Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 08:44
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%
Smile What modivates you?

For me, it's listening to certain music, especially tunes usually played at clubs. For some reason, that modivates me to stick to the LC diet and also to exercise more. Also watching certain reality shows on TV, like Extreme Makeover. They definately make me want to go prove that I could do that, too.

What modivates you guys?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 09:58

Plan: Atkins-like
Stats: 215/170/170 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 100%

I had/have two primary motivations. The first, was my father passing away of a heart attack at the age of 54. His brother died at 56. I look a lot like my dad too.

The second, was getting divorced and wanting to trap, I mean find, another wife. Which I was successful at. And she's a low carber at that!

The getting divorced actually facilitated my new diet, because I was by myself and could eat what and when I wanted.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 10:05
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Hmmm.... well, I have more weight to lose, so that motivates me. Also, I just feel good eating this way.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 10:48

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%

i love extreme makeover too! im determined to get those results without the surgery! LoL ok, maybe im dreaming, but it definately motivates me too

music definately motivates me. im sure you can tell if im listening to a song i like or not when im at the gym cuz if i am, im running like 7+ mph & if i'm not you're lucky to catch me at 4-5mph. i've been begging dh to make me a cd, but he hasnt yet. and i dont have the time, patience, or knowledge to do it myself.

obese people motivate me too. this might be horrible, but anytime i see one, i think to myself. "man- i am NEVER gonna let myself go like that again". it really disgusts me. not that other people are fat because whatever, but it disgusts me to know that i used to be like that. man, i hope i dont sound like a total jerk for saying that.

my kids motivate me. for obvious wanting to be around and keep up reasons. but they literally motivate me too. took my kids out the other day. had one in a stroller, the other one was riding his bike. i was rollerskatin. my older one is riding his bike and just learned how to ride standing up so he goes super fast now... hence the reason i have to wear rollerskates just to keep up because i cant run on pavement cuz of my knees... SO, he's all like "cmon mama! hurry up mama! u can't catch me mama!" haha its great. i love that kid.

my mom motivates me. everytime she loses a pound, she emails me & we're pretty competitive. i love getting an email from her saying "haha- i lost 2 pounds last week" and im like "well, i lost 3!"

my dad motivates me. always has. he's gotta quit smoking cuz he has to have surgery... after 30 years or so of smoking 3 packs a day. so, im quitting too... after 15 years of smoking a pack a day. i feel bad for the rest of my family cuz we're gonna be a couple of grumps for a while.

my boss motivates me. he's such a brat. i'll be sittin here eatin celery and he's the next office over & the walls are like 3/4 walls... almost like cubicles & he'll be like "that sounds like potato chips.. what are u eating?" and i'll be like "celery" and he'll be like "ok- just checking"

i'm pretty much inspired by everything and everyone around me. i even turn negativity into positive things. like some of the jealous witches i work with who leave boxes of donuts on my desk. i love having them come by 'just to say hi' 10 times a day to see if i've eaten one and not giving them the satisfaction. ;p
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 16:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 161/-/120 Female 5'4"
BF:27/25/19
Progress: 37%

I'm motivated by looking at myself naked in the mirror and seeing that my tummy is a little flatter and my ass is a little smaller.

I'm motivated when I can put on any pair of pants I own and none of them are the least bit tight.

I'm motivated when I have a rosy flush in my cheeks after I exercise and I look really healthy.

I'm motivated when the numbers on the scale go down and I know that it's not water weight.

I'm motivated when I see an outfit that I'd like to be able to wear.

I'm motivated by every day that I don't cheat or think about cheating, which is almost every day.

I'm motivated when I realize that it's 6:30pm and I have a delicious healthy meal waiting for me that I'm not going to feel bad about eating!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 16:33

Stats: 140.5/121/120 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 95%

as shallow as this sounds it's usually big social events that motivate me

like weddings where I'll see family members I haven't seen in a while

or holiday get-togethers with old college friends

or vacations

or an annual Ball we attend, and I have to get into that evening gown!

I usually figure out how much I've put on due to sloth, how much I have to lose, like say 6-10 lbs, count back the weeks from the event and put myself back into Induction till the Big Day (or Night)
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 16:56

Stats: 140.5/121/120 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 95%

oh, forgot to mention:

weighing myself every morning

using keto stix every afternoon (sorry I can't remember who, but someone on the board suggested cutting the stix in two to make them last longer--brilliant suggestion!)
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 17:00

Stats: 155/108/110 Female 64 inches
BF:33%/25%/22%
Progress: 104%

-photos of myself from when I was thinner--I want to look that good again!

-that pile of favourite jeans in the dresser I can't get into yet

-seeing/feeling the changes in my body
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Sep-11-04, 09:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 193/180/134 Female 5'4
BF:Size 12
Progress: 22%

Buying new smaller more fashionable clothes
Realizing I actually had legs after all
Feeling bones I didn't know were there
Feeling more comfortable in my clothes
No more corset wearing!
Having more stamina
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Sep-11-04, 09:53

Plan: homeopathic HCG, loading
Stats: 246/230.5/154 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 17%

The only thing that really motivates me is RESULTS. When I see my weight going down, my measurements getting smaller, I'm able to fit into a smaller size... that's the biggest motivator. Short-term... not being embarassed at the gym or when my BIL finally brings his new, super-sportive, iron man competitor girlfriend to meet the family and I don't want to look like sh** compared to her. So there, I've said it. And since, as my friend Charlic says "I respond well to carrots", knowing that I'll get a shopping spree as soon as I reach my goal works pretty well too
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Sep-11-04, 10:12

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

What motivates me is the FOOD!!! I love the food on low carb ( heck I loved the food on high carb ). But the foods that I eat on low carb are so tasty and nutritious, that it makes this an easy lifetime plan.

Getting into my little black dress is very motivating.

My age is motivating. I am getting closer to my fifties and I want to look good when I am fifty.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Sep-12-04, 17:43

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 258/223/??? Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress:

Feeling good! Having energy, having less pain, being able to concentrate.

Wanting to have an active old age.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Sep-13-04, 09:16
Glutton for Grease!

Plan: Primal-VLC
Stats: 295/190/190 Male 76
BF:don't/really/care
Progress: 100%

What motivates me?

Not being fat any more.
Not worrying anymore about my family history of type II diabetes.
Therefore, not worrying about gangrenous toes, losing limbs due to poor circulation, and passing out from high blood sugar levels.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Sep-13-04, 10:54

Stats: 276/246/170 Male 6ft 1in
BF:
Progress: 28%
Thumbs up

My main motivation is looking and feeling good. Feeling clothes get a little looser, having a little pep in my step, feeling that little boast in confidence with every pound and inch lost.

Also imagining myself at my goal weight motivates me. Browsing clothes imagining what I going to wear, what I am going to look like, how I am going to feel, and how all my friends and family wil react when I get there.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-04, 22:32

Stats: 136/129/118 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 39%

My main motivation is doing this diet with my pal Nicole. Because she was a heavier girl, her results are more noticeable than mine. We keep eachother in check and always boost eachothers ego by telling eachother what a sexy biotch she is. Anyways, I really want people to notice my weight loss so I stick to the plan and soon they'll notice.