Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 08:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/201/145
BF:
Progress: -12%
Default A little disappointed

I am a little disappointed. I got on the scale this morning and I did not lose anything this week. I kept my carbs down, drank tons of water, did not eat much salt. I started exercising so I hope that is the reason.

I did however lose 1" overall since 1/9/01. My clothes are a little looser, but I was hoping for more weight loss. I am using Fitday.com and it looks like I am ok. I will write in my journal again. Maybe someone has another idea. I am going to buy a digital scale today. I think my old - 7 years, is just too old!

Gilta
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 08:30

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 195/195/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Hi Gilta

You may be losing inches, instead of weight now. I know it get's frustrating. Shirley
  #108   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 08:48
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%

Gilta:

Do not be too disappointed, this same thing happened to me, I was not loosing for three weeks, no movement on the scale, but I lost 6 1/2", then this week I lost 1 1/2 pounds (FINALLY). Sometimes I think when we start exercising our body will lose inches before it will shed some of the weight.

I also bought digital scales so I can see an accurate reading, even if its just 1/2 pound loss I want to know.

Don't give up, your doing great.

Last edited by sunshine2 : Wed, Jan-23-02 at 08:59.
  #109   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 11:47

Stats: 230/136/145 Female 5'8.5"
BF:33.95/24.51/20
Progress: 111%

Shirl... Glad you're back on track...doesn't it feel good when we know we're taking care of ourselves and our bodies :-)
I think trying some of the recipes is a great idea...otherwise...it's so easy to get bored. I must say that when I added the Artichoke and spinach dip to my food....wow...that got me through some difficult times. Does have cream cheese and other cheeses in it...but, it was really good! I just don't have it all the time. It sounds like you're doing well...good for U!
Ahhh to be in the 170's again...that would be really, really nice!

Gilta... the exercise effects the scale...so, get prepared. I noticed that big time. However, the inches go down much quicker and you fit into smaller clothes much quicker...so, it's worth it....don't despair. Speaking of that...Congratulations
on your 1" loss since 1/9/01. The fact that your clothes are looser says a lot more than the scale!!!!!

Sunshine2...I'm still amazed at your 6.5 inches lost...that's totally awesome! I wasn't real great at exercising the last 3 weeks (only exercised 2 times a week) and I'm paying the price. The inches lost this month were nominal. However, I do know that it will get better as I resume my 4 - 6 time a week workout schedule. In fact, the scale may have gone down a little quicker because I wasn't working out as much (yikes)...oh well, I'll deal with whatever the results are. I am just really happy that I can wear a size 12 jeans again. They are a little tight...but, wow! at my weight, I wouldn't have expected them to fit at all. It's got to be the result of 3 months of weight training 4 - 6 times a week...that stuff is really powerful. So, here's my commitment, I've already done my lower body workout today, and I'm committing to exercise at least 2 more times this week for a total of 4 workouts.

Everyone have a nice day. And thanks for being on the bb...you gals are an inspiration for me
  #110   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 14:12
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for everyone's support. I really appreciate it. I guess I will have to take it all in stride. As long as I continue to lose something, I will be ok.

Cher, I can't imagine being in a size 12 anytime too soon. I am vertically challanged at 5'2" so I spread out a little more! My goal is to be a size 12 by July. I am a size 16w right now....

Thanks again and I am heading to the gym after work.

Gilta
  #111   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 08:29
Registered Member

BF:
Default Scale's

Ok, I need all of your advice. I went and bought a digital scale. It shows I weigh more than the scale I started with by about 3 lbs. Should I just bite the bullet and up my profile or should I wait until I match the weight the other scale is saying/??

Help!
  #112   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 08:36
OSU Cowboy Fan

Gilta:

the choice is yours, I will tell you what I did, I bought my new digital scales, and of course they were different than the scales I was weighing on at the gym, so I just changed to what my scales said and started weighing on them in the morning, without clothes (saves a few pounds this way). And yes, I had to "up" my profile, but guess what, I got to celebrate my loss all over again.

But if you don't want to change your profile, just leave it as is and you'll get there, or you can change your profile, and we'll celebrate your loss with you when you have to change it back down.

It really doesn't matter, whatever you want to do.
  #113   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 11:41
Pending Member

Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Hello

How are my buddies doing? I haven't been on line until today and glad to see that everyone is doing great.

Sunshine WOW 6 1/2 inches that is great. Keep up the great work. I need to measure myself and start looking at inches instead of weight. I am keeping the same weight but my clothes are getting looser. I have a beautiful Easter dress a size 12 and working hard to get in it.

Wow! and 1 inch all over that is great. I also bought a new scale and it was the same as my doctor and my old one hit the dust about a year ago and I just didn't want to see how big I got. Now I only get on it once a week because I hate to see the scale goes up and down .

Cher, Wow! a size 12 that is wonderful. You have inspire me to get started exercising every day. I walk a mile but now I will start and exercise regiment. Thanks!!!!!

