Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 06:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 133/121/110
BF:
Progress: 52%
Talking Dinky!!!

Just noticed Dinky that our stats are very similiar. Would love to hear from you about how your doing and what your doing for your last few pounds. Just curious. Talk to ya soon I hope
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 22:39
Registered Member

Stats: 133/126/115
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Woo Hoo for the Weekend!!

Hi Ladies.
Glad you had a good day too Maria. That quiche sounds great. Will have to try it. Always trying to figure out something different to do with those incredible, edible eggs

Atanqt - yes I noticed yesterday we are very close. Bet I'm older - 49. Your turn to confess.

The last ten pounds are torture. They go soooo slow for me. down one, up one, down two, up one. and so it goes. As long as I don't get down in the dumps and stick with the program, it does eventually come off. Then I'm on top of the world, and say to myself ' Self' I say looking in the mirror with open admiration for that svelte body looking back, 'why did you let yourself get heavy again? Look how good you look! Now you are not EVER going to let that happen again. You know how hard it is to get back here..' and on and on. Then the little green aliens come down and hypnotise me and make me eat choc chip cookies and ben & jerry's ice cream & pizza (sorry - didn't mean to swear like that)

Anyway - I love your post. Don't have time to read very many threads - so copy us please!

Had a good day today. absolutley no cheating. did have bbq wings with dinner, but don't think it was enough to throw me out of sync.

Have a great weekend all. I hope to.
  #78   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-02, 07:44
Pending Member

Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Smile Hello

Hello ladies,
I have been very busy and haven't got to my email for two days.
I am glad everyone is doing great. I took my sister out for lunch yestersday. We was celebrating here month on Atkins. She has lost 30 lbs. She is looking great. She is an inch taller than I am but she very big bone. She was so surprised what we both ate.
We had people looking at us strange. I ate three big pieces of baked chicken and a nice size of legal salad. She wanted the meatloaf and I told her she better not because of the extra carbs with ketcup and filling. Our waitress understood because her father had lost 120 lbs on Atkins. I am glad that backward town is finally getting the message.
Dinky, I will be 49 this July. I am hoping to celebrate by being half way my goal. That would be wonderful.

Well ladies, I am glad everyone is doing fine and I am very proud of all of you.
  #79   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-02, 08:05
Registered Member

BF:
Smile Donnaj

Was wondering where you had been last night. I was gonna send you a message. So glad you're still here with us 'little ladies.'

Just checking in this sunny Sat morning before I start my chores. Have a great day.

#80   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-02, 08:26
Registered Member

BF:
Talking Sat post

Well, the week is over and I lost 1 Pound

I get to go and change my profile for the second time. I just changed it a few days ago because I had lost a pound the week before Now with the week ending I'm jumping for joy.

No, LITERALLY I'm going to incorporate some jumping jacks into my daily routine I can really get used to this 1 week a pound thing except I have 12 weeks till vacation and now 15 pounds to go.

So, I'm going to continue my walking 30 min. a day and now I've added some push ups, sit ups, and leg lifts whenever I watch TV.

I don't even allow myself to lay on the couch anymore.

I feel so good when I finish a walk or a few crunches And I feel slimmer Yesterday I had a small portion of scrambled eggs w/cheese and ham, and 3 sausage links, for lunch 1/2 of a steak and 1 egg, and for dinner 1/2 of a steak salad

I'm going to my boyfriend's cousin's wedding tonight and let me tell you, he bought me the most beautiful long black silky gown.

GUESS WHAT SIZE ( keep in mind I have been wearing a 7/8 in jeans for awhile now and those were tight for me, I carry all my weight in my hips and thighs ) Well, I'm proud and he was to that we got to buy a size 4 dress

I love it, I love it, I love it So please with all this said, ladies I can't express my overwhelming joy enough. Keep going with this, it WORKS Well I'm going to post this on my other site, for my other ladies to read, and if I can even just boost one ladies self confidence or strength by writing these posts then I have done my job for the day Talk to you all later
  #81   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-02, 08:56

Plan: Atkins/BFL exercise plan
Stats: 218/185.6/150
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default just checking in

Hi ladies!

Way to go Atangt! I bet that dress looked and felt great!

Hello Marieaa-thanks for the recipe. My dh loves crab, I will have to try it.

Donnaj-congrats to you and your sis! It's nice to see others recognizing the success of LC eating.

I have been doing great. At least I thought I was. I weighed myself a few days ago and I had hit 200! I was so excited. I had forgotten to change my profile and was planning on doing it this morning. I decided to weigh myself again this morning. I am 2 lbs heavier! Is it my scale? Is it me? I thought I was doing everything right! I realize that fluctuating can be normal(right?)
The good thing that has come out of this minor set back is I realized that I have no desire to cheat!! I feel so good about the progress I have made so far. I know this is working. I just wish it would go even faster!! I am very impatient. I am going to try not to weigh myself to often. Once a week should be good enough.

Anyway-The thing I need to remember is according to this morning's weight, I have still lost 1 lb.

And one of my friends said my breasts look smaller! Since they stick out so far, it's hard not to see a difference. Just need to keep up on those exercises!

Well-I hope everyone enjoys their weekend. Dh and I are going out tonight. It will be a nice break. Good luck to everyone on their quest!!

Natalie
  #82   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-02, 22:28
Registered Member

BF:
Default Good night ladies

Had a great day. Got the spare bedroom painted. It looks so nice and fresh. Buttery yellow color. Tomorrow I will clean up he mess then finish it up with some pictures on the wall and a comforter set.

