in almost a year!!! Since last Jan anyway. It felt soooooo good!!! I modified it a bit, but not much and I didn't sit any of it out. I can actually feel it in my butt! Wow, did I mention how good it feels to do a real work out?!?! Good bye lame pregnancy videos!

Anyhow, I came to the conclusion yesterday that even if my scale is being stubborn in regard to weight and food--at least I can tone my body. I mean honestly, I love the feeling of a good, sweaty work out and if I work out almost every day from now til Costa Rica, my body HAS to show improvement. It just has too. So my goal is to work out 6 days a week. Taking Sun off because John is home. Of course there will be exceptions for Thanksgiving and that type of thing, but 5 days of work outs will be my minimum. I should get the ok in 2 weeks to do ab WO (it will be 7 weeks post-surgery because I couldn't get in for a 6 week appt--at that time my goal will be to do 8 min abs daily).

Today:
40 min DA Ultimate Fat Burning WO
**I love this because there is so much variety, it's fun, and after each set, you do a set of arms. My arms a looking flabby so this is awesome.

Last edited by A~Hope~ : Sun, Nov-21-04 at 09:23.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Nov-23-04, 15:52
Going down....

BF:

MONDAY
10 min of DA Ultimate Fat Burner
*Went shopping in the morning and Nick slept the whole time, meaning he didn't want to nap so I could get in an afternoon work out. BUMMER!!!

TUESDAY
40 min of DA UFB WO
20 min of aerobic stepping w/4# weights
25 min of POWER 90 Sculpting

**Used to do all of these w/10# weights. Hopefully I can be back at that soon. My latest obsession is my flabby arms. There will definitely be baggy skin unless I build some muscle. That is about my only option in that dept. I won't even let myself think of my butt. It's just too much to take right now.

My next goal is to check out my Firm videos. I was just really getting into them when I got pregnant. There are 3 in the series. I would like to start doing one a day along with my other work outs. I alway feel such a sense of accomplishment when I get a good work out in.

#48   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-04, 13:56
Going down....

BF:

I am having the worst time trying to work out. First off, Nick is not cooperating. He slept most of yesterday due to being in a car, so wants to just cat nap today. As if that weren't bad enough, he's been in the front carrier and does not want to be put down now. Makes exercise a bit difficult. So far I have gotten in about 15 min of a 40 min wo. And now he is sleeping on my lap...sure to wake up when I put him down. I am wondering if I am just going to have to put him to bed and let him cry. I have never had to do that before...or will he just get over it on his own....

GOALS~
40 min DA (tried it, felt awful, having a really hard time working out today....I just feel too HEAVY) Got 15 min done....

Would like to try The Firm sculpting....
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Dec-01-04, 15:46
Going down....

BF:

Nick had a better day, back on schedule and so am I!

I finally got around to doing The Firm: Sculpting. I love that video. I am not feeling anything in my incision...but my knees are starting to ache. I am far too young to have my knees go out on me . I need to lose this weight, for my health.

I did 8 Min Abs. Another old favorite that I love. I did all the exercises, but I would say at about half capacity. It was my first day, so although I am disappointed, I need to realize that I have to work my way back up.

Nick willing, I am off to do Power 90:Sculpting.

The Firm:Sculpting
8Min Abs
Power 90:Sculpting

**Did about 1/2, then Nick woke up.

***Should also mention that I really modified The Firm. Darn it. I had to only use the little purple step, hopefully I will advance soon.

Last edited by A~Hope~ : Wed, Dec-01-04 at 16:24.
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Dec-02-04, 08:36
Going down....

BF:

Ok, that is how I felt this morning when I stepped on the scale. I am up 10 freakin' pounds from 4 weeks ago. I know I was way off track over Thanksgiving, but do I really deserve a 10# gain?!?!?!!?

My goal for today is to work my butt off, literally. When I saw the scale I got hit by my usual "fight or flight" pattern that always strikes when I am hit with a weight gain. I either want to "$crew it and eat everything in sight" OR "hit the work outs with a vengence". I am relieved to say today is a "hit the work out day".

Today's goals:
30 min Step and Sculpt *
*Not one bit of altering.
45 min DA UFB
45 min The Firm*
*I tried this, and it was killing my knees. Did about 20 min. How disgusted am I?
8 Min Abs *
*Did at 1/2 capacity again, but I did all of it. At least it gets me in the habit and I will work my way upward.

I figure I am home all day, nothing else to do but clean the house (and play with Nick when he's awake), and spread out over about 11 hours, it's not that much. And most important, it makes me feel better.

All through my wo all I can think is how much easier this would be if I weren't literally lugging 100# of fat through the air. How many times in my life have I lost this weight...only to regain it. This time I swear, SWEAR, it's for good. I feel like my fat is running my life. How much of my time is spent to worrying about my weight, what I will wear, embarrassing dh because I look so awful, and Zack too as he gets older....My weight has been dictating far too much of my life for far too long.

