Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 06:26
~UnWritten~

Plan: My LC Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%

I don't miss rice, sorda or bread but the most surprising one to me that I don't miss is cakes. I can walk past the bakery section now in the grocery store and not bat an eye at the freshly made cakes (bakery is right next to the produce section) where before I always had to check the selections and usually ended up with one of them in the cart.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 06:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 286/268.5/145 Female 5'7''
BF:
Progress: 12%

I don't miss pasta, never was a big eater of that, same for potatoes, don't like rice, so I'm okay there, I miss bread but don't crave it, don't miss soda, I usually drank club soda anyway, And that's about it. I miss all the other stuff, pizza, candy, ice cream................and beer. But we won't talk about those things. Peg
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 06:33

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

Beer... It was a major food group for me for so long. Every now and then I get the craving for a nice dark homebrew but it's usually because of a memory associated with something... like a chilly evening with a game of kicking my husbands butt at darts that makes me crave one. But strangely I don't miss it on a daily basis the way I did at the beginning. I'm also shocked at how dissapointed I am the few times I have tried to splurge for a couple bites of white rice. It's so flavorless when compaired to the legal brown variety!

Jenn
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 06:49

Plan: My Own
Stats: 191/166/155 Female 5'4"
BF:32%/25%/25%
Progress: 69%

there are lots of carby foods that pre-lc i wasn't crazy about like most bread, rice, pasta, and pizza but the suprising foods are my old favorites that i now have no problem leaving alone-potatoes and popcorn.

i don't have any foods i miss as i have found lc substitutes for them. my three "issues" are more planning and prep time, eating too much--not at a meal but grazing all the time, and eating out--lc choices are there but it isn't as easy as at home.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 09:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/215/135 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 16%

I hate to say it but I still miss all those foods, at least the taste of them....I don't miss what they did to my body and how they made me feel, so that counts for something doesn't it, lol! Mindy
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 09:16

Stats: 195/136.5/125 Female 5' 4"
BF:33.5%/23.4%/21.5%
Progress: 84%

I dont miss pasta, potatoes, & store bought bread. I do miss a slice of cinnamon toast because I fix it for my kids most mornings with their breakfast & it smells so good. Comfort food I guess.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 09:25

Plan: Atkins-like
Stats: 215/170/170 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 100%

Don't miss french fries anymore, or plain white bread. Haven't even felt the need to get low carb bread.

This IS a great thread! Just in thinking about it, I can really say that I've adapted very well to this way of eating and am completely happy now. Makes me proud, its one of the biggest changes I've made in my life.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 10:01

Plan: In Transition
Stats: 256/180/140 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 66%

With the one exception of fresh fruit, I can't for the life of me figure out why I was so sure that I could not live without all the things I used to eat pre LC.

Time and abstinance took care of having any desire for everything else I used to eat. Everything but fresh fruit, that is. Maybe if I had worked harder at not eating it, I would be able to not miss it as well. Does not sound very healthy to me though, so I tell myself as I eat my peach.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 10:14

Stats: 192/165/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:Shrinking
Progress: 52%

I definately don't miss bread or pasta -- Dining out or in, I always had a difficult time saving space for the really GOOD stuff (meats and veggies) when the bread and/or pasta would fill me up (more like BLOAT me).
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 10:24
Registered Member

Stats: 217/202/165 Male 68 inches
BF:Don't/Wanna/Know
Progress: 29%

Strangely enough, I don't miss ice cream! Of course, I'm still on Induction and it's only been 10 days.

I have to admit, I DO miss my potatoes though. It was a true test of strength when I went out to eat and on my plate alongside my steak was a pile of mashed potatoes and gravy. Flimshaw!
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 10:30
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

I don't miss mashed potato's cause DH eats them so much I got sick of them.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 11:11

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224.5/155/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

I don't miss seeing my shoes tied on the sides because I couldn't bend to tie them. I don't miss my size 18 jeans. I don't miss being embarrassed at the gym. I don't miss being out of breath going up a flight of stairs. I don't miss the 40 pounds that I have lost! I don't miss pasta......
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 11:35

Plan: keto
Stats: 230/218/150 Female 5'5"
BF:have/no/idea
Progress: 15%

I don't miss mcdonalds fries and bakery items. I would eat cakes, pies, cookies like crazy before atkins. also at work, I would start thinking about buying a twix bar from the vending machine around 11:00 am, and would eventually buy 1 or 2 by 2:30pm. I would rarely stop at mcdonald's for myself, but if I stopped for the kids, it would be a supersize quarterpounder meal everytime! Now I pull up through the drive thru and order my chicken ceasar salad without feeling deprived, once in a while I will get the burger and leave the bun. Last night for example, I passed the bag of fries to the kids without sampling a single fry, or even thinking about how yummy they are! That is a miracle. Oh yeah and my last favorite that I really don't miss. KFC extra crispy chicken!
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 11:54

Stats: 235/180.2/175 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydor
I dont miss any food... unless its on the table infront of me! heh

I can relate to this.
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 13:14

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

I don't miss bread nor do I miss rice. I find that I ate those things, in the first place, because everyone else does