Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-04, 22:43

Plan: Less talk, More action
Stats: 175/130/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default fitting those jeans!

I have a little 'skinny' pair of jeans that i am determined to get back into..last wore them 15 years ago!! This morning i got them all the way on, but couldn't get the zip together to do up.
A "friend" has mockingly laughed and said I'll NEVER get into them!!
WATCH THIS SPACE!! [never say never]

Last edited by kiwigal : Wed, Sep-15-04 at 00:30.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-04, 08:11

Plan: Fat Flush Plan
Stats: 233/146/150 Female 5ft 8inches
BF:22%
Progress: 105%

The motivation changes over time, IMVVHO!

When I was fat, looking at my naked self in the mirror was quiet motivating! (depressing, too!)

Now that I'm at goal, shopping in the honest-to-god "small" section of the clothes racks is veddy VEDDY motivating (not to mention exhilirating, astonishing, and down right addicting!).

NOTHING (and I do mean NOTHING!!) tastes as good as slender feels!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-04, 23:08
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 167.5/157.4/132 Female 164cm
BF:???
Progress: 28%

My sister. I want her body and I'm going to get it!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-04, 05:43
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

Looking in the mirror.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-04, 07:09
~UnWritten~

Plan: My LC Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%

Motivation:
My DH about exercising. I hate doing it but he's full of energy and I take from him (or else I won't do it).

I have smaller sized jeans from years past that I just won't give away. I use them as motivation. I've gone from a 24 to an 18 and the other day was able to get into a size 16 but they were real tight.

Quote:
obese people motivate me too. this might be horrible, but anytime i see one, i think to myself. "man- i am NEVER gonna let myself go like that again". it really disgusts me. not that other people are fat because whatever, but it disgusts me to know that i used to be like that. man, i hope i dont sound like a total jerk for saying that.

and jemman I don't think you sound like a jerk.... that's also my motivation. Because I know if I fail or stop this WOE I will gain back what I lost plus some and that has me marching towards 275-300 pounds on a 5'8" frame and I swore I would never let that happen.

My biggest motivation is the watch and braclet my BIL bought me Christmas two years ago. I was so angry when I opened the present b/c I knew it didn't fit. I couldn't get it to clasp without taking a chunk of skin with it and now I am able to get it on and clasp it (though it's still a bit snug but wearable).
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-04, 07:38
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Carrots that motivate me: maintaining a healthy weight, the fantastic food, clear skin, relief from depression, relief from PMS, increased energy and concentration, better dental health.

Sticks that motivate me: the skinny b*tches I know (and love ), my parents' relatively poor health, my gradual elimination of what could be categorized as "fat" clothes.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-04, 11:54

Plan: Mod Carbs.1200-1600 cals
Stats: 148/185/120 Female 5"2 or 159cm
BF:
Progress: -132%

Results would... sadly, none yet.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Sep-20-04, 19:34
Chaos in the flesh!

Plan: custom
Stats: 386/218.2/167 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasha
For me, it's listening to certain music, especially tunes usually played at clubs. For some reason, that modivates me to stick to the LC diet and also to exercise more. Also watching certain reality shows on TV, like Extreme Makeover. They definately make me want to go prove that I could do that, too.

What modivates you guys?

What motivates me....
I guess I never really totally thought about it.
The main reason is health. I want desperately to be healthy
I want to look good.
I see my boyfriend, who loves me dearly look at women like brooke burke or even some chick at the beach with that "damn!" look on his face (he's human, he's allowed - and I get the same look at some guys!) and I want him to look at me that way -
I think I have a great personality - when I'm not feeling down about my weight. I'm often described by my friends as the life of the party, etc. I want my image to match how I feel! Maybe it is selfish and superficial, but I want it, dammit!
I want all those that have doubted me, put me down, put down low-carbers for so long to eat crow! Especially those that have put me down because they didn't want me to change for the better.
I don't want to end up like my mother. She's spent the last 3years battling back from the edge of the grave due to her weight.
I just want it.
I just deserve it.
I just have to work for it
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Sep-22-04, 19:53

Plan: Atkins-ish :D
Stats: 210/205/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 8%

What motivates me is knowing how good I can look once I get down to my goal.. (was there once in high school.. loved it, lost it, now Im starting all over again..)

Seeing old photos, setting goals... clothes being bigger on me.. old clothes fitting again... these things motivate me..

The anticipation of seeing old friends from high school.. dont want them to be like.. (omg, shes gained soo much weight!! What happened?) I dont want to be that person..

And... I have a best friend, now boyfriend who I want to be proud of me.. he already is proud of me, but being thinner for him, as sad as that sounds, keeps me going as well.. hes seen me at my almost highest, (over a year ago, when we just worked together..) through my breakup with my ex who I was with for 4 years, and now through my latest progress.. he deserves a better looking me because he truly is my best friend..
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Sep-24-04, 07:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/216/142 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

My husband and my children motivate me....as well as those hot little jeans I want to fit into some day!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Sep-24-04, 08:13
Resident Drunk

Plan: Atkins mostly :)
Stats: 215/202/170 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 29%

I'm having me a baby soon. 6-7 weeks or so. I guess it just hit me recently just how "real" this is.

I need to be healthy for my baby