Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 20:27
Tina129

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default newcomer

Hello everyone.

I started on the low carb thing last week. And I was amazed to find out I was not as hungry as I thought I would be. It was a great feeling. I struggle with being a compulsive overeater (not sure that is a common feeling around here). I also have been struggling with blood pressure problems and edema in my legs. I take medication for that but would really like to get off that medication. That is a little about my struggle with food.

I am glad that I found a place like this because I need the support and help of other people in this struggle of mine. I have read up a lot about low carbing, so I have somewhat of an idea of what is involved, though sometimes still have questions.

I look forward being here and seeing you here too.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 20:32
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Tina! Welcome to the forum.

Quote:
I struggle with being a compulsive overeater (not sure that is a common feeling around here).

I think it's more common than some would care to admit! Low carbing is certainly a great food plan to follow because most CE's gravitate towards sugar and starch. Having the right way to eat is half the battle!

Keep us up to date on your journey!

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 20:43
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 220/212.5/155
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hi there,
Welcome to the group. You should know you have at least one supporter who understands compulsive and "unconscious" eating. The first time I noticed it was in my thirties. When looking around the neighbourhood for my eight year old son, I had his pb&j sandwich in my hand, I was a little panicked. When I found him - at his friend's house - the sandwich was gone!...I'd eaten it without even realizing what I was doing. I'm finally taking charge of my self.
Taking care of onesself and affirming that you are the most important person - to you. Nobody can care for you as you can, and nobody can make you feel better about yourself than you can. I have learned that this is the greatest gift you can give to those you love. A whole and healthy - you!
Be sure to let everyone here help you. I'm quite new myself and cherish the help I find here.
All the best,
Jmary
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 20:49
Tina129

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default Thanks

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. I will be sure and come here often.