The best part is I was so busy all day, I didn't even have time to think about carbs. Did great, feel good but tired.

atanqt - you are doing fabulous. Doesn't it feel awesome when you go down a size

Natalie you are doing great too. Don't let the fluid fluctuation psych you out. You know when you've been following the plan. Those other two pounds will disappear again when you least expect it - and not come back. My body always does that when I'm loosing. It's like it's trying to fill up the empty space the fat left with water I think. But it's always temporary.

Stick with us - we know lc works.
Enjoy your Sunday girls
  #83   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 11:53

Plan: Atkins/BFL exercise plan
Stats: 218/185.6/150
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Hello again!

I am such a spaz! I wasn't paying attention and clicked on new thread instead of post reply! So here is my message!

Hi Ladies! It has been quiet around here for a few days now. I just thought I check in and see how everyone is doing. I am great. I had a really good "exercise" day yesterday and I have stayed away from the scale for 2 days now. I hope to be able to stay away till next weekend. We will see.

I am into my 4th week on the Atkin's plan and am really feeling the differnce in my body. As I've said before, I wish it would happen faster-but patience is a virtue right? I have a question-Do any of you have any good recipes for lunch? I need some quick n easy stuff. We have had every kind of sausage known to man and chicken salad, mainly. A few variations, but I need some new ideas. My dinner menu has been great, we have tried a bunch of new recipes and liked them all. Whatever you can pass along would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Happy Low-carbing to all!
Natalie
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 11:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 223/140/140
BF:
Progress: 100%

don't forget those egg recipes...egg salad and deviled eggs!
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 13:36
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 200/190/150
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Re: Hello again!

Quote:
Originally posted by Natalie
I am such a spaz! I wasn't paying attention and clicked on new thread instead of post reply! So here is my message!

Hi Ladies! It has been quiet around here for a few days now. I just thought I check in and see how everyone is doing. I am great. I had a really good "exercise" day yesterday and I have stayed away from the scale for 2 days now. I hope to be able to stay away till next weekend. We will see.

I am into my 4th week on the Atkin's plan and am really feeling the differnce in my body. As I've said before, I wish it would happen faster-but patience is a virtue right? I have a question-Do any of you have any good recipes for lunch? I need some quick n easy stuff. We have had every kind of sausage known to man and chicken salad, mainly. A few variations, but I need some new ideas. My dinner menu has been great, we have tried a bunch of new recipes and liked them all. Whatever you can pass along would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Here my all time favorite, Crab Quiche,
1 _9" deepdish pie crust> I do it with out crust
Mix tog >2 beaten eggs>1/2`CUP WHIP CREAM>1/2 CUP Mayonnaise>1tsp cornstarch>1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (or choice)>1/2 pds imitation crabmeat>1 pinch pepper, Add what spices you like (hot) Bake 350, 40 ,mins You can use other things LC I put chop veg in to it > use smoked salmon , enjoy
Happy Low-carbing to all!
Natalie
  #86   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 19:49
Registered Member

BF:
Default Hey little buddies

Natalie - lunch is the hardest. I work long days and have never been a good 'packer' but fast food is almost impossble - at least the few places near me at work. All the wrong stuff. Lately I've been trying to pack every day but Fri. Just taking some fresh vegies, either a hard boiled egg, tuna or chicken salad. Very portable. Lunch meats always make me stall. It's a pretty light lunch, so I can eat a decent dinner with dh.

Having a good low carb week so far. The old 'stopped up' problem keeps coming back. Might have to break down and look into the supplements people everyone on here talks about

Have a great Wednesday!
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 19:56
Pending Member

BF:
Smile Hello ladies

Nat., My favorite lunch is sinful simple. I take two tablespoon of pizza sauce and one stick of string cheese. Nuke for about two minutes and stir and eat with pork rinds. A quick pizza treat.
Another one is roll ups. I take deli thin roast beef and spread with cream cheese and place a dill and roll. Hope this help. I am so proud of your progress.
  #88   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 19:58
Pending Member

BF:
Default Hello

Dinky,
I am having the same problem. I started taking vitamin E and it seems like it has helped me. Hope this helps.
I am glad everything is going okay with you WOE and keep up the great work.
  #89   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 21:55

Plan: Lower Carb/glycemic foods
Stats: 179.5/163.5/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Thumbs down I've been fresh

I didn't abandon the diet, I just didn't follow it as well as I should have for a few days. I'm back. Sometimes you get so darn busy. I finally threw up my picture. Just looking at that motivates me more. Whaaaaaaa.

I'm hitting my girl time, so that coupled with the bad days = no wieght loss for me. That's o.k. I'll do better this week!

Hugs,
Kristi
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-02, 11:44
Registered Member

BF:
Thumbs up Lost another pound, it's the excercise, I know it!!!!!!!!

Well, I haven't wrote in a few days, but I am going to go change my profile again. I lost 1 pound and I feel great

I've now added another 15min. a day to my already 30min. of walking and jogging. My dog loves it And I am already seeing the results. My percentage is going up and I still have 3 full months till my vacation I will not give up or give in to any gremlins or devils or whatever else trys to get in the way. This is my body and I have the control to make it look the best it can be.

I am proving to myself that I can do it, just by losing a few pounds already Good Luck to all, talk to you later