Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-20-04, 14:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/181/140 Female 5 inches 2 centimeters
BF:
Progress:
Default I need a friend-started induction again 8 days ago!!!

Anybody out there in the same boat. Married, gained 15 lbs with each child-I have four . Nothing else has worked. Started Atkins 2 months ago, cheated while on induction, and now I've started again. So far I've lost 6lbs!! ...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-20-04, 17:07

Plan: 40-30-30
Stats: 205.5/201.5/185 Female 5'5"
BF:48%/47%/20%
Progress: 20%
Default buddy time!

hey I'll be your buddy. I started at about the same time and am only about 10 pounds heavier than you.

I've never had kids, but I'm hypothyroid so I've had my own body alteration struggles.

How's it going so far? I'm experimenting with l-carnitine and find that I have a lot more energy.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-04, 08:18

BF:
Progress:
Default Yeah, Induction!!!!

Hi,
I'm thrilled to have a buddy. So far so good. This is day 9 of the re-start. I originially started induction about 2 months ago, then fell off, and I'm back again. I cheated with some chocolate chip cookies my husband brought home 2 days ago. Since then I'm back on, exercised, did an extra water, weighed myself today, and ...I have lost 10lbs. It is sooo good to see the 70's again. I had totally given up. I thought, "Well, my body just loves this weight." I'm sticking to Atkins, and viola ten pounds lighter. I cannot believe it.
How about you. What's going on, sticking to it, having trouble, tempted? What type of exercising are you doing? When do you think you will get off of induction and move onto the next phase?

daroyalle4
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-04, 09:33

Plan: general lc
Stats: 165/000/140 Female 65 inches
BF:-?
Progress: 660%

Hi, you sound just like me. Only I have 3 kids.
I've restarted a couple times, I'm sure alot of people have. (Actually I'm just restarting again.) Finding it a little harder to get regoing again this time.
Congrats on the weight loss so far !! You're doing great. Just keep focusing on that, it's great motivation.
Good luck.
(start a journal. You'll find lots of people stop by to offer encouragement and support)
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-04, 10:44

BF:
Progress:

Hello Talla,
Thanks for being my buddy . How are you doing on the plan. Atkins is working wonderfully for me. I have finally finished the "blah" phase. I actually feel good. I've been up since 5 and still running strong without "Starbucks". I want to finish Induction and start the next phase. How old are your kids? Mine are 10, 9. 6 and 4. Two older boys and my two girls are the youngest. Have you planned out your dinner tonight? What has been your favorite new low carb recipe? Mine, steak and cheese salad.
If you have some good induction breakfast recipes let me know.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-04, 15:33

Hi.
My kids are 11, 12, and 13. Oldest is a girl, then 2 boys. I'm definately finding it alot harder restarting this time. I was doing so well, I can't believe I blew it. Breakfast is hard because I can't stand to look at eggs anymore. Today I had a hamburger pattie with a bit of melted cheese. (I have to watch how much cheese I eat because it causes me to stall). Dinner will be sausages and salad. They have a great mock mashed potatoes receipe here made out of mashed cauliflower. Even my kids like it. If you don't have it let me know and I'll pass it along. It's worth a try.(good)
Have a great day!!!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-04, 18:15

BF:
Progress:

Alright, I must admit, my husband came home and suggested "Carry-out". Which I love because I do not have to cook. But I stuck to Atkins. I ordered Barb-Q ribs (4) and french fries. I went to Atkins.com, and found out that barb-Que sauce is only 4 carbs, and french fries is only 9 carbs. Since I only ate tuna with mayo and a sprinkle of cheese for breakfast, I am assuming it is ok. I had 20 carbs for the day, so 13 doesn't hurt, even though it's from a restaurant...right????
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-04, 08:40

Hi.
It doesn't matter how many carbs you get from one meal, it's the day's total that counts - Congrats on not going overboard while eating takeout.
"mmmm", I haven't had ribs for ages.
I hope you have a great day today! Keep motivated!!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-04, 18:58

hey girls i'm restarting induction tomorrow. i had a cheat to see if i would feel better -- alas, i did not.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-04, 09:20

Hope you have a great weekend !!!
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Oct-24-04, 22:29

hey ladies -- hmm. i restarted induction myself this weekend and had migraines two days in a row. i also had several migraines when i was doing induction strictly for 10 days. i think this might be because i'm on an ssri antidepressant for migraines, and my brain might need some more carbs for the ssri to be effective.

so -- i am upping my carbs to an experimental 60 carbs/day to see if i can lose weight _and_ avoid migraines. however, even at the higher amount, i have lost another half pound. perhaps instead of 'burning fat', i will just be reducting calories this way; not sure how the science of fat burning is affected. i'll let you know how it goes.

i'm planning to spend my extra carbs mostly on extra portions of vegetables, and still avoid sugars and grain products.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-04, 08:40

BF:
Progress:

Are the weekends extremely hard for anyone besides me? I had done so well, then Saturday-boom! We went over my mother-in-laws house. I had about 3 screwdrivers, then we had Checkers for dinner, and I didn't take the bun off. Sunday, we went to an all-you-can-eat buffet- so I wouldn't have to cook, and I enjoyed 'all-you-can-eat-carbs. I also loaded up on fruits. I was so close to finishing induction this time. I just miss milk, and grapes, and crackers. Do you guys think I should try the south beach diet?????
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-04, 09:17

Hi, I find weekends the hardest. The kids are home from school, hungry all day. Friday nights is their rent a movie night so I usually pick them up a couple snacks ( need to find some low carb ones ) And also I'm out of the house more, grocery stores and malls (gotta love those food courts !)
I haven't read the SB diet but I see alot of people here are having success with it. If those extra carbs are the ones you're having problems with it could be worth a try.
Have a great day!!!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-04, 09:21

Bookgurl99.
60 carbs is still alot less than what we used to eat. As long as you stay away from sugar and white flour I think you'll do great. I had bad headaches when I first go on induction, this last time isn't as bad, so I'll bet the migraines are from not enough carbs. Remember to drink lots of water, it helps!!
Have a great day!!!
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-04, 12:12

BF:
Progress:
Default That mean, ole, nasty object called the scale....

I'm still unsure, but I really am considering the SB diet. I popped a few crackers in my mouth before I checked this thread. I'm not sure if I'm craving them or if I'm just tired of Induction. I want to add some carbs, but I am afraid of the scale.