Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 21:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169/153/120 Female 62"
BF:Start38%
Progress: 33%
Question Countdown to 125 anyone?

Hi,
Is anyone out there in 160's trying to get to 127. I'd like to find someone with same stats, age 45. Hope to hear from you.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 10:57

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Hey Ruby!

I am pretty close. I am 42, currently at 158 and going down to 130 or so. I have lost 35 pounds so far and hoping to hit goal by April which is about 5 pounds a month.

#3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 13:24

Default countdowwn to 130

Hi Agonycat!
This is Ruby. Congratulations! You've made my day. I'm so inspired by you that I'm going to get going. It's my second time around. I went down to 145 from 169 last year and have regained to 162. So now must decide to do it once and for all. I'll start my journal tomorrow. Your reply is just what I need. I'm not sure if you got my last post, I tried to send it via personal message but it wouldn't work. Have a Happy New Year.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 14:02

Ruby you need 25 posts before the private messages kick in, so just keep posting

I was a bit remiss in following the diet during the holidays so I am back to induction levels as of today, plus I started working out.

Hopefully the last 28 pounds will vanish as easily as the first 35 did If you need anything just let me know.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 10:21

Okay Ruby where ya at?

I am down 3 pounds since last week. How are you making out?
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 11:38

Smile where I'm at

Hey Agonycat!
Today is Day 4 of Induction and I'm at 157lbs!!! I cheated on Day 1. I have Huge!! cravings in the evening. But hey! That's 5lbs. in 3 days! I can't complain.

Hope it keeps up. Good luck and keep me posted.
Bye,
Ruby
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-02, 10:33
Registered Member

Stats: 167/159/125
BF:
Progress: 19%
Smile

I'm a bit above your age (55) but don't think of it like that. I'm trying to lose from 167 to 125. I really need some buddies. I'm starting the induction today if I can get the book today. If not I'll get it tommorow. Can I please join your little buddy group?
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-02, 15:15
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 164/146/125
BF:
Progress: 46%

Hey! I'm on a countdown to 125 too. From 164. I'm down to about 155 now, started on 01/07/02. It's great to know who's in the same ball park with start and goal weights. Now I know to watch out for you guys, including you Piglet! I'm sure they'll be your buddies, and so will I. How are things going for you all now? I'm loving this diet. Never felt better, never felt less hungry. Good to hear from you all!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-02, 14:58

Plan: Atkins OWL + PP Phase II
Stats: 160/142/130
BF:?%/25.6%/20%
Progress: 60%
Talking Countdown to 125, love to join!

I'm at 152 (down from 160, kinda slow loser ) But I'd love to join your quest to get to 125! I'm shooting for a healthy 130 by my wedding date of June 29 but if I could get in a buddy group for additional support, I think it would really help. It's only 5 months away

I've been debating whether or not to stay in Induction. I lost 8 pounds in the first 2 weeks while on Induction but my clothes are still fitting better everyday. I've started to add 5 more carbs per day so I'm allowing myself up to 25/day. Haven't thrown myself out of ketosis yet so I think I'm doing great!

I'm going to try to start on an exercise program and I'm going to use a brisk daily walk as my main workout. Then I'm planning on adding some weight training. Right now, my muscles are all pooped out as I must still be in a transitioning period.

I've started a journal to help me see how I'm doing and to keep me on the right track. I'm anxious to see my improvement as time goes on.

I hope this Countdown to 125 group really gets going because I need all the encouragement I can get!

Thanks everyone,

Annie G.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-02, 05:48
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

I finally got the book last night. I am going to the grocery store on Saturday and making that my first day. It will be nice to have others to talk to about what is going on.

Annie it sounds like you are doing great! Hope it works as well for me. My clothes are awfully tight and I'm not buying bigger.

Janet
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-02, 11:32

Default Re: The book

I got my long awaited book last night too. My Atkins order finally arrived. I'm skipping the bars but using the shakes. I figured that eating the bars 1x per day may have been slowing my fat loss. We'll see next month if it really helped. I'm on day 19 now and I'm at 25 grams of carb a day. I'm thinking of keeping at 25 grams for a while since I feel a ton better at 25 than when I was at 20. Again, I'll see next month if it makes a difference for me.

Talking about pants, I was so excited yesterday since I was able to wear another pair that I bought when I was at 160. They were the same size as my other "fat" pants, but were tight when I tried them on at home. I can't believe I stopped trying on pants at the store because I tired of the looks from those tiny girls at the Dressing room. So I'd buy and return. Well, I refused to return the "fat" pants for "fatter" pants so I just kept them in the closet. But yesterday I actually fit in them and they weren't tight!

