Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-14-01, 09:40
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I haven't received too much resistance to my WOE. One person asked me, Isn't it bad for your liver?, so I told her yes.

One of my work mates was inspired by my success and has lost quite a bit of weight. Another wavers back and forth but is pleased with his results. And I've noticed the management team eating less or no potatoes, rice or bread with their meals.

This WOE works as great leverage for guilt because everyone knows that white flour, sugar and potato chips is not the ideal way to eat. So, if someone is asks me questions about LC, I plant the seed, (usually while they are eating a piece of bread) and say, When you mix flour and water together you get glue! Why do you want to eat glue???

We get quite a few LC'ers coming to the restaurant and I always feel warm towards them when they ask for double vegetables or a salad instead of rice or potatoes.

How often have you heard someone say I can't live without bread, rice, pasta, cereal, sugar in my coffee etc.? Is that an addict talking or what? I find it highly amusing!

Rainny, you have the secret to a better WOL. Everyone else has been brainwashed and cannot see the light. Smile sagely and nod your head at detractors.

Now, if I coud only practice what I preach and become a real role model, not half of one...

Karen
Sponsored Links