Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-18-01, 18:36

Plan: Diabetes Control/own adaptation
Stats: 343/270/ 200
BF:
Progress:
Talking Got a surprise today

I have stated before, I started the LC WOE for my health, and didn't consider loosing weight. I went to the doctor today, and nearly fainted. Since the day I went to the doctor complaining of leg cramps (which caused him to do a complete blood work up and find the diabetes) at the end of Feburary I have lost a grand total of 50 pounds!!!!!!!!!!

Grant it, I still have a LOT more to loose, for the first time in more years than I care to remember (over 15 years) I think there is actually hope of being thin enough to at least buy clothes in a regular store again, not just giant sized clothing shops.

I have always been overweight, I just didn't care for so long, it brought tears to my eyes and I was in shock to think that in just a few months, I have lost so much weight. At this rate, In 6 months I will weigh less than my husband for the first time in all the years we have been married! How's that for a goal*G*

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-18-01, 18:43
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

I hear you Tammy! It's a special feeling, especially for those of us who've always been big, since childhood, as we can't remember being anything other than big! Congrats!!

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-18-01, 18:44

Plan: CKD
Stats: 245/215/130
BF:
Progress:
Talking YES!!!

Reading that made me cry! I'm so very happy for you! I too weigh more than my hubby...so I know where your coming from! KEEP IT UP!
SMILE<
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-18-01, 20:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

awww.....isn't that something.......what a feeling eh girl.....keep it going hon.....never mind the husband stuff.....just your feeling of feeling wow....if I can do this....imagine with more time and will power..what I can do.....yeah babieeee.....who cares about the husband...lol..don't get me wrong.....but isn't this for you hon....

#5   ^
Old Sat, May-19-01, 07:10

BF:
Progress:
Default Hubby and me...

The comment about the hubby was more teasing than anything. I married one of my dearest friends almost 18 years ago. We tease and pick at each other sometimes, But he has never been negative about my weight, and always been quite supportive.

He has tried very hard to understand LC lifestyle, and was the one to notice the joys of pork rinds on a chip run one time (as well as ice cream, or any snacks as well as all of our groceries). I do enjoy the smells of fresh donuts, though I CHOOSE not to eat them (which they have only had 2 times since Feburary, I think because of me*smile*)

It is quite a feeling, though! I NEVER expected to loose weight. I had tried for so many years, I had given up being able to. Now I have hope where I had not had any before. Feeling indeed!!!!!!! Thanks all, I just had to share it (or I would have exploded)

Quote:
Originally posted by numberonewendy
awww.....isn't that something.......what a feeling eh girl.....keep it going hon.....never mind the husband stuff.....just your feeling of feeling wow....if I can do this....imagine with more time and will power..what I can do.....yeah babieeee.....who cares about the husband...lol..don't get me wrong.....but isn't this for you hon....

#6   ^
Old Sat, May-19-01, 08:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

LOL...ummm..Wendy had a few drinks last night so I guess I took things more seriously....duh....LOL

How long did it take you to lose 50lbs?
  #7   ^
Old Sat, May-19-01, 12:35

BF:
Progress:
Smile No Problem

Quote:
Originally posted by numberonewendy
How long did it take you to lose 50lbs?

I weighed myself at the doctor's office the last week of Feburary of this year. Then after seeing the dietician started adjusting my diet The second week of March. By April 4th, I had lost 10 pounds, and then Friday I went back to the doctor and found I had lost 40 more, in that month and a half.

Odd thing is, I have been eating quite a bit, I am not hungry (still get the "I'm bored" munchies sometimes though*G*). I think of all the years I starved myself just to loose 5 pounds. I am so thrilled. I still can't believe that I have lost so much, just by watching the carbohydrates I eat.