Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-02, 21:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / Somersizing
Stats: 194/184/160
BF:
Progress: 29%
Wink Hello all you "beautiful losers"!!

Losers in the positive sense, of course!! I have been immersed in the wonderful energy of this forum for an hour now and felt it was time I quit "lurking". What a great bunch, situated in this little corner of cyberspace! I have chatted at other low-carb sites but none with the lifeline of support I feel is coming from this one!
Here's a little bit about where I'm coming from...I was an avid LCarber for over two years and then I let it get away from me. I went from 198 to 156 and maintained it for 2 yrs. Now, I am back up to 190. I had 7 mos. off work and my schedual was shot! I started having a couple of cold beers during the hot summer days...(we had alot of hot summer days!) started to eat the wrong things...ate and drank my way through the holidays...before I knew it, a year and a half had passed and I was fat again. ARRGGGG!!
It's funny, I would lay there in bed and think "Well, I know what I have to do and I'm going to start tomorrow". Yea, right. I have actually faced the denial of my addiction. It's not pretty.
I am ready to be the best I can be again. I kick myself for letting it get this far but the damage is done and there's no quick fix! I have been LC/Somersizing for the past few weeks and I am now, blessedly, back to having to remind myself to eat.
I am looking forward to sharing with you all and knowing that there are others fighting the same fight. I had to send my scale in to be fixed so I will not be a slave to it for awhile yet! I am hoping that in the next few weeks I can make that blasted thing a little closer to being a friend!!

Sunshine Smiles
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-02, 21:39

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Welcome BCBabe!
This is absolutely the best low carb board out there, I am sure you will find lots of inspiration, motivation and information. check out the journals section and start one - they are a great tool and a good way to meet the people on the board. Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-02, 22:45
Registered Member

BF:

Thank you, Atriana, for your warm welcome! I can't believe that I have been cruising this site for 3 hours now! I have already found so much useful info. I am looking forward to starting a journal and visiting lots! I usually avoid the "compooper" other than research so this site obviously has me hooked!!. My eyes are pretty buggy at this point but I am jazzed that I have found the support that I so desperately need! I hope to talk to you in the near future. ( I have a feeling I'll be around for a while!! )

Sunshine Smiles!!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 01:47
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Sunshine Smiles!!

You must live in the Okanagan!

If you live in Vancouver, we have sporadic dinners and coffees. Vancouverites are always welcome!

Karen
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 15:44

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

Welcome, Babe! What a wonderful introductory post. (and I can't help but like someone who calls me "beautiful" ) I'm so glad you de-lurked.

Yeah, the whole carbs-are-addictive thing takes awhile for most of us to appreciate fully. (me included!) I too have had that experience of knowing what to do after a lapse, but waking up every morning for awhile and not doing it (sometimes it even seemed some automaton hidden in my head was driving the real "me" to the store to buy Coke and Dingdongs--what a weird feeling!) It's more important that you finally got back on than how long you stayed away. So nice to meet you!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 20:55
Registered Member

BF:

Nice to meet you too, Razzle!!
I know what you mean about the automoton! I always say, "Well, my mouth wants it but my head doesn't." I obviously have a dominant mouth because it usually wins out!!
I knew there was something wrong, and that all my bad choices were catching up with me, when I looked in the mirror and dubbed myself, "Cheeks Malone"!! "Ok head, man the troops and shut that mouth down!!"
Now that I think, I was really inspired the other day when I was watching this story about this young girl who had lost her legs from the knee down. She was running track, racing along on these metal pieces strapped to her thighs, and smiling as the wind whipped thru her hair and I couldn't help but think, "that girl knows how to live." What is keeping me from the pleasure of my own freedom?
I figured it out. It was me.
There it was, so I kicked that automoton to the curb!!

Sunshine Smiles!!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 21:18
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by Karen

You must live in the Okanagan!

If you live in Vancouver, we have sporadic dinners and coffees. Vancouverites are always welcome!

Karen

Hi Karen!
Actually I was reading a little bit about the special low-carb nites that you are planning out there in Stanley Park. Sounds pretty fantastic. I have never been to your restaurant but my mother has enjoyed herself there on a couple of occasions. Lord knows, my husband and I could use a fabulous meal and a nite out!! I will keep my eye on the situation.
I am actually located in the "Sunny Delta" area. Just thru the tunnel in lovely Ladner. I am very happy that I found this place. I really love the idea of all the support everybody offers each other here, and I look forward to getting to know many of the wonderful souls that visit this site!!

SS!!