Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-22-04, 22:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: //140 Female 165cm
BF:
Progress:
Default so i tried Ben &Jerrys/went to LowCarb Grocery

well,I went to the LowCarb grocery I've seen mentioned on this board...at yonge and lawrence....i liked the store,although some stuff there was very expensive...however, in the fridge section, i found single slices of chocolate walnut cake for 1.49!!!! (5 net carbs for the whole thing)they were really filling and very good....rich too....
the cheesecake there is very expensive....2 little cups were 3.99 and a whole cheesecake is $14.99....well,good to know for bdays or holidays when not in the mood to bake.....
also,they have all atkins products,di vinci syrups in many flavours (12something each!!) soy chips,etc.,and i also bought a 20 pack of small wraps, for 6.99 (very pricey...i'll let yall know how it tasted)

on another note...i tried the BEN & JERRYS Vanilla Swiss Almond Carb Karma ice cream...and i cant express just how disappointed i was.....first i thought the icecream had gone bad,but the expiry said apr 2005....it tasted sooo dry and chalky...i couldnt believe it was ben n jerrys
the chocolate covered almonds in it were the only edible part....it tasted nothing like ice cream,or like french vanilla....it was just....really weird tasting...

whoever wants to try it, 7/11 (all locations) have a sale on ben &jerrys, buy 1,get 2nd half price..and they have the vanilla swiss almond carb karma one there.....its 2 net carbs /125mL...so the whole thing has 8 net carbs supposedly.....i ate the hole thing lol even though it was horrible (i'll never do that again) and didnt gain,but didnt lose either...............

has anyone else tried it? and what did yall think?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-23-04, 08:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/204/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Yeah I second the nastiness vote!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-23-04, 14:08
Registered Member

Stats: 276/211/175 Female 5'9"
BF:41/31.2/?
Progress: 64%

LOL, I tried the B&J, and I absolutely loved it.
I also bought low carb wraps from a low carb store in Fort Erie, and man were they nasty. The store in Fort Erie also carries the Davinci Syrups and many other low carb products. THe Syprups were 12.95 for the 750ml. The wraps I bought were 10 in there for 4.99 took one taste and chucked them. The tumaro wraps are much better. But I hope that not the end of carb options stuff, was on my way to check it out lol..
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-23-04, 17:12

BF:
Progress:

the wraps i got from the low carb grocery store were pretty good...not the best,but were ok,and only 2 net carbs (4 total-2fiber)...and its made from whole wheat flour,not soy....but,its still very expensive
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-27-04, 14:39

Stats: 176/150/150 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

The chocolate B&J is WAY WAY better!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Nov-28-04, 08:34
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

For LC ice cream, try the Chapman's SF ice cream. If you look at the label, I think it's about the same as the other LC ice creams but IMHO it's much much better. I haven't tried the B&J but I have tried I think Neilson's Carb Smart. The vanilla tasted like Milk of Magnesia my mother used to give me for -- ahem-- digestive problems.

The Sobey's house brand "Our Compliments" SF ice cream is just as good as Chapman's too. My preferred flavours are Dutch Chocolate, Maple Walnut, Butterscotch Ripple and Vanilla. I don't care for the Cookies and Cream nor the Neapolitan. I don't think I have seen any other flavours.

I have stopped buying them for now, though, because I was overdoing it with them and was putting on poundage as though there was no tomorrow.

Consider yourself warned!

Food Basics carry Chapman's at $3.77 a litre and I even saw it in Giant Tiger for $3.77. I usually shop at either Fortino's or Sobey's and it's a bit more in both of those places. I believe Our Compliments was $3.99 and Chapman's $4.27 at Sobey's and Chapman's was $3.99 at Fortino's. Why I remember these details, I have no idea. Now ask me to remember something really important connected to work and it doesn't happen. Maybe in the wrong field?
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Nov-28-04, 15:01

BF:
Progress:

lol...well ill have to put off buying any kind of low carb ice cream or chocolate bars for now,as i havent lost any weight in 2 weeks....so i've learned my lesson...and i was overdoing it too...god forbid there was a 2L tub of sf ice cream in my freezer,it'd be gone in a day and i'd be stuck with a few extra pounds
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Nov-28-04, 15:09
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Quote:
god forbid there was a 2L tub of sf ice cream in my freezer,it'd be gone in a day and i'd be stuck with a few extra pounds
the ones I like only come in 1L so there is a limit -- a big limit -- but it's better than 2L.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Nov-28-04, 21:38

Stats: 169/132/132 Female 153 cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Yeah, those low sugar CHapmans are pretty good. I had the Neopolitan, and the chocolate and strawberry were good, vanilla had no flavour, but it was in the middle anyway...!

B&J is quite gross, I agree!

M