Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 13:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/150/125 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 55%

Speaking of Lobstergal, how did your tests go at the hospital? I hope everything is ok.
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 14:52
Registered Member

Stats: 195/145/135 Female 5,2"
BF:Too Much!!
Progress: 83%

Yeah, Lobstergal, you out there? We're keeping good thoughts for you.
  #123   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 01:11
Lobstergal

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I went in for bloodtests. I haven't heard back yet on them so hopefully everything is fine.

Christied are you open on Sunday because Sunday is my son's 20th birthday and we always go to the Mandarin for dinner on Hallloween to celebrate his birthday and I thought if you are open then I could pop in for a couple minutes to say hello to you if we are early enough. I know the buffet starts at 4 pm and my boys might want to get there earlier then 6 pm.
  #124   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 07:39
Registered Member

Default I'll be here!!!

Hey Lobstergal. I will be here at the store from noon to 5 p.m. I'd love it if you stopped in to say hi. By the way, I've been meaning to ask you, are you from the Maritimes originally? The name made me curious. Anyhow, drop by, I'd love to meet you. When we get together again, you gotta come. You will love chefs, what a sweet lady!
See ya Sunday!

Last edited by christied : Wed, Oct-27-04 at 07:41. Reason: grammer
  #125   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 11:32
Lobstergal

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

My parents were both from New Brunswick. My mom was from Campobello Island and my dad was born in New Mills. I was born in Toronto.

I picked the nickname because I happened to find a postcard in my mother's things after she died that my dad had mailed me from NB when I was a child.
When he went home to NB for his mother's funeral when I was around 10 years old I asked him if he could bring me back a lobster. I never knew he was going for a funeral...they kept that fact from us children and since we kids had to stay in school we could not go to NB with him. I do not remember if our mother stayed with us while he went alone or if she went with him and left us with a sitter. My memories are spotty from that time.

When I came across the postcard I asked my dad about it and he told me a little bit and that postcard started me into collecting lobster related items. I have a little collection of lobster salt and pepper shakers, beanies babies, stuffed toys and plates and postcards.

The postcard my dad sent me is one of a cooked lobster and on the back my dad had written..'Here is the lobster that you wanted'. Currently he is still trying to find a lobster trap for me.

I will try to come to the next get together and I will see if my boys want to go to the Mandarin a little earlier then we normally do so we can drop in to see you. I will ask them tonight.
  #126   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 13:52
Registered Member

Unhappy

I'm glad I asked, that is quite a story, but a little sad, too. I am from Rothsay,N.B. then Halifax and now Hamilton is home. Even if you just drop by for a minute to introduce yourself on Sunday... I'd love to meet you!
  #127   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-04, 22:10
Lobstergal

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

It was great meeting you Christied. I will have to come back to see you again
when I do not have the boys with me. You are a very nice person. If I was alone I could have stayed a bit longer to chat (and look around ) and I would have been more relaxed without them in tow.
I've forgotten the name of the website you gave me that Chefs is involved with. I would love to check it out.
  #128   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-04, 07:41
Registered Member

Default It was nice to meet you, too!

Hey, Lobstergal. It was a pleasure meeting you too. And although it would have been nice to visit longer, I'm glad I got to meet your boys too! They were very sweet and gave me a little insight about you. Come around any time, I'm always happy to have company. The site Chefs moderates on is www.lowcarbcafe.com and it is a really nice site. The people there are very friendly and welcoming. Chefs moderates a cooking forum, but since I don't cook much, I usually just go in the "support" forum. Go register and introduce yourself and you will see what I mean. Hope to see you again soon!
  #129   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-04, 08:21
Registered Member

BF:

Lobstergal, so glad you got to meet Christied. How did your dinner go with your son. Hope you all had a great time. And yes please come join us at the cafe. Register with your lobstergal nick so I know who you are when you arrive
  #130   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-04, 08:44
Registered Member

Hi Chefs! How was your week end?
  #131   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-04, 09:24
Registered Member

BF:

Not too bad and yours? I only got 25 kids last night. Don't get too many on Dundurn, it being so busy. I just saw your post over at the cafe. I'll have to give David Christophersons office a call. I voted for him, now lets see what his voice will do for the voters
  #132   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-04, 09:36
Lobstergal

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefs
Lobstergal, so glad you got to meet Christied. How did your dinner go with your son. Hope you all had a great time. And yes please come join us at the cafe. Register with your lobstergal nick so I know who you are when you arrive

I was very happy to meet with Christied.

Dinner was great but I ate way too much (we all did!!) and I am feeling the carbs this morning but that is the last BIG celebration for my boys and I for a long time. The birthday boy had a great weekend he tells me. After dinner he went out with his buddies and they went to a bar. I heard him come in the house around 3 am. Ah...to be young again.

I bookmarked the lowcarbcafe website and will register later today and of course I will use my Lobstergal nickname. I use that nickname for everything on the computer.
  #133   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-04, 09:39
Lobstergal

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by christied
Hey, Lobstergal. It was a pleasure meeting you too. And although it would have been nice to visit longer, I'm glad I got to meet your boys too! They were very sweet and gave me a little insight about you. Come around any time, I'm always happy to have company. The site Chefs moderates on is www.lowcarbcafe.com and it is a really nice site. The people there are very friendly and welcoming. Chefs moderates a cooking forum, but since I don't cook much, I usually just go in the "support" forum. Go register and introduce yourself and you will see what I mean. Hope to see you again soon!

Thanks. I appreciate that.

I like to cook when I am in the mood to do it so I might check out the
cooking forum for new ideas.

P.S. Those wraps are awesome btw. I had 2 for breakfast this morning just packed full of assorted lowcarb veggies. LOL.
  #134   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-04, 11:00
Registered Member

Glad you enjoyed them, Lobstergal. I saw your posts at the Cafe too. Nice group, eh?
  #135   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-04, 12:58

Plan: None Yet
Stats: 272/265/225 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hey all.
I'm a Hamiltonian as well.
Not to much into meeting anyone on the board (yet), but since this is only my second posting - who knows!

Peter