Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-04, 05:50

Plan: my own way...
Stats: 300/292/169 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Why I dont need cheese pizza and M&M's

Hi everyone,

I just had to write this morning. A few weeks ago I wrote a post called "I just keep cheating". To get myself back on the plan I said ok....you can only cheat on holidays for one meal. Of course Halloween is this weekend and I was planning on some cheese pizza and M&M's. I started thinking about it last night... How good the pizza would taste going down, the M&M's too. Then I realized how horrible I was going feel afterwards.Grumpy..sluggish..heartburn...I've decided to make the good choice and bank this cheat for now. I don't need it. My birthday is coming up in December. I am going to set my sights on a slice of birthday cake instead.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-04, 06:43
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

I think I like that
Quote:
you can only cheat on holidays for one meal
I usally look at allowing the whole day off. Think I will reconcider my plan. Ofcourse I think that one meal should come with a dessert.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-04, 06:53

Plan: Whole Foods (my own)
Stats: 135/127/120 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Whenever I'm tempted to cheat, I always take about 5-10 minutes and think about a) how bad I'll feel after I've done it and more importantly, b) how PROUD I'll be if I don't! I typically do a journal entry in my fitday if I've successfully overcome a craving. Or, give yourself a dollar everytime you overcome one, and then take yourself out for your favorite (legal) dinner!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-04, 07:02
Twinkle Toes

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/280/150 Female 5 feet 1 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

It's not always rainbows and butterflies
It's compromise that moves us along
(from She will be loved - Maroon 5)

Heard that song on the way to work this morning and that stanza has stuck with me since, Compromise that moves us along...you're deciding to forego your cheat till your birthday is a heck of a compromise my dear, also shows that you really are in control of the situation, being able to limit your cheat to one meal only, I admire your fortitude.

Keep on fighting the losing battle girl, you're doing a fine job so far.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-04, 07:14
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Good for you in figuring out a plan you can live with! You may even be suprised at how little of that birthday cake you'll want.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-04, 09:12

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

On holidays I just make special low carb foods. For Turkey Day I am making George Stella's punkin pie. TGI Fridays has a low carb cheese cake that is soooo good that I don't trust it. I had to eat small portions over a period of 3 days but I might ask for that for my birthday.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-04, 12:48

Stats: 161/-/120 Female 5'4"
BF:27/25/19
Progress: 37%

I make low carb pizzas (Cali-Wraps or Carb Down Flat Breads, LC tomato sauce, cheese, and veggies) and eat LC chocolate when I feel like cheating. They taste about the same to me and don't stall me... yummy!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-04, 21:57
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

I think that is a great idea. Congrats on being able to put off your "one cheat on special occasions". Chocolate cake is my favourite cake (hint hint... ). Maybe I could live vicariously through you on your birthday.

red
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-04, 22:50

Stats: 204/156/124 Female 5'1"
BF:BMI 38.5/30/23.4
Progress: 60%

Good for you! Make sure and go get a slice of delicious gourmet chocolate cake, something super decadent. Hey, my theory is if I want to splurge, it will NOT be on some cupcake made from a box mix with ready made icing on it. It will be the best dessert I can possibly imagine.

Regarding the pizza, the first bite of each slice is always the best bite. After that I always just wanted to eat the toppings even when I was a kid. Those fat laden toppings are ours for the having whenever we like! I love eating this way.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Oct-30-04, 10:32
Registered Member

Plan: genLC
Stats: // Female ni
BF:
Progress:

Kagior and the others nailed it. The first bite is the best (and won't bite you back as bad as if you ate the whole slice!)

I allowed myself a slice of cake during my office birthday party, but noticed by the third bite that it didn't taste that good anymore. What a liberation! Later when I got home, my roomies had prepared a feast for my party that night of chilled prawns, cheese wedges, chicken skewers with thai peanut sauce, deviled eggs, celery sticks with nacho cream cheese, macadamia nuts, etc.--ok, time for breakfast! Have a great day all!

A couple of weeks ago, someone (might have been you Gawdess?) was talking about m&m and pizza cravings and someone responded to make pizza casserole and eat atkins m&m's. I made pizza casserole that night and it rocked! so, to whomever was responsible for that tip, thanks!

K
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Oct-30-04, 10:37

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224.5/155/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Good for you! I don't consider Halloween a holiday - if I did, then Valentines, Sweetest Day, St. Patricks Day would also have to be included. I think only Thanksgiving, Easter, Christmas, your birthday & anniversary should be considered "holidays".