Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#226   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 18:58

Plan: general lc
Stats: 165/000/140 Female 65 inches
BF:-?
Progress: 660%

Took my measurements today. I actually took them about 6 times just to make sure I wasn't pulling the tapemeasure too tight .
Down 1/4" off each my ab,hips, and thigh.
Since beginning;

bust - same

waist - 1 1/5"

ab - 3/4"

thigh - 3/4"

I missed working out today
Definately need to be more focused for the upcoming week.
Hope everyone had a great weekend !!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #227   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 19:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 247/195/150 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:Size-20/12/dunno!
Progress: 54%

Wow, did know about this challenge. Nice to hear other people are doing pilates too. I love it! I think it has helped so much. I also do step aerobics and weights. I like to alternate. I hope I can join your group and share with all of you. How often do you measure? Is that all we share? Please let me know if I can join. Thanks!!
  #228   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 19:31

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

Welcome to the Pilate Babe's Challenge! You have been doing pilates for a while? Care to share what you know and what they have done for you!? We aren't measuring on set days, but do encourage you to get a beginning measurement and then when Christmas hits we will do a final measurement! I haven't done my pilates yet today, but will not go to bed until I do!
  #229   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 19:48

Hi Miss Scruff,
Yes I have been doing them for about 3 months now, maybe 4. When I started it was really hard to get through the 20 min workout. After a while it was easier to do. I was initially unable to roll like a ball, come up using the powerhouse, even the one hundred was a struggle. My legs would hurt and my sciatica would make my legs shake and my lower back ache. So I slowed it down and made sure I stretched a lot. Eventually I have been able to accomplish the moves that were so tough at the begining.
I feel better, I look smaller (in size) than what I am and my flexibility is most improved. So I like pilates. I have yet to master the body sculpting DVD, but I know it will happen soon enough.
Thanks for allowing me to join!
  #230   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 21:05
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Good evening all..

One of the reasons I began doing yoga and pilates is because I developed this horribly painful problem in my right groin area.. deep inside muscles. I even went to physical therapy for it. It was so bad, there were days I literally dragged my leg because i couldn't maneuver it to walk. I was in so much pain, and I couldn't go up stairs, and i could hardly drive.. i couldn't move my leg from the brake to the gas peddle, it hurt so badly....

and then i picked up these tapes at the library, and garage sales, and got on the floor and began doing them.. stopping the tapes every now and then to work the groin area more than the tape did...

I no longer have the pain like i did, i can drive and climb stairs again, and i don't have to drag my leg any longer.... I still have the pain, it's there, but tolerable. Pilate's and yoga has helped greatly, and like 4bidden said, it has improved my flexibility tremendously.. I don't know why they don't teach children Pilate's and yoga in school...

I measured my waist 2 days ago...... and I was pretty shocked that i allowed myself to get this wide.. I'm embarrassed, ashamed.. and I'm working hard at getting it down 6 inches.... lordy... i never realized i let myself go so badly...
(update) measured my waist this morning on a whim... and i'm down 2 inches. either TOM wanted to scare me, or... i'm getting wooshes.

anyways.... 30 minutes of Pilate's/yoga

Last edited by PilotGal : Mon, Nov-08-04 at 06:05.
  #231   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-04, 21:47

Plan: Less talk, More action
Stats: 175/130/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I think you babes are all doing GREAT!..Today i made the mistake of trying on "short" shorts in a shop...and as i stared in the fitting room mirror, I felt a black cloud descend over me!! I'm definetly not ready to expose so much thigh in public YET!!...but hey, your results have sure inspired me...hopefully my "fat day" will be gone tomorrow.
At present I am metamorphasizing!!!

