Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-02, 17:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/245/180
BF:
Progress: 28%
Question Does Anyone Use Tony Gazelle's Glider?

I was wondering if anyine uses the Glider, I'm thinking of buying one, it looks like it would be fun to use,it says that you can burn 1000 calories an hour, I don't really believe that BUT, I need exersice and don't really want to go walking around my neighborhood. Can't go to the gym, TO FAT.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-02, 17:43
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Not sure if it's the same, I found a very cheap machine at Wall-Mart 3 years ago called the Aerotech Glider. I think it was $49 or $59 Canadian.

It's quite durable, and it' really works your low-body, pretty intense.

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-02, 16:34

Plan: not sure
Stats: 167/154/140
BF:
Progress: 48%

I purchased the gazelle last week, and it was delivered last night to my home. I will let you know how it works after I have had a few weeks with it. If you are interested in purchasing it, I found the lowest price on the web at WalMart.com. I purchased the gazelle "as seen on tv" for $198.00 plus $20.00 in shipping. It came complete w/ heart monitor, video, etc. I am very excited. I thought about a treadmill but spring is close by and I can walk outside. The gazelle attracted me because it looked fun, variety of exercise, and tones more muscle groups. Anyway, I will post again when I can tell you how well it actually works.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 19:18

BF:

Okay, so today is only day three with my new Gazelle but I am just too excited not to report back. I love it. This purchase was a great investment. Everyone who has gotten on the machine has fallen in love with it. My sister and her boyfriend don't come over to visit anymore they come to ride the Gazelle. I highly reccomend this particular piece of equipment to anyone. You will not get a six pack with it or have a sculpted body if that is your goal. But I want to look lean and tone and this machine is an excellent asset to my new WOL. It is easy on the joints and even my boyfriend who was literally broken in half at age 20 can ride on it comfortably. I ride the Gazelle every morning before work and I feel great.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 08:35

Plan: General
Stats: 272/265/240 Female 5'4"
BF:alot of it!
Progress: 22%

Does this get your heart rate up and going? I'm looking for something other than my treadmill for the high intensity interval training on Body for Life.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 20:11

BF:

Yes, it is excellent for getting your heart rate up. According to the manual, for my age, my target heart rate should be around 100. This is easily achievable. You get what you put into the machine because you are using your own body for resistance, however the machine was so well developed that the workout is "comfortable". It is so much fun to do, much more exciting than walking in place. It keeps your interest by doing various exercises so you are not bored. And it is easy on the joints and the rest of your body. Plus if you purchase it from Wal-Mart.com like I mentioned earlier it is not a huge financial investment. Oh, and by the way, it folds up so if your limited to space it can easily be stored. By the way, can you give me an overview of what body for life is and how it works? I have heard it mentioned other places on the website and I am really curious. I went to the website for it but I was unable to gather any real good information on the program.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 21:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/176/140 Female 5ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 62%

I just purchased the gazelle as well, i use it everyday.I hate to workout but enjoy this! I find it easy on my joins and you go at your own pace..i like the fact that it tells you the calories you burn! I do it for 30-40 minutes every day, and will burn between 300-500 cal..it varies depending on my energy level...hahaha, which after chasing 15 toddlers around a classroom tend to be low at night!