Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-14-01, 11:34
lizzy38

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy RAIN UGH DEPRESSED

Well I had the stuff all typed out and this darn think kicked me out.
Here I go again:
Woke up at 4:30a.m. and heard the rain "ugh".
Fed the cat before he attacked me, made lunch for hubby and saw him out the door. Raining still "ugh", stripped the bed so I wouldn't get back in it lol, started the washing machine, dusted, vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen and bath, rain "ugh". Gave my pooches a treat, got my jogging outfit on (don't jog just walk lol) and still rain "ugh". I don't mind the rain but I wish Mother Nature would stop screwing up my days. It can rain at night for my gardens and grass, but when daylight appears I want sunshine, (Mother Nature is going to get me for saying this I'll bet lol). I had so much planned for this week, (1) finishing my herb garden (2) planting more flowers) (3) making my hanging moss baskets (3) digging up my garden so I can plant my swiss chard, spinach, lettuce, peppers, celery, green onions, spaghetti squash and others. (4) finish trimming my hedges (5) And while out early this morning bought another dwarf fruit tree. needs to be planted (6) I sanded down the front concrete steps leading from my front door and ready to paint but ugh rain. (7) and on and on more things I want to do outside.
So back to the main reason for this thread. Daylight hit and guess what still "ugh" rain. Well this type of weather sometomes can play havoc with me, put my jacket on and out the door I started to go while Paddy my in your face love pushed his way through and right to the car. Shadow my 9 yr. old cocker spaniel just looked at me and went back to sleep lol. Felt depressed and off I was going to the coffee shop for a cappachino and banana bread. On the way I passed Tim Horton's and my car swerved in, went in ordered a med. coffee and here it goes (6 timbits please).
Got in the car and opened my coffee started to drive and took a bite of one of the timbits with Paddy looking at me in her funny way. I drove down towards the border to zero Ave. which is only a skip and a jump away, went along zero Ave. up the road towards Aldergrove Regional Park and low and behold Paddy recognized the park and in her begging voice was calling out to me turn in Mom turn in and so I did. Let her out dumpped the rest of the timbits in the garbage and kept my coffee and away we went in the rain "still ugh" on the trail. I bet every bunny must have been out because Paddy just went crazy through the woods. Did only half of the 8 km. trail "still rain ugh" So I guess the moral of this story is "Take dog with you while going to coffee shop and drive past known park" lol
P.S. Got on the scale this morning and gained 4 lbs. that was before the bite into the timbit lol. Contributed too the rain depression also. Don't want those extra 4 lbs. shucks. Remembered now haven't really drank enough water this weekend "Sat. and Sun" didn't really eat that much. I have a tendency to forget eating when I'm working outside. The only thing that I ate which I shouldn't have was dessert at Bruce's Mom's place on Mother's Day. His sister made the dessert and she was proud of it and only had a little bit. I didn't eat the rice, corn or the peas she made. Gobbled up all the left over salad and ate only the meatballs not the rest of the breaded meat. Didn't even have red wine or coffee, took my own big bottle of club soda instead. But "sorry for whinning" still 4 lbs. hmmmmmmmmm.

All in all had a good Mother's Day weekend and hope everyone else did also.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-14-01, 17:17

Plan:
Stats: 250/239/150
BF:
Progress:

Can you send some of that rain to Calgary? It is really really dry here. We have a fire ban on in the City and surrounding areas. Our grass is an ugly brown with green specks.

I noticed you are from Vancouver. I have been there a couple times and I loved it! I didn't want to come home! (especially loved the ferry ride over to Victoria!)

Hope you got your planting done after all the rain

Rilee
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-14-01, 17:22

Plan:
Stats: 250/239/150
BF:
Progress:

Maybe I should pay closer attention to where people are from! Boy do I feel dumb!

Didn't realize that you just posted that today either...so I don't suppose you would have your planting done since it's probably still raining!!!

So I'll rephrase everything and instead say...After all the rain I hope you finish all your planting!

I think I'll go do some 'rebounding' and get some oxygen to my brain!

Rilee
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-14-01, 21:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Default Hey, Lizzy!!!

Send in the chorus: all together now!

RAIN UGH!!!!

I'm so glad to see someone else on this board besides me moaning about the rain!!! Isn't it awful!!!

I know the grass needs it, but I don't.

UGHHH!!!

Rachel
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-14-01, 22:01

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 244/224/130 Female 5' 3" (should be 6'3")LOL
BF:
Progress: 18%

Rain ? what is rain?
I live in the Sahara I think. The only thing growing in my yard are the grubs. Little buggers get my grass every year. Thats it I am going to cement the whole darn thing! that will teach them!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-14-01, 22:02
lizzy38

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Wink Hi Rilee

Hi There:
Would love to send you some rain. I know I'm bitching about the rain but really to tell the truth this is the most rain we have had in a month so they said on the news. To-morrow rain then changing in the afternoon. We are going to get better weather as the week goes on, so I'm looking forward to it. I'll wake up to-morrow morning mind you just one more time and stick my tongue out at Mother Nature. (I'm pushing it, she just might get revengeful lol). On the serious side I do hope you guys get rain soon as I realize how dangerous this type of heatwave can be. We have had some nice days but me I'm waiting for the temperture to get past 15 celcius and stay there. Mind you we don't have enough water in reserve if we have a dry summer and we will be put on water restriction. Wednesday I will be busy with elections from 7:3o a.m. till 9 p.m. but I hope to be outside on Thurs. as long as Mother Nature has a short memory and doesn't remember what I said or did to her lol.
P.S. I'm going for the gusto: Blame Mother Nature for the 3 capachinno's I had to-day just to keep form getting under the covers and vegetating, lol. Back to being a good girl to-morrow.

Lizzy
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-14-01, 22:20
lizzy38

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
Wink Hi Shelley

Ok guys I'll try not to complain about the weather but just one more time ""UGH""" I don't like rain in the daytime just night lol. OK shush up Lizzy. Shelley, one of my daughters also complained about the grubs when talking to me this weekend. I have one for you: when I moved out here 11 yrs. ago from Acton, Ontario and experienced the first summer I was completely taken aback by the enormous slugs we have out here. I actually thought they had a special growing compound in this earth, that is how big they are another """UGH""". Shucks I better quit this ugh or I'm never going to live it down. By the way don't cement grass is so much softer on the bare feet. I better get something straight so that you all know that I love it out here no matter what. Love the summers without the humidity and I sure do enjoy not having to shovel snow. I just go up to Whistler and enjoy the snow and leave it there. Ok got to cover all my tracks I also love Ontario and miss the four seasons and believe it or not do I ever miss the fall fairs, and I miss going up to Perry Sound to go fishing, ummmmm bass, pike and walleye.

Take care
Lizzy