Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-20-01, 17:37

Plan:
Stats: 203/122/128
BF:
Progress:

Was the site having problems again today? I've finally noticed that my postings from earlier today aren't showing up?? lmbo guess I need some sleep cause I was really puzzeled why my replies weren't up when I was "sure" I had just answered this question or comment. But I finally........ caught on lol.

Anyone else having that problem?

Tinakaye
203/127/128
http://tinabelle.tripod.com/lowcarb.html
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-20-01, 17:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking

tina, i didn't notice any problems, but YAAAYY!!! your site's back up. how'd that come about? that must be such a relief to you. i'm so glad that it's back up and running. you have to have somewhere to post all your pics from your visit to N.Y.!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-20-01, 18:19
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Exclamation problems with postings

hi Tinakaye,

I've had troubles off and on too, actually am having some problems today. Really sl-o-o-ooooow opening messages, then get an error page. I lost a reply too, had to use the back button on my browser, then refresh the expired page before I could get it to submit.

I've determined for me anyway, the problem is with my browser, not the site. I've had a couple "freeze and crash" incidents in the last couple days, and I think it may have screwed up some Internet Explorer files. This happened a few weeks ago, so I reinstalled IE, and the problem went away. It's worth a shot?

And hooray about your site back up!! I KNEW they'd see the error in their ways! ..

Doreen
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-20-01, 19:57

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Thanks guys, Im just glad its back up and I don't have to stress over it now!

My posts were completely going through with no error messages and then poof they were gone when I came back a few hours later? Odd

Tinakaye
203/127/128
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-20-01, 21:35
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Tinakay,

I didn't notice any problems in our logs.

Heres are a few thoughts:

If there's a problem posting, an error message will show up. There are two kids of errors: 1. If you forget to type a subject line in new threads, it'll ask you to press the back button and fille required fields. 2. Internal errors, it'll give MYSQL... LINE: ABC etc.

If the posts go through, it'll take you to your post and you'll see it. Did it take you to the new message you posted, and later on you couldn't find them?

OR: Are you sure they're gone? The forum will move newer threads to the top, and shows the name of last member who replied. Would it be possible it's burried in older threads?

However, if in fact something was lost, I'd like you to help me out with some details if this ever happens again: Let me know what time, and what's your time zone. And let me know which forum, which thread you posted to. This should help me find where in the log this hapened and what's the new post number. From there I can trace the problem further.

#6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-21-01, 19:17

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

<hanging head in shame> Okay im a moron lol Im always in a hurry and open up multiple windows at a time. and as soon as I see the page that says "we are taking you back to your post" then I close it......... guess I have to wait eh? lol man im a moron sometimes!!!

Tinakaye
203/127/128