Well I go for now everyone have a great day.
  #114   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 08:03
Registered Member

BF:
Default Hope all is well

I have promised myself I will not get on the scale until next Wed. That way I can be surprised, hopefully, with a weight loss.

I wish I could get into a size 12! Unfortunately not for a while. My goal is a 12 by July. I think I should be able to make it.

Do you guys have any specific goals you are working towards besides how much you weigh? Donna, I know you are working towards a 12 for your easter dress. Anyone else?

How is the valentine's day goal going? I still have 6 more to go....

Gilta
  #115   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 09:25
OSU Cowboy Fan

my goal was to loose 10 pounds by Valentines day, I started out at 196, as of last Monday I weighed 194, so I still have 8 pounds to go. But it ain't over yet........The first week I started, I only saw a 1/2 pound loss, but then last week I saw a 1.5 pound loss, so things are starting to happen, and I will know more on Monday. I'm tweaking my menu around to find out what works best. I do have a goal to get in a 12 by this summer as well, right now I'm in a 14, and sometimes 16, but mostly 14. Today wearing a pair of jeans that are 14 and they fit great.

If I don't lose 10 pound by Valentines day, I should be close, and I will make the 10 pounds by the end of February or by the beginning of March. So I'm not going to get too upset over it, at least I'm making some progress.
  #116   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 10:41

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hey.....

Looks like everyone is doing GREAT!! And that is so good to see!

Because I'm just completing my second week of BFL, it's hard for me to set a weight goal. I don't know yet the effects muscle building will have on my loss...so.....my goal is pretty simple. It's to complete the 12 weeks of BFL and see where that takes me! I've also discovered that it doesn't pay me to set weight loss goals since my body is going to do what it's going to do. I'll just keep on keeping on with following Atkins and I KNOW that eventually, I'll get there! That's good enough for me.

Marlaine
  #117   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-02, 07:48
Pending Member

Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Smile Goal

Gilta, my goal is to get down half way by my birthday in July.
But, I am like Marlianne I am starting a workout program and I have no idea how it is going to affect my lost. So, my new goal is just to feel great and be happy with myself for finally getting healthy.
  #118   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-02, 14:41

Stats: 230/136/145 Female 5'8.5"
BF:33.95/24.51/20
Progress: 111%

Hi everyone, I'm so glad that I'm able to come to this site and that there are people that I can share my challenges and successes with. It's a lot easier when you don't have to do this alone!

donnaj...my birthday is july 8th... when is yours? Wouldn't it be funny if we were on the same day :-) That's great that you're walking a mile a day...that's pretty impressive! I wish I could get into that habit. I know per the Nike saying "Just Do It"...but, wow it hard to start. I do know that weight training is more effective when you do cardio exercises...so, I need to work on that.

Marlaine...I'm also doing weight training...and it seems to make it difficult to see the progress on the scale...but, it's definitely visable in terms of the inches. I just hope it get's rid of the flab

Sunshine2...don't worry we will make it! we still have almost a month before Valentine's day...and you're right, if we don't make it by then, we'll make it by February or March. But, I bet you we will look a lot smaller by Valentine's day
(YeY all of us)!

Gilta...I set measurement goals that I hope to achieve at the end of one year :-) I know that seems a long ways away but, I'm working with Joyce Vedral's weight training program...and I started at an easy...slow pace...it gets harder every 3 months. She's says that after one year you'll have an entirely new body...so, we'll see what happens. The last few weeks have been tough with the fibromyalgia...but, I'm still committed to seeing this through. P.S., the only reason I probably fit into a size 12 is the combo of the weight training plus I'm 5' 8 1/2 (tall girl here...smile)
  #119   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 07:22
Registered Member

BF:
Default Tomorrow is weigh in!

Tomorrow is weigh in and I am a little nervous. I decided to take sunshine's advice and to just start using the new scale. I will keep using that through out. I know my actual weight will be higher, but hopefully I lost!

Anyone else weighing in tomorrow?

Gilta
  #120   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 10:07
OSU Cowboy Fan

Default bad me

Well, actually my weigh in date are on Mondays, but because of my carb attack this weekend, I chose not to weigh in yesterday, I knew I would be too disappointed with the scales, and just couldn't face that disappointment. But I started back on the induction yesterday, and I finally got on the scales this morning, and I'm up 1/2 pound, scales read 194.5.

I am going to weigh in again on Thursday and see what I've actually lost for the month, and I'm also going to measure again.

I was hoping to be out of the 190's by this month, but again, I'm still here. I looked on my log, and I reached 199 in September of 2001. Geeze how long is it going to take me to reach 189? I do have to admit, that I have had some obstacles from September thru December that played some part in me not losing, a 7 day cruise in September, Thanksgiving, Xmas, Anniversary, etc. So I can't say I've been faithful to my WOE since September, so I only have myself to blame for the sloooooow weight loss. But, its a new year, no holidays to deal with, and summer is around the corner (and my trip to Acapulco in 45 days ) So, I'm thinking, next month could be the month I reach the 180's.........yippie.