Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 19:49

Plan: PPLP (Intervention) Dilettante
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking I am so proud!!!

Whoo-eeeee!! Got past a major temptation today! All the people that I work with are so nice, and we all like our goodies! Today there was a birthday, and someone brought in a beautiful chocolate cake, with chocolate icing! Ay-yi-yi-yi!!!

This is a big-time double-whammy for me! I am a confirmed chocoholic who has gone from having a little bit (just a little bit!) absolutely every day, to having none. I haven't had so much as a crumb in 16 long days!! Torture! And, the other whammy is this: my mom was a cake decorator out of our home when I was growing up, and we lived on cake and icing! I love cake!!

I managed to sit in the lunch room with this temptation for my entire break and didn't even have a taste! Of course, I had help! One of my co-workers is on Weight Watchers, so we discussed the potential of finding a long hair in the cake, and the fact that someone may have spit in it, or lost a fake nail, or god knows what else. And then started talking about the 20 people at work that day that have been sitting around it and touching it and it's just crawling with germs and on and on and on. I tell you, after about 10 minutes of that, you couldn't have paid me to eat it!!! Well, maybe...

Anyway, that is a shining moment for me. And truth be told, after LCing for only two weeks, it wasn't as bad a tempter as it would have been two weeks ago! I love this WOL!!!

So yay me, and yay you for being a low carber too!!

Cheers!
Dizzy D
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 20:16

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Dizzy, hopefully one day you wont even want that cake - or that chocolate. I know it surprized me when I realized that chocolate no longer had any 'pull' over me - I was a chocoholic who knew no bounds! LCing really does change your taste buds - as for your co-workers? Let them eat cake

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-02, 05:42

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 164/130/132
BF:
Progress: 106%

WAY TO GO DIZZY!!!!

And the best part is it gets easier!!

I've been LCing for about 12 weeks now. I'm a waitress -- yesterday a little girl that comes in with her family regularly had a bag of Harry Potter Jelly Beans. She took a green one out and gave it to me and told me it was either apple or whatever. Of coarse I took it , thanked her and acted really pleased. THEN ran to my coworker and said "Hurry up! Eat this, tell me what kind it is!" (It was apple)
Little girl happy, me happier!! Even a tiny jelly bean has to be considered.... is it worth it? I say no.

You did real good with the cake!!! Just keep saying no!!
Ellie
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 02:25

Plan: 6 week body makeover
Stats: 225/185/190 Male 5.8
BF:
Progress: 114%

Hhahaahah... hair in the cake.. thats a good one....I usually have little discussions with myself about the possible downsides of "cheating" like waking up and not fitting into my new jeans

That usually shuts off any thoughts I have of eating stuff real quick!

In the beginning yes it was ALOT harder but as Nat said there will come a day when it has NO pull on you at all... and you will remember these messages and say " Oh my god they are right"

I cant count the times I have done that....

Even now when I go tanning.. I take the nice little hershey kiss off the pillow and move it to the shelf.. and I just forget it was even there... let the next person have mine!

But I think they are on to me.. cause now when I go in there are 2 hershey kisses on the bed.... AHHHH!! hahahah... So now they both sit on the shelf....

its not hard to give it up after you get used to not having it all...

Hang in there! We are with ya!

Hugs
Shannon
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 20:17

Plan: PPLP (Intervention) Dilettante
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking Thank you!!!

Aaawww shucks you guys... You are the BEST!!

I was really proud, thanks for sharing my moment!

Cheers and for everyone!

Dizzy D
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-09-02, 08:22

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally posted by Blondie28

But I think they are on to me.. cause now when I go in there are 2 hershey kisses on the bed.... AHHHH!! hahahah... So now they both sit on the shelf....

Never know.....the person that was there before you may have also been a low carber and is leaving it for the next person... which is YOU! I feel sorry for the last person of the day, probably has 20 sitting on the pillow.

And for you Dizzyd...l

I am soooooooooooo proud of you! You did so great in resisting that! Nat is right...after being low carb for so long you really aren't tempted by sweets because you feel so lousy after eating them.