Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-04, 11:29

Plan: Drs Bernskins
Stats: 260/232.4/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:lots
Progress: 28%
Talking Hi

Hi Meg

And thanks for the long post!!! I don't think we need to feel we have to restrict our posts. Sometimes voimeting (there's that little puke man again ) stuff up in journaling can help me from binging and purging...altho I don't purge anymore....I was more into to binge and then starve. And I like having a lot of the stuff here than in my journal as a lot of the folks that visit my journal don't have the same food issues that I do...or issues with the holidays but with you and Hapee I have kindred spirits.

I am glad you are emotionally healing! and that you have what sounds to be a most loving and supportive DH and I love the name for you and the cute little "fat maus" he put on the fridge...I think that shows a lot of caring.

I am 54 and am just beginning to heal emotionally from my food addiction. I have finally found out that it is not about the damn food but about how I am feeling. I do still binge at times but I stick with this forum and find that the binges are shorter in lenght...involve less food...and I go longer between binges. So healing is going on. I am also in counseling and as I deal with the feelings instead of "eating" them I find alot of depression and anger

I began being anorexic at age 12 when I began to develope a woman's body. It never occurred to me that I was fat until my mother began calling me that. Why? I really don't know as I was 5'7" with a large frame and at that time weighed 118 soakin' wet and constipated. I look back at the pics and see this skinny kid and wonder why she said that???? Maybe she was uncomfortable with me developing a woman's body??? But that began my love/hate relationship with food and my self hate as I felt...even as an adult in her early 40's that if I ate more than 1 cup of sugar free yoguert a day and a large salad that I was eating too much...and I was a well respected nurse that would never allow one of her patients to survive on that

But the holidays bring back painful stuff for me and I do overeat. So far 2 days of eating on program.

OK 3 things I am grateful for:

1. DH is doing the housework for me as I am having a bad day pain wise.

2. LC chocolate when I am having a give me a piece of chocolate day or you die day!

3. Two days of my carbs, calories and water at goal.

4. Finding safe folks to share my eating craziness with.
Hugs to both of you and thanks for being here.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-04, 12:20

Plan: NS
Stats: 300/294/160 Female 5'5-1/2"
BF:Yup, it's there
Progress: 4%

Hi, "guys" - Over here... here I am...

Is it okay if I join your holiday blues group too? I actually came to the forums today because "it" was starting... Not so much the need to binge or eat, but rather the "sad" (kind of hard to explain) feeling I get every year around this time - usuallly starts the end of October and well, down hill from there.

I figure at least here I won't have to keep that constant happy face and the whole world is wonderful look on - any of you know that one?

Anyway.... don't have a whole lot of time to get into much now, but just wanted to stop by and say hello and at least get started.

My day's thankful's include:

1. No calls from my son's school today and the day is almost over.

2. I won $30 on a lottery ticket, so I can BUY MORE EGGS.

3. I'm seven days into a cheat free period and feeling better than this time
last week.

4. That I found this post from Nancy... must have been an "omen."

Nancy
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-30-04, 19:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 186/183/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

HOLA guys, and welcome nancy! I normally get the blues around the winter too, I read in the paper that a lot of people suffer depression because of the lack of sunlight so maybe we're not alone and it's more than just the holidays. I'm 30 years old and have 2 girls, I work at a job I hate(ladies locker room at a country club) it is very boring, I have a friend who just moved on up and while I'm happy 4 her, I'm envious. I know that is bad but I can't help it. I'm one of those people who pretend to be happy all the time but am not. I'm glad that I can come on here and be real about what's bothering me. I will try to stay uptempo and that's just bcause I've done it so long it's hard sometimes. I feel if I say I'm wonderful, doing great enough times I'll feel that way. I have a sweetheart, been with for 8 years, daughter together, but will probaly never get married, depressing sometimes, but sometimes I don't want him to be my husband- too many probs. Right now the only thing getting me down is going to the store and not being able to fit in the pants because my butt is so huge, but I'm working on that. I'M GRATEFUL THAT I LEARNED TO TYPE IN HIGH SCHOOL, I HAVE 2 BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN THAT ARE WELL MANNERED AND BEHAVED, AND SOMEONE WHO LOVES ME AND IS ATTRACTED TO ME EVEN THOUGH CHARTS SAY IM OBESE