Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-25-04, 20:14

Plan: atkins ish
Stats: 150/147/120 Female 5'3
BF:NoMore Preggers!
Progress: 10%
Default What does everyone do at home for a work out?

Hi everyone.
I was wondering what everyone does at home for a workout? I do go to the gym but I want to do something at home when I can't make it to the gym. I am looking to do something in cardio.
I was thinking about getting a stairmaster. I have a cheapie one that I don't really like. Someone had recomended the Firm steps that comes with videos and stuff. I would prefer to not have to watch videos. I would prefer to watch somethinge else!
I also was thinking about getting a small trampoline. My uncle use to run on it when it was raining outside does. I really laughed when he told me that. I never thought that was something that you could do. I am not sure why but I thought maybe all you did was jump. Heck I didn't know!! Does anyone else use a trampoline?
Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-26-04, 17:04

Plan: ONE DAY AT A TIME:)!
Stats: 142.5/138.6/120.0 Female 5 feet and 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%

I just bought a treadmill because I use to walk 3 miles outside but now with the change in weather it's either too cold for my baby girl or it's raining outside. I've had the treadmill for about a week but haven't had much time to use it with the busy rush of school being out, getting Christmas pictures taken and just stuff in general. I also have Cindy Crawford-The Next Challenge Workout tape, that's an awesome tape, I would also like to start doing that again once the kids are back in school. I'm hoping to get back into a routine that I've gotten out of.
Good luck with finding something to do.
Dolores
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-26-04, 20:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 314/195/180 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 89%

Over the past year or so I"ve set up what I like to think of as a decent home gym. I have a Nordictrack cross country ski machine a stairmaster a treadmill and a soloflex gym. I also have an ab swing which I'm still not convinced is a good piece of equipment. I use the Nordictrack on a daily basis as well as the treadmill. The Soloflex is used in the summer months at least 3 or 4 times a week but during the winter months I go to our local gym since I'm dying to get out of the house once cold weather hits. All in all I think it's very important to have a home gym, even if you belong to a commercial gym. It's nice to have the option to either work at home or work in a more public setting. Just my two cents.
Dave
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-27-04, 09:23

Stats: 151/133/134 Female 5'5.5
BF:Getting better!
Progress: 106%

I have the slim in 6 series, which I love. If I don't feel like doing that I do The Firm, the cardio one. Otherwise if I am too tired or sore from a good workout the day before I try to at least do some of my MTV yoga video. I absolutely hate working out in front of people so I do my workouts at home and have had pretty good results from these video's.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-27-04, 19:44

Plan: atkins ish
Stats: 150/147/120 Female 5'3
BF:NoMore Preggers!
Progress: 10%

Thanks for all the input. I guess I may get the firm
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-08-04, 11:21

Plan: Own
Stats: 145/114/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 124%
Default On "The Firm"

Hi, I just got the Firm and I am having a little trouble following it...still learning all of the moves. The coreography is a little tricky. But if you are looking for something to get started with that is easy to follow and shows GREAT results, try Susan Powter's "Moving". It's old and I'm not even sure that you can find it, but try looking it up on ebay or something. It's excellent and really gives you a firm grasp on step aerobics. I would coninue doing it now because I love it so much, but I've outgrown it and it seems a little too easy for the stage I'm at physically. But most definitely try it. I love it, and my mom has done it for the last 10 years off and on, (she lost over 50lbs and looked better than I did!!). Good luck in whatever you decide.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Dec-17-04, 10:56
Medival Princess

Plan: curves
Stats: 298/214/190 Female 6 ft or 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

i have one of the home gym set-ups with the cables and all but to be honest i have not used in since july
but i do rotate between pilates & yoga... & I love my bellydance video's.. Right now i am working getting someone to buy DDR for my PS2 for xmas i am so hooked on that silly game everytime i go to an arcade or the movie theater
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Dec-20-04, 08:34

Stats: 156/135/130 Female 5' 2
BF:22 %
Progress: 81%

I attend an exercise class (Mon and Wed=weight training and Tues and Thurs=step aerobics), but we take the month of December off..........so, when I can't go to class and on weekends, I warm up for 20 minutes on my NordicTrak Walkfit, then I do 30 minutes of step aerobics. I have 2 step tapes that I really love. Lately, I've become addicted to step aerobics !
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Dec-20-04, 13:43

Plan: Meat Only
Stats: 200/169.6/175 Male 5'11''
BF:
Progress: 122%

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysania
Right now i am working getting someone to buy DDR for my PS2 for xmas

I love DDR and so do my two boys (age 10 and 7). Even bought a metal pad for better control (and so it doesn't slide around).
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Dec-20-04, 14:07
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Pilates
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Dec-20-04, 14:31
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

I love to rollerblade.... but if you want something cardio... how bout jumping rope?? It's an AMAZING cardio workout in a short period of time.. AND if you get good, you can through in all sorts of tricks to make it NOT boring. DD was in the "Armidillo Ropers" in elementary school...and they did all sorts of tricks.

I've also been "planning" to get something I can put my bicycle on, but haven't done that yet.

Mike