Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-04, 19:51

Plan: Less talk, More action
Stats: 175/130/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I've gone crazy!!!
I'm so pleased with what I'm sure IS a flatter tummy, that I've just gone and ordered the next set of Winsor Dvd's!!
Buns and thighs
Abs
Resistance advanced
Upper body sculpting
This comes with some sort of resistance device!!
[my credit cards will love me next month!!]

O.k...theres a few that joined up that are AWOPilates!!! whats the story?
Where are you all?
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-04, 22:04

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwigal
I've gone crazy!!!
I'm so pleased with what I'm sure IS a flatter tummy, that I've just gone and ordered the next set of Winsor Dvd's!!
Buns and thighs
Abs
Resistance advanced
Upper body sculpting
This comes with some sort of resistance device!!
[my credit cards will love me next month!!]

O.k...theres a few that joined up that are AWOPilates!!! whats the story?
Where are you all?

You crazy woman! I am proud of you!
  #123   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 04:54

BF:

I'm mad being up so late again 11.50pm!! Have just finished another 20 minutes..thats 9/9!!! I've never been this consistent before
Tomorrow I may add a callanetic workout as well, haven't done it in years, but just got a copy of a tape..Anyone else done callanetics recently?
  #124   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 08:21

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

7/8 for me. Did the intermediate tape last night.
  #125   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 09:22
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%
Talking

I have something to share with all of you. short story:

Long ago, one my first jobs was at an exercise salon. I worked 8 hrs per shift. My job description was to get these women to sign up after an invigorating exercise class with me, to which I did 2 to 3 times per shift.

one of the other "salon tech's" tht worked there full time was a retired army nurse that was trained in yoga/pilates. she worked out these 45 minute routines that the rest of us "salon tech's" adopted. While laying on the floor doing my routine today, i realized that most of the stuff that i was incorporating into my 35 minute workout was from the old days.

my step mom had once told me, (back when i was working at this exercise salon) "this is the best you've ever looked, Lynne." I was doing 35-45 minute routines(exercise classes) about 2 to 3 times a day. In 2 mo, i had the body of a dancer. Lean, trim, firm, flexible.. no access bulk anywhere.

reason for short story? because now that i think about it, there's absolutely going to be a fantastic change in your body over the next 2 to 3 mo. And.. if you keep it up, your posture will always look good. and good posture makes you look leaner too. so..... keep it up girls, don't let it stop, dicipline yourself not to quit. you will be amazed at how good you will look in 3 mo!!!!

exercise: 35 minutes of pilates/yoga
  #126   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 09:57

Plan: general lc
Stats: 165/000/140 Female 65 inches
BF:-?
Progress: 660%

Thanks for sharing your story PilotGal. I can't wait to actually see the results. It sounds like everyone is doing great and keeping motivated. It's because of the challenge that I keep with it.
Congrats on getting hooked on piliates Kiwigal. I've been doing the bun and thigh workout lately and I love it. Boy do I notice it in my legs about 3/4 of the way through the exercises.
I'm off to do the 20 min workout and the bun and thigh workout.
Thanks for keeping me motivated !!!

Have a great workout everyone!!
  #127   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 14:35

BF:

Just what i needed to hear Pilot Gal...i hope EVERYONE reads what you said.
I've leapt out of bed this morning...[after brekky was brought to me by dh!]
And put my exercise gear on...gonna start the day with pilates and callanetics and then try and fit in another 20 mins pilates later..I told someone on this challenge, who shall remain nameless[!] that I'd do their pilates for them!
I tried being the pilates police...but had a non co operative response!! I know you'll be reading this o nameless one!! Just don't panic...I DON"T do 'name and shame"!!!!!!
  #128   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 17:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 135/119/110 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

I'm joining in late, and I'm only gonna do Pilates on my non-running days. I'm trying hard NOT to kill myself

My first day will be tomorrow. I have a video called "Pick your spot Pilates" that has 4 10 min workouts on it. Figure I can do 2 of them, and one will always be the ab one since I really need to work my abs.

I did do 25 mins of yoga today after running though, so I guess I'm a Pilates/yoga challenge girl

Sina
  #129   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 17:42

BF:
Default Ugh!

Well...I overslept this morning so had to rush out the dorr without coffee, breakfast, or pilates so I'll have to wait until my husband goes to bed so he doesn't get hysterical watching me do pilates! Now, I wonder why I overslept? Hmmmmmm!
  #130   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 21:19

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

Saw this challange and wanted to see how you were doing. I did some pilates exercises (not a tape) last Feb and was shocked that even though I only lost a few lbs I body changed dramatically (see gallery) Well, I am back to my before pic but it is because I stopped exercising and had to take a higher dose of my meds. (they are known to cause weight gain but I know I can ofset that with lc and exercise...) anyway I am going to be checking in with you and doing pilates as often as possible!!!! Keep it up everyone!
  #131   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 21:37

BF:

We ALL need to be checked up on!! WELCOME!
Good to hear/see that Pilates actually DOES work...most of us seem to be enjoying it as well, it's certainly not TOO hard on the body, and less likely to cause injury.
Good luck and we all look forward to hearing from you..progress reports that are positive..WE LIKE!!
  #132   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 22:33

BF:
Smile

Hello preteach3! The first time I did my Pilates for Dummies weight loss dvd I walked away disapointed! I didn't even ache! Well, the next morning I was sitting at the computer when suddenly I sneezed! At that moment I felt those pilates because my muscles were suddenly on fire! I sure am glad you are joining us!
  #133   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 05:08

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

8/9 for me - but the scale is turning on me. Ate clean yesterday, drank 80 oz water, walked briskly 4 miles and did the intermediate tape last night but STILL looks like I gained 1.5 pounds overnight --aaaaargh. Sometimes I just don't know what else to do.
  #134   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 05:20
fierce!

Plan: TGDW
Stats: -/-/- Female 64
BF:
Progress: 73%
Smile New workout arrived

I just received my new DVD: "Classical Pilates Technique: The Complete Magic Circle Mat Series." Imagine doing Rollovers, Single Leg Stretches, Leg circles, Corkscrew, Swan, Saw, etc., with a band between your arms or legs!

I watched the whole thing through while I ironed last night and will give it a try tonight.
  #135   ^
Old Wed, Oct-27-04, 11:15
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

Hiya Ladies. I was not able to do Pilates or any exercise for that matter due to getting some tests done and breif hospital Endoscopy. Doc just told me to give it another day or so before returning to bending all around,LOL. Had the biopsy today and will have results in a few days.. All looked good tho so Im soo happy. Don't think I left you marvelous ladies Im still here and will be bending right along with ya starting Friday.. Have a wonderful day everyone.
Angel