Butterfly soon!!
  #232   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 06:24

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

16/21 still trying to fit in time - but NO excuses will be accepted. I want those baggy jeans too! I do feel it in my body and will measure again mid week. Have a good one all!
  #233   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 07:40
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

Hiya ladies.. I was a slacker this weekend. With my daughters birthday, errands, LAZY moods etc.... I did do power walking, SOME Pilates and very Lil Yoga.. At least Im being honest with myself.
Today is the dentist/crown thang,uhg. Hopefully after this I can get to a healthy eating program again. I feel just awful .. Just goes to show how much my body needs the exercise and protein Im missing eating only soft foods. (crossing fingers)

Angel
  #234   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 13:49

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4biddenEve
Hi Miss Scruff,
Yes I have been doing them for about 3 months now, maybe 4. When I started it was really hard to get through the 20 min workout. After a while it was easier to do. I was initially unable to roll like a ball, come up using the powerhouse, even the one hundred was a struggle. My legs would hurt and my sciatica would make my legs shake and my lower back ache. So I slowed it down and made sure I stretched a lot. Eventually I have been able to accomplish the moves that were so tough at the begining.
I feel better, I look smaller (in size) than what I am and my flexibility is most improved. So I like pilates. I have yet to master the body sculpting DVD, but I know it will happen soon enough.
Thanks for allowing me to join!

Thanks for sharing your story with me...with all of us! I have the Pilates for Dummies and love it! I don't do it everyday as I should since I have been down with the flu, but plan on getting back on track! Now KiwiGal...she does it each and every day!
  #235   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 18:48

Miss Scruff:
I do hope you get over the flu quickly. So sorry to hear you are sick.

Today I had a lot of running around to do. My youngest son (10 yrs old) is Autistic and he gets therapy every Monday. He is very high functioning, but as they grow they have to deal with issues that for any child is tough, like bullies. So, his therapist helps with ways of coping and how to react in those situations.
Anyway, I did manage to squeeze in at least the 20 min workout. I'm also on TOM, so that was a real acomplishment.
I will measure next week again to see if there is a difference. I will continue to do my aerobics. I am just going to make sure that I do pilates everyday as well.
  #236   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 19:11

Plan: Less talk, More action
Stats: 175/130/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Now IF i got more sleep!!! I could do the accelerated workout..but I am stuck with the 20 minute one as my poor [very old feeling] body refuses to co operate!
Indulged in 1 1/2 Atkins peanut butter cups today ladies...Mmmmmm!!!
  #237   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 19:51

BF:
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4biddenEve
Miss Scruff:
I do hope you get over the flu quickly. So sorry to hear you are sick.

Today I had a lot of running around to do. My youngest son (10 yrs old) is Autistic and he gets therapy every Monday. He is very high functioning, but as they grow they have to deal with issues that for any child is tough, like bullies. So, his therapist helps with ways of coping and how to react in those situations.
Anyway, I did manage to squeeze in at least the 20 min workout. I'm also on TOM, so that was a real acomplishment.
I will measure next week again to see if there is a difference. I will continue to do my aerobics. I am just going to make sure that I do pilates everyday as well.

I am feeling better and am still loosing fat so am very happy about that! I don't get what kind of bug this is but it sure hangs on! I am going to get back into daily pilates no matter how yucky I am feeling because I miss the consistent exercise! And now, not only does KiwiGal make me look bad, but you do too! So I am going to have to get my act together and do these pilates each and every day! This is so exciting sharing all this with such wonderful ladies!
  #238   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-04, 06:18
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

Good morning ladies and Happy Tuesday to you all. It was so very hard to start my workout this morning at 5 but once I got started and the sweat started I felt amazing. Sure my butt feels like somone bent me over and let a jackass kick me but tiz all good . 35 mins arobic strength training with 2-5lb weights/lower body workout /Yoga 15 mins/ Pilates (this afternoon) 20 mins.
Have a positive day ladies

Angel
  #239   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-04, 06:40

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:

17/22 - boy I feel the difference when I do the intermediate work out. Feel better Miss Scruff!
  #240   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-04, 13:02

Plan: Hampton's/Atkins
Stats: 205/205/135 Female 5'2"
BF:fat

I was at the gym this morning and found out that I have lost 3 inches off my waist. I have a full assesment on the 19th so will know then how much I have lost everywhere else.