Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 11:14
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 182/156/140 Female 58 inches
BF:45%/43%
Progress: 62%
Default Caroly will get there!

Thanks for the feedback.
Today breakfast was 2 turkey pepperettes and coffee with cream and splenda.

Then I went to the gym where I did 12 minutes on the elliptical trainer at level 1 and then did the weight circuit without doing any free weights. Yesterday's tricep workout has left me a little sore as did the ab workout.
After my workout I had an Atkin's shake.

For lunch I had some Zucchini avocado soup. It was great. The recipe was from the Atkin's website.

Throughout the day I am trying to do some stretches to limber up my arms and back. Supper may be an issue since we are going out but I will stick to low car.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-04, 08:22
Registered Member

Monday, I did my level 1 spin class. It does seem a bit easier. I still can't do all the off the seats but each time I think I can do more. Today is the Women on weights class at 10.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-18-04, 08:06
Registered Member

Went to a talk at the gym by a nutritionist, trainer. It was very interesting. He really feels the Atkins is very bad for the body because it robs the bones of calcium to de adidify the blood from all the protein. Any comments? Also he discussed how important weight training was for fat loss. According to several studies cardio exercise does very little towards fat loss. It is very good for heart health but not fat loss. I am concentrating on building more muscle with weight workouts. Today is a women on weights class which is great.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-23-04, 11:35
Registered Member

Went to WoW today. Did biceps, triceps and abs. It is a great class. Learn new exercises every time.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-14-04, 11:22
Registered Member

Went to WoW today. It is such a great program. It is twice a week and we work different muscle groups each time. Today it was shoulders and abs. Thursday will probably be legs. Yesterday was my first cross country ski. We go for an hour in the morning before work.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 11:15
Registered Member

My goals for the new year are to go to the gym at least 4 days a week. Hoping for more snow to cover the ice on the cross country ski trails so that I can get back to that and will go 3 days a week for an hour each time. Starting next Wednesday I am going to start a pilates class and Tuesdays and Thursdays do a body sculpting class (weights)