I measured myself this morning and now I'll be able to see if I'm losing fat. My weight hasn't changed much but I've always been very muscular and I think I'm getting more muscle in place of fat. Which is fine by me but it'll make my goal weight harder to acheive. Oh well. I'll be happy if I can fit into my favorite jeans that I had to stash away almost 2 years ago.

I'm going to the cabin this weekend and I think I'll dig out my snowshoes and go for a hike. That always gets my blood pumping!

Talk to you all on Monday. There's no web access where I'm going!

Annie G.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-02, 07:27
Registered Member

BF:

Annie- Hope you had a great weekend. I made it through my first day just fine. I found a great chicken recipe from the lc recipe section and made that for dinner last night. It was great.
Today is day two and is starting off well.

Janet
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 09:24

Talking Re: Survived the weekend!

I survived my weekend in the sticks. And as a bonus, I lost 3 more pounds!!! I thought I gained weight because of my monthly visitor and I had a couple drinks this weekend but I followed my new Atkins books and I lost weight! Can you tell I'm excited. I'm up to 30 carbs per day now and I'm in my 4th week of Atkins. I'm looking for my CCLL or whatever and I'm hoping it's a reasonable number. So far so good though.

Keep up the great work everybody! I'm having a snack.

Annie G.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 05:54
Registered Member

BF:

Annie-
Glad you had a good weekend.
I just looked at you stats and it is such an inspiration. This post came just when I was at a point of wondering if it would work and thinking about giving up. Then I saw that you had lost down to the 140's in 4 weeks. That gave me encouragement. Thank you!
Janet
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 10:31

Smile RE: Janet

Janet -

Don't give up! Just when I think I'm not doing Atkins right, I just look back at my book or I log in here and read the success stories. For me, I need to see other's struggles and successes to keep me going too. If it wasn't for this group, it would be terribly hard for me to keep going. The constant pressures from all the high-carbers is rough. Trust me. My fiance just whipped up a batch of white chocolate macadamia cookies last night and they certainly weren't low carb. It was hell on earth, that smell was so delicious. You know what I did. I broke open the fridge and whipped up some deviled eggs. He looked at me and said "what did you fart or something?" I said "no, and I'm sorry that my deviled eggs don't smell as great as your cookies." I giggled to myself and thought that I'm doing this for me.

I'm the one that wants to feel better about my body. I'm in control of what I put in it. If I put good stuff in it, the bad stuff will come off. Oh it was hard to resist those damn cookies. But I went grocery shopping for low carb ingrediants and I'm going to make some low carb desserts to help me in my struggle. Of course, I was in need of some chocolate after smelling those cookies for hours. I had to settle with half of an Atkins chocolate shake, but it worked til bedtime. I'm not going to tell you that for me everyday is perfect and everyday I'm at the "right" number of carbs. I'm supposed to be at 30 grams this week. Yesterday, I had 43. My problem yesterday was Starbucks. I settled with a small breve latte (10 carbs). So I have my "bad" days. I just skip weighing myself and hope for a better day tomorrow. Today, I'll just have to make certain I skip the higher carb items and focus more on my Induction-type snacks. It's hard to watch family member stuff their faces with high carb snacks and it's hard to watch the TV when we're constantly fed the "low fat" is good messages. Makes me want to puke. Tuesday was my worst day yet. I added a scoop of ice cream to my Atkins shake because I was out of regular cream. Well, there's sugar in my Breyers. So I was over my carbs on Tuesday too. Add in my homemade chili (10 grams carbs) and I hit an embarrassing 51 carbs. Am I disappointed in myself? Yes, to a point. What I like about Atkins is he's trying to help people find a carb level that helps them lose weight and it's not all about Induction. I'm definitely pushing my body and I'm doing it too fast. We'll see if I suffer for it at weigh in on Friday morning. But finding the limits is what we're trying to do here. We're also trying to help ourselves overcome certain addictions too. Granted, some people, once they're off of sugar or high carb items, can't even nibble on them or they're back on the wagon. For others, like myself, I can indulge a bit and walk away. I don't have that "addiction" to certain foods. My biggest fat-inducer is beer. I got into a weekly habit of drinking on Fridays, along with eating high carb "bar foods" like fries every week. Before I knew it, I was fatter than ever. I stopped drinking beer on Fridays and switched to water with a lemon. Of course, this is challenging because I bowl in a couples league with my fiance and we're surrounded by people drinking. I look quite out of place, let me tell you. But when I tell people that I'm tired of being fat from all the beer drinking, they shut up really fast. Especially when they look down at their beer gut. I did have a couple drinks over the weekend though. I decided to see how the hard alcohol worked with this low carb diet. Boy, one shot is plenty! I nursed my little shot with a can of diet coke with lemon and that drink lasted me all night.

We all have the inner strength to do this! But we do need each other to help us overcome the high carb demon!

Keep your chin up Janet You can do it!!

Annie G.