Last edited by A~Hope~ : Thu, Dec-02-04 at 15:06.
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-04, 08:18
Going down....

BF:

Blech! Down 3#, but that means I am still up 7#. Got a fabulous amount of sleep last night so I am feeling rested today and should get some wonderul working out in. On the other hand, Nick slept 9 hours last night so I just hope he sleeps today so that I can work out!

Today's goals:
45 min DA Step & Sculpt
30 min Power 90:Sculpt

I am giving up 8 Min Abs for now. I barely did them the last few days but after I did it yesterday, I got this crampy feeling which turned into a throbbing feeling that lasted through the night. Darn it anyway !!! So, I will do as the dr said and listen to my body. I'll give it up and try again next week.

Last edited by A~Hope~ : Fri, Dec-03-04 at 15:50.
  #52   ^
Old Sat, Dec-04-04, 07:57
Going down....

BF:

Still only down 3# darn it anyway!! Tonight will certainly not help. How freakin' maddening!!!!!!!!

Dh is only working til noon today so I best get my big fat butt in gear as long as Nick is sleeping.

8 Min Arms
The Firm: Cardio Burn

Last edited by A~Hope~ : Sat, Dec-04-04 at 12:29.
  #53   ^
Old Sun, Dec-05-04, 10:23
Going down....

BF:

Not that I am surprised, but up a pound. I KNOW I deserve it. I drank countless daquiris, shudder at the thought of all that sugar!!! Sunday is supposed to be my day off from wo, but I think I will squeeze something in. Not feeling real ambitious so I am thinking Power 90: Sculpt. It's a pretty boring wo and there isn't any bouncing. I LOVE the 8 min arms too. I just "refound" it and I only hope it's as effective as the ab wo has been in the past. That is on my list for today as well....

Power 90
8 Min Arms
30 Min DA Step and Sculpt *
*Threw this in just for fun....

My latest obsession is my arms. They are so jiggly they remind me of that flubbery stuff under a rooster's beak. Sooooo, I will be working the heck out of them---helps that I really like the 8 Min Arms video.

Last edited by A~Hope~ : Sun, Dec-05-04 at 19:09.
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Dec-06-04, 08:07
Going down....

BF:

Have a dr appt today. Then running errands. Won't get home til maybe 1 or so. Hopefully Nick will nap when I get back.

Today's goals:
8 Min Arms
30 Min step and sculpt aerobics w/2# weights
40 Min The Firm: Cardio Burn--

Last edited by A~Hope~ : Tue, Dec-07-04 at 10:28.
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Dec-07-04, 12:41
Going down....

BF:
Default Tuesday

Back to work 2 weeks from today. WO are going to be so hard to get in then!!! Worst case scenario, I will do 8 Min Abs and Arms in the evenings. No matter how busy I am, dh can handle Nick for 8 min at a time.

I am just desparately hoping that even if I am not losing fat, I am gaining muscle. Then maybe I will be rewarded with some nice arms and a decent stomach once the fat starts coming off.

Today's goals:
8 Min Abs
9 Min Arms
45 Min The Firm: Cardio Burn

Last edited by A~Hope~ : Tue, Dec-07-04 at 14:28.
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Dec-08-04, 10:55
Going down....

BF:

John is gone til Sat. This won't make much difference in my daily routine other than I don't have to deal with dinner and I have my evenings free...to maybe squeeze in a wo?

AM WO:
30 Min step aerobics
8 Min Arms
8 Min Abs

**Will hopefully add a bit of aerobic stepping w/weights. Shutting down for the night!

Last edited by A~Hope~ : Wed, Dec-08-04 at 17:31.
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Dec-09-04, 08:20
Going down....

BF:
Default Thursday

Going to be gone most of the day. Was able to get in a quick mini workout.

AM WO:
8 Min Abs
8 Min Arms

PM WO:
The Firm: Cardio Burn
8 Min Abs
8 Min Arms
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Dec-10-04, 07:52
Going down....

BF:

Bah humbug....Did not get a 2nd WO in yesterday. Busy day, wasted day, got home way later than anticipated. Will do much better today:
AM WO:
The Firm: Sculpting
8 Min Abs
8 Min Arms

PM WO:
The Firm: Cardio
8 Min Abs
8 Min Arms

**Threw in 30 min step aerobics just for "fun".

Last edited by A~Hope~ : Fri, Dec-10-04 at 15:36.
  #59   ^
Old Sat, Dec-11-04, 11:48
Going down....

BF:

Does not look like I am going to meet my 7 days a week that I have set for myself. I have a horrible sore throat. Crud on my tonsils. I barely have the ambition to do the dishes, let alone a work out....Bummer. Not sure what tommorow will bring. At least I got a WO in last Sun so I got in 6 days for this week. If I skip tommorow I will still be able to get in 6 days if I wo every day after that....
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Dec-14-04, 13:19
Going down....

BF:
Default Monday

Posting a day late...shut off the computer early yesterday.

WO:
60 Min step and sculpt aerobics
8 Min Arms