Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-30-04, 15:42

Plan: My own
Stats: 120/125/95 Female 4'11''
BF:
Progress: -20%
Default Stillman's Diet Challenge

Hi all? anyone interested? i plan to do it for 2 weeks. but will concentrate on making it 3 days at a time. i really need to do something with myself because right now i'm pretty pathetic- i've been a low carber for almost 5 yrs? first 3.5 were fantastic but one day i fell off the wagon and its been a long fall- 1.5 yrs. i've gained a ton of weight back and keep doing horrible things like basically eating low carb but tons of fat and calories and then giving up to turn to candy. so basically high cal, high fat, high carbs. awful, i know. anyhow, i need a kick in the rear to get me started back on the right track. i'm tired of looking at my ever expanding girth. i've done stillman's before and i know it works- i just hope i have the discipline for it.

so what do you say? what's your story?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-05, 12:00

Plan: Atkins since December 16
Stats: 149/115/120 Female 5'1"
BF:39/22/18
Progress: 117%
Default Any good sites for Stillman's

Hey there. Don't give up. Perseverence is the benefit of your reward. You have the ability and you deserve to reach your goal.

I wondered weather you knew of any good sites which explain the Stillman's Diet. I am a low carber myself but have problems with body fat percentage...not loosing weight. Also my mom wants to do low carb but she has extremely high cholesterol and her Doc says she shouldn't eat so much fat. So...I would like to find something in between...with low carb and yet some lower level of fat.

Thanks for your reply and keep up the good work!!!

JCSCHILD
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 10:28

Plan: PSMF, cycling diet
Stats: 198/198/159 Female 5ft6
BF:43/
Progress: 0%

Hello there - I plan on doing Stillmans Mondaythrough to Wednesdays - I'm carb cycling and those are my weight loss days as Stillmans always works for me.

Three days at a time is enough for me; then I usually carb up on the fourth day and have been known to drop 4lbs by the 5th day.

I don't know whether I could do weeks of it at a time though. Good Luck! I'll check in on Monday when I start my Stillman's cycle
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 12:50

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 208/165/145 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Here is the site.

http://www.lowcarb.org/stillman.html

Gives a summary of what it entails. Might be useful later on this month if nothing happens on the scale.

Michelle
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 14:30

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 225/200/130 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Wink

Good to see there are a few other people out there interested in Stillman's. For some reason I can't seem to keep my butt going on Atkin's. I give in to temptation, I say "ooh, what's 10 carbs over my limit today?" Soooo, obviously I wasn't losing weight like I should. So, I decided to see if I could stick to stillman's for a week or two. That was my goal. Just make it two weeks, then try Atkin's again and see if my willpower is upped a few notches. Other than the fact my endurance has gone through the floor, I feel fine. I'm hungry more often, but I'm eating smaller portions at each meal. Not having the fat makes things kinda blah, but otherwise I don't mind the food. I've made it a whopping 72 hours without cheating. Not to say I didn't drool over the pancakes I made the kids this morning while I eat yet another hard boiled egg. But I've dropped 3.4 lbs in the last 72 hours. That's motivation baby! I haven't seen movement like that since first starting Atkin's. I've got 40 - 45lbs to my goal so I only plan on staying on Stillman's for a few weeks then trying strict induction and see how that goes. Aren't there a few out there that cycle stillman's with atkin's? A few days on either each week? I could definitely do that Alright, for the record --------->

Stillman's Diet Challenge
Day 3 of 14
So far so good...
- 3.4 lbs

~ Cori ~
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 14:46

BF:
Default How much fat is low fat?

I just ordered the stillman's quick diet book but haven't gotten it yet. I am following the info I've gotten off the net. I know it's a low fat diet, but how low fat? What kind of percentages are we talking? I've been eating quite a few eggs, and only about half the yolks to eliminate fat but keep me from being hungry. I've been entering it all into fit day and getting about 60% fat each day. Which is far lower than my atkin's of 75-85% fat per day. I'm just not sure where to cut extra fats. I will have to try eating more lean chicken and turkey and see if that helps. That bacon in the fridge looks sooooooo good! LOL!

~ Cori ~
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-05, 10:20

BF:
Wink

Oookk, I guess I'm the only one posting here, but that's alright... Still gives me a place to reference my weight loss It's going alright. Yesterday I had horrible horrible sugar cravings. Not like the "hey, one bite of cake sounds good" It's the binging-gorge-myself-on-something-not-healthy kinda cravings. I kept wondering if I could find LC ice cream in 5 gallon buckets and if krispy kremes sold wholesale. LOL! Luckily I chowed down some chicken and sucked it up and went to the gym. After that I was too tired to really care about lifting a donut to my lips. Today it isn't so bad. I told myself I'd reward myself with a krispy kreme donut if I lost 20lbs, or maybe some chinese egg rolls.... or maybe....

~ Cori ~

Day 6 of 14
Still Going Strong
- 5.4 lbs
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 19:03

BF:

Still going alright!!!

Day 7
- 6.2lbs

I'm heading back to Atkin's land... I'll see you in a week or two!!!!!!

~ Cori ~