Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Oct-15-04, 12:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/146.4/138 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Way to go Walnut! Man, it is so hard to be good when everyone is celebrating. I am so impressed that you could endulge just a little but stay on track. For me, one bite and it's over, sugar will be all I can think about for a month. That's why I'm making up my mind to purge myself of sweets (even fake) and be craving free this holiday season. I just weighed in and found I gained 2lb. on LC crap food in the past two weeks (B-Day ) but no more!

Keep it up everyone!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Oct-15-04, 15:43

Plan: C:12 P:60 F:satiety
Stats: 220/177.6/142 Female 5'5
BF:0/0/0
Progress: 54%

Quote:
That's why I'm making up my mind to purge myself of sweets (even fake) and be craving free this holiday season.

yeah, i think at christmas, i'm going to make sure that there are lots of cheeses and specialty meats to snack on. i'm usually a sucker for the christmas baking, and i go waaaayyy overboard with it, and end up all moody and miserable from the carb hangover. thanksgiving wasnt too hard to deal with--i was all tanked up on turkey and tryptophan. and thanksgiving only lasts for like one day. christmas seems to last for the entire month of december for me. it's a lot harder.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Oct-24-04, 23:09

BF:

Everyone getting ready to survive Halloween?

I live in an condo that is kind of in the middle of nowhere so I don't have to do the candy thing, but if it was around I might be tempted.

Good luck everyone!
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-04, 12:31
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%

Count me in with you guys. My 33 birthday is three days before Xmas so I really need to watch it. I was good last year and I need to do the same this year.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 18:11

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 142/140/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 12%

I'd love to join! I am really good at justifying cheats for special occations. I really want to be in control of what I eat this Halloween, Christmas and New Years. I blew Thanksgiving weekend (Canadian) and ate all sorts of junk which made me go from 139 back to 145. I took me a long time to get rid of it...well I'm still not even down to 139. I do NOT want to do this for the holidays coming up. Weigh in is this week, right? I weigh in on Fridays, so I'll post then. Good luck everyone!
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 20:02

BF:

Welcome Apk and Gabrielle! We can all get through this holiday season and give ourselves the best presents of all: pride and health! (Looking great is a stocking stuffer )
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 21:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamian
(Looking great is a stocking stuffer )
hell ya!!

anyone have some ideas for lc halloween goodies? i bet meatsticks would make excellent "bloody fingers". ooh, look at these eyeballs! http://www.chembio.uoguelph.ca/unit...oss%20salad.jpg they'd be lc!
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 21:42

BF:

I just read a recipe for pumpkin bars in the recipe forum, I think it was in sweet treats. They sound devine. Not ghoulishly halloweeny, but a great fall treat. I think I'll make these at my folks' house for thanksgiving. I'm affraid to have anything that desert-like yet though. I'm trying so hard to get past the need for sweets, even LCsweets do me in 'cause I just can't stop at one serving. Sigh. Maybe some day I'll get under control.
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 10:08

BF:
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamian
I just read a recipe for pumpkin bars in the recipe forum, I think it was in sweet treats. They sound devine. Not ghoulishly halloweeny, but a great fall treat. I think I'll make these at my folks' house for thanksgiving. I'm affraid to have anything that desert-like yet though. I'm trying so hard to get past the need for sweets, even LCsweets do me in 'cause I just can't stop at one serving. Sigh. Maybe some day I'll get under control.

I was (and still occasionally) struggle with this too. I found some ways to let me enjoy LC sweets responsibly. First I only allow myself one treat per day. This way I can look forward to it and choose when I want to indulge. Second, I cut the serving(cookie, bar, fudge) into small pieces and put it on a plate. I take it to another room (bedroom, living room) and eat it piece by piece. Sometimes I'll only eat half a serving at a time, because then I can have the other half later that day...otherwise I don't allow myself any more treats for the day. Also, I never make low carb treats in big batches. I live on my own, so 2-3 serving batches is max for me. Good luck! You can do it!
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 10:12

BF:

Thanks Apk, those are some really good tips. I'll definitely try those strategies when I start working up to more options in my food choices. Right now though I'm staying nice and clean and I feel great about it so I don't want to spoil it yet.
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 14:18

desserts kind of scare me too. once i feed my sweet tooth, it's like waking up a bear from hibernation, i just want more and more and more. so sweets are sooo off limits for me. guess i'll stick to the radish/olive eyeballs! :LOL
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-04, 16:10

BF:

Guess what!

Yesterday at work there were Halloween festivities, we had a trick or treat hour, plus two huge, delicious *looking* cakes. I resisted it all! Wasn't even tempted really. Sure they looked good, but I wasn't about to put it in my mouth after how great I've been feeling about my food choices and this WOL.

I even made the mistake of mentioning how 100 Grand bars used to be my fave candy and the secratary picked a bunch out and put them on my desk. She honestly was just trying to be sweet, she's like a grandma, spoiling her grandkids. I didn't want to insult her so I just put them in my bag and took them home to my room mates. Didn't even consider eating them.

Hope everyone else is doing good for Halloween too!
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-04, 22:54

BF:
Default Survived Halloween!

Well I have survived Halloween. I didn't eat any of the treats I handed out tonight. I ate perhaps a bit too much LC tofu ice cream cake (which by the way turned out even better than I expected. Definately one of my new LC favorites!), but I guess that's better than even just one little Halloween candy. Oh yeah, and I forgot to record my weigh in on Friday, though I did do it. So, as of October 29 I am 140 lbs. My goals are >135 lbs by Christmas and by Valentines day I want to reach my goal of 125lbs. Hope the rest of you survived Halloween too!
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-04, 22:06
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Hello, all! I stayed cheat free all Halloween! Wahoo. I treated myself to a LC sundae, though. It was so yummy!

I hope you all had a fun weekend. I'm hoping I can control myself for the Thanksgiving holiday that is just around the corner.
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 16:33

BF:
Talking

My landlords had extra Trick or Treat candy and they put it in a big bowl on the kitchen table for my housemates and I. I haven't even been tempted to eat one! Maybe if they were Purdy's chocolates or truffles or something I would want one, but now those little bars don't seem so appealing. My housemates are slowly finishing them off, so soon I won't even have to look at them! Hope Halloween went